• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Shocking. I never would have pegged someone with your amazing social skills as an engineer. ;)

I have perfectly fine social skills, a robust set of friends, tons of aquantances, and a significant other. I'm also active in a wide variety of activities outside of work. Sorry to disappoint you all.

Only problem is the amount of bullshit thrown around in this thread. Sorry if you guys all hate that you can't just slide your bs on by.

PS:
I really do love you all, and the shit we talk in here. Well most of you. ;)

snack

Anyone get this error when entering the theme store on the S6?

4Igxyx4.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have perfectly fine social skills, a robust set of friends, tons of aquantances, and a significant other. I'm also active in a wide variety of activities outside of work. Sorry to disappoint you all.

Only problem is the amount of bullshit thrown around in this thread. Sorry if you guys all hate that you can't just slide your bs on by.

PS:
I really do love you all, and the shit we talk in here. Well most of you. ;)

So why shit on people for being interested in a smartwatch? This is a tech leaning thread with people wondering whether to upgrade because of X CPU or Y GB Ram etc. most of the thread is pointless tech oneupmanship. So someone wanting to try out a smartwatch shouldn't be the slightest bit surprising. Maybe they'll hate it, maybe they won't. Maybe they'll discover they like wearing watches and buy a Brietling (I doubt it though)

You did come across as a bit of a snob though, dismissive of anyone that wouldn't want to dress smart and wear a fancy watch.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'd never work at a place that allowed flip flops at work. Jesus. Actually, if the company allowed it, fine. But if the employees somehow think doing that is acceptable? What a bunch of unprofessionals. I'm all about a laid back culture but flip flops? Have some self respect.

I'd never work at a place that allowed flip flops at work. Jesus. Actually, if the company allowed it, fine. But if the employees somehow think doing that is acceptable? What a bunch of unprofessionals. I'm all about a laid back culture but flip flops? Have some self respect.

How do you feel about sandals?

thenexus6

How is the Sony Z1 at this point? I currently have a Nexus 5 but would fancy a change. I could easily straight swap for one I think.

I think the waterproofing, better camera and battery?, micro sd, premium build (although I like the plastic on the N5) would be nice. I am more than happy with the Nexus 5 performance as i'm a pretty light user.

terrier

How is the Sony Z1 at this point? I currently have a Nexus 5 but would fancy a change. I could easily straight swap for one I think.

I think the waterproofing, better camera and battery?, micro sd, premium build (although I like the plastic on the N5) would be nice. I am more than happy with the Nexus 5 performance as i'm a pretty light user.

performance is about the same, better battery life but not awesome, probably better camera overall (but lack of OiS) , waterproof and SD slot are a plus. The phone is ugly and too big for its screen size though, those bezels. Also worse screen by a mile.

thenexus6

performance is about the same, better battery life but not awesome, probably better camera overall (but lack of OiS) , waterproof and SD slot are a plus. The phone is ugly and too big for its screen size though, those bezels. Also worse screen by a mile.

I would've opted for the Z1C but 4.3" is too small for me

Vanillalite

what bout Crocs? They're still a thing right?

Crocs are worn a ton by the medical profession, but that's because it works for them being on their feet in a hospital setting.

If you haven't seen crocs in a while you'll def see them at your local hospital.

I completely agree. I work in a corporate environment - suits, ties, and all - but even if I *could* wear flip flops to work, I never would. In fact, any male that shows any amount of feet at work (unless you work at Abercrombie & Fitch) deserves no respect.

Aesthet1c

Can anyone maybe help me with an issue?

My wife just got an HTC One M9, and its awesome but she is missing texts. Its mostly just MMS that she doesn't get, but sometimes she doesn't even get regular SMS. We have T-Mobile and apparently their WiFi calling has issues with SMS/MMS, but I have disabled all of that and even modified the APN on her phone and she still has the issue.

I think I probably just need to call T-Mobile, but I don't know if there was anything else software wise I could test.

A few google searches almost make this issue sound pretty common, but none of the common fixes seem to work. Anyone know anything else I could try?

