• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

jokkir

I need some help.

Do any of you guys know of any good examples of Material Design? I'm looking into the cards component right now (as well as the other components) but need some examples to get a better understanding of the design to apply it to the project I'm working on.

I already know of /r/materialdesign and will look there too. Any app or web recommendations are good.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Why is my G3's battery so much worse since upgrading to Lollipop? I went from about 3.5 hours screen on time to about 2.5 hours. That's really significant.

I'm good with mine, but I also factory reset.

I've heard of similar issued as you so I reset as soon as I updated.

Vanillalite

Anyone interested in a brand new in box Nexus 6? White 32GB model. $600 shipped. International version but it'll work in the USA, see http://www.willmyphonework.net. PM me.

There are no words to laugh enough at this.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Vanillalite

We all saw this coming. Let's be honest. I mean think of all of the wishy washy comments before he got the phone, and then the trails and lengths he went to to actually get the phone.

Color me not surprised.

Still funny as fuck though. LoL
You're not gonna find a phone to get you through the day if you play that much Hearth on the damn thing. Hearth=Battery Slayer

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's a brand new in box one. Not my personal one. I ordered a second one that I never bothered to return. My personal one is a white 64GB that I'm typing from right now.

Google discontinued the Nexus 7, slimming down their tablet line up to only two devices now.

How many updates is it going to get in the future?

R.I.P. Nexus 7

Yeah, but if want to see cool new stuff at I/O, which is too soon for cool new stuff.
yeah I really don't know what the hell I/O will be about. I guess Google Pay....hope they talk about all the software fuck ups recently with lollipop and how they intend to fix it all.

Other than that what is there? No rumours yet either.

thenexus6

Got a Z1 compact yesterday to replace my Nexus 5, pretty happy with it so far. Feels great, battery is way better, sony UI has some nice features.

Piano

Banned
What's the best file explorer these days? Don't have root so don't need any advanced functionality, just moving stuff around. Preferably something with an attractive UI.

vdlow

What's the best file explorer these days? Don't have root so don't need any advanced functionality, just moving stuff around. Preferably something with an attractive UI.
I'm using Cabinet. It was one of the first file managers to fully embrace Material Design. It's beautiful and has everything I need from a file manager. Worth a shot.

RuGalz

How on Earth did they get 11 hours of web browsing on the S6.

Probably controlled environment, i.e. No google account, no other apps installed, etc. This is what I'm able to get on my N5 by just making sure the wakelocks are under control. 5% left when this was taken:
Code:
[url=http://imgur.com/UtGW22B][img]http://i.imgur.com/UtGW22B.png[/img][/url]

not quite this yet... but I have way more stuff installed.
gsmarena_002.jpg

Do you guys recommend the Sony Z3V from Verizon? It's on sale for $1 and I tried looking for it at the stores here...no one has it and they all tell me it didn't sell, like their worst selling phone ever. One person even straight up questioned why I wanted that phone lol

reKon

Banned
Do you guys recommend the Sony Z3V from Verizon? It's on sale for $1 and I tried looking for it at the stores here...no one has it and they all tell me it didn't sell, like their worst selling phone ever. One person even straight up questioned why I wanted that phone lol

You know it's bad a Verizon rep doesn't even know anything about the phone even though it's there job to know basic facts about it, lol... fucking useless.

Anyways, that's the problem you face when you don't advertise your phone AT ALL in the US in addition to having your phones on only two carriers. If Sony invested as much as the other companies in marketing their phone, people would obviously know about it.

It seems like the Z3V is a solid phone though. I have a Z3 Compact and it's fantastic on T-Mobile. The only issue that you're going to have is slow updates because of both Sony and Verizon (but mainly Verizon)

I've just upgraded my sony z1 to lollipop and I've lost my mobile data/wifi on/off buttons on my home screen, so I'm having to drag down the quick setting bar to turn them on/off, which I hate.

Can't find them to readd so I'm guessing google got rid of them? Is there anyway to regain this functionality without rooting my phone/?

MercuryLS

Banned
Probably controlled environment, i.e. No google account, no other apps installed, etc. This is what I'm able to get on my N5 by just making sure the wakelocks are under control. 5% left when this was taken:
Code:
[url=http://imgur.com/UtGW22B][img]http://i.imgur.com/UtGW22B.png[/img][/url]

not quite this yet... but I have way more stuff installed.
gsmarena_002.jpg

How do you do that? What app is that?

You know it's bad a Verizon rep doesn't even know anything about the phone even though it's there job to know basic facts about it, lol... fucking useless.

Anyways, that's the problem you face when you don't advertise your phone AT ALL in the US in addition to having your phones on only two carriers. If Sony invested as much as the other companies in marketing their phone, people would obviously know about it.

It seems like the Z3V is a solid phone though. I have a Z3 Compact and it's fantastic on T-Mobile. The only issue that you're going to have is slow updates because of both Sony and Verizon (but mainly Verizon)

Thanks man. I didn't think about the update. I have been using an iPhone and wanting to switch, and I really only want the $1 deal. I could get the z3v online...and yea seems like z3 is most praised not Verizon's. Maybe I will just wait then :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thanks man. I didn't think about the update. I have been using an iPhone and wanting to switch, and I really only want the $1 deal. I could get the z3v online...and yea seems like z3 is most praised not Verizon's. Maybe I will just wait then :(

Verizons should be the pick of the crop as they added wireless charging which the standard Z3 doesn't have. If they didn't downgrade anything else then it's a fine phone.

I find it odd that Sony do deals with limited operators in the US and then don't back it up with comarketing or other deals. Why go with Verizon exclusively if they aren't going to do anything to push the phone for you?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've just upgraded my sony z1 to lollipop and I've lost my mobile data/wifi on/off buttons on my home screen, so I'm having to drag down the quick setting bar to turn them on/off, which I hate.

Can't find them to readd so I'm guessing google got rid of them? Is there anyway to regain this functionality without rooting my phone/?

Should be some apps/widgets in the store that can toggle them for you? Any particular reason you need it? If connected to wifi on lollipop it isn't using any mobile data. You could maybe look into something like tasker or llama to do it automatically for you.

Hasney

They're only discontinuing the Nexus 7 tablet. They need the name for the next phone they're going to announce at that size.

reKon

Banned
They're only discontinuing the Nexus 7 tablet. They need the name for the next phone they're going to announce at that size.

Shut up you :(

#givememyNexus5

Actually now that I think about it, I don't want a new Nexus 5 if it's going to be using the snapdragon 810 CPU.

Spinluck

What's the best way to back up Android guys?

I just had my phone wiped because of some "could not be encrypted error, data cannot be accessed." Something along those lines, I can't remember. But it hurt to lose everything.

I'm willing drop some cash on a decent back up method.

Top Bottom