• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

He probably wanted good battery life.

battery-test-s6-2.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg

battery-test.jpg

gcubed

Screwed up music controls on lock screen that don't let you skip tracks, notifications that are forced upon you when you open the phone unless you choose to ignore all notifications, and no silent mode like in 4.4 where you still get alarms and notification lights for text messages.

So, what you're telling me is you haven't used 5.1, or music. You can skip tracks in music on the lock screen since lollipop came out, what you can't do is seek. That and you lost the pretty lock screen music player.

Saiyan-Rox

Boxed up my Nexus player and am sending it back to Argos. I'll accept to take a replacement and see if it is just a dodgy one (I doubt it) but if it;s not just my unit it is without a doubt the worst product Google have ever made imo.

Where can I get one?
Also, I paid $450 for my Note 4. This will do for now.
It's being revealed on Tuesday! So probably within a month after the reveal.

If you already have a Note 4 though then it really doesn't matter. Just stick with that for a while. But the G4 will likely have a very impressive camera barring any fuckups and it will likely bring the same great battery as the G3.

I still don't know how the G4 is rumored to be bigger than the G3. I guess it's that camera taking up space.
yeah not sure I get that either. I mean we will see when it's official but maybe a f1.8 camera takes that much more space. Maybe the fingerprint sensor. Who knows.

thenexus6

Boxed up my Nexus player and am sending it back to Argos. I'll accept to take a replacement and see if it is just a dodgy one (I doubt it) but if it;s not just my unit it is without a doubt the worst product Google have ever made imo.

Out of curiosity why did you get one? I don't know much about it, but what does it really offer that a phone / tablet paired with a chrome cast can't?

Saiyan-Rox

Out of curiosity why did you get one? I don't know much about it, but what does it really offer that a phone / tablet paired with a chrome cast can't?

Mainly cause I'm a tech nut along with anything nexus I want lol but also because I liked it having its own storage and it seems to be the only device I have that'll actually play Google play movies in HD (nothing else will not even my PC which is a complete rip off)

But the NP seems to have an issue actually playing casted content in a proper resolution and it has distortion on movement. It even happens with content I've downloaded onto my PC and put onto the internal storage so idk what's up with it.

I honestly don't know how the 808 is supposed to solve the 810's heat problems, the 810 throttles when the big cores run too hot and the 808 has the same number of big cores as the 810. All the 808 does is make the device run slower when not under load with half the number of small cores.

Saiyan-Rox

Worse than the Nexus Q?

That's what I said, the Note 4 gets good battery life.

I never actually knew about the nexus Q until like last year. I liked the look of it and tbh id buy one just for the sake of having at this point lol but yeah I can't really comment on if it's worse :p

Toki767

I honestly don't know how the 808 is supposed to solve the 810's heat problems, the 810 throttles when the big cores run too hot and the 808 has the same number of big cores as the 810. All the 808 does is make the device run slower when not under load with half the number of small cores.

I think it's the reverse actually. 4 small cores and 2 big cores.

At least, that's what would make sense.

It's being revealed on Tuesday! So probably within a month after the reveal.

If you already have a Note 4 though then it really doesn't matter. Just stick with that for a while. But the G4 will likely have a very impressive camera barring any fuckups and it will likely bring the same great battery as the G3.

g3 had a great battery? Def news to me

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
We are like a month away from IO, no?

Hasney

Nah, it's dual core big. Quad core little for some reason.

Toki767

I'm asking which to go for for new phones that isn't an S6.

It might be a pick your poison type scenario. The 810 might get throttled on phones with 1080p screens. The 808 might not get throttled on the G4, but the screen is 1440p so it still might be pressed to push all those pixels.

VanWinkle

Why is my G3's battery so much worse since upgrading to Lollipop? I went from about 3.5 hours screen on time to about 2.5 hours. That's really significant.

Why is my G3's battery so much worse since upgrading to Lollipop? I went from about 3.5 hours screen on time to about 2.5 hours. That's really significant.
lollipop fucking something up probably. Any time a new version of android comes out something always gets weird. 4.4 killed my nexus 5s battery and made it worse than it already was. Factory reset made it go back to normal-bad. Try that for you. If that doesn't resolve it then wait for 5.1 I guess.

Top Bottom