Keyouta

My Note 4 had amazing battery life before updating to lollipop and now it isn't so great. Im pretty disappointed with it. Is there anything I could do to fix this aside from factory resetting back down to 4.4.4?

reKon

Banned
My Note 4 had amazing battery life before updating to lollipop and now it isn't so great. Im pretty disappointed with it. Is there anything I could do to fix this aside from factory resetting back down to 4.4.4?

damn..

#projectVolta

#AndroidtakingtheL

Vanillalite

My wife just got an HTC One M9, and its awesome but she is missing texts. Its mostly just MMS that she doesn't get, but sometimes she doesn't even get regular SMS. We have T-Mobile and apparently their WiFi calling has issues with SMS/MMS, but I have disabled all of that and even modified the APN on her phone and she still has the issue.

I think I probably just need to call T-Mobile, but I don't know if there was anything else software wise I could test.

A few google searches almost make this issue sound pretty common, but none of the common fixes seem to work. Anyone know anything else I could try?

What phone did she have before this? It wasn't an iPhone was it?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

it is fine (arguments about bezels are overblown). The biggest downside is the screen not being as good as the Z2. The Z2 would be a much better choice if you can get one for a good price.

kIdMuScLe

Get the app TEXTRA. Somehow that's the only texting app that works with T-Mobile as it has specific settings options that you need to enable for it.

Aesthet1c

Get the app TEXTRA. Somehow that's the only texting app that works with T-Mobile as it has specific settings options that you need to enable for it.

Sweet, thanks. I'll have to give that a shot.

What phone did she have before this? It wasn't an iPhone was it?

She did have an iPhone, and I did read it could be an iMessage problem, but most of her dropped texts are from other Android users.

Thanks for the help guys.

Nightbird

Does the LG G3s got Lollipop?
I'm about to get finally a new Phone next Week, and i'm eyeing that Model.

Alternatives: Moto E/G, Wiko Wax

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Please donate if I helped you at all. Poor college student in need of beer.

this_guy

I'll stick with Cricket Wireless for now. $35/month for unlimited talk and text with 2.5gb data, throttled after your data allotment is up (plan is actually $40 - $5 if you sign up with autopay), plus you can use any AT&T or unlocked gsm phone. I also have $400+ in credits from a promotion they had earlier this year where they gave you $100 port in credit when porting from Sprint or TMobile (activated 5 Tmobile prepaid lines and ported them right over, then canceled them after a month). I essentially have free cell phone service for the year.

manfestival

I think that is pretty legit. However, it is pretty hard to beat tmobile on the music aspect. I use music everywhere from the gym to driving around. If I wasnt so big into music. This would be a fantastic deal for me. I would just go for 3 gigs and wouldnt care since I would know money comes back for any unused data.

I'll stick with Cricket Wireless for now. $35/month for unlimited talk and text with 2.5gb data, throttled after your data allotment is up (plan is actually $40 - $5 if you sign up with autopay), plus you can use any AT&T or unlocked gsm phone. I also have $400+ in credits from a promotion they had earlier this year where they gave you $100 port in credit when porting from Sprint or TMobile (activated 5 Tmobile prepaid lines and ported them right over, then canceled them after a month). I essentially have free cell phone service for the year.

How is the service? I have always wondered what it was like for cricket since it uses tmobiles towers from what I have read but I fear using the s6 on it cause it may not be full taken advantage of. Wideband is super nice in the areas around here that have it.

this_guy

How is the service? I have always wondered what it was like for cricket since it uses tmobiles towers from what I have read but I fear using the s6 on it cause it may not be full taken advantage of. Wideband is super nice in the areas around here that have it.

It's AT&T service, so much better coverage than T-Mobile generally (of course, depends on your area). LTE speeds are capped at 8mb/s, so you're not gonna blow anyone away when doing speed tests, but 8mb/s is plenty for any type of streaming on a phone. Ping times are higher than going through AT&T proper or any of the other carriers, but it really doesn't make a difference in day to day usage.

Top Bottom