• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

MercuryLS

Banned
My G2's screen smashed into bits after it fell on its face today (It wasn't even a hard floor, I was like WTF when I picked up the phone). I'm considering getting a new phone but there isn't one that I'm genuinely excited about. I don't want a huge phone something about the same size of the G2 (around 5 inches). Also I want good battery.

What are my options? Also considering switching to iphone just to try something new.

If you want really good battery life at that size you should look at the Z3.

My G2's screen smashed into bits after it fell on its face today (It wasn't even a hard floor, I was like WTF when I picked up the phone). I'm considering getting a new phone but there isn't one that I'm genuinely excited about. I don't want a huge phone something about the same size of the G2 (around 5 inches). Also I want good battery.

What are my options? Also considering switching to iphone just to try something new.

s6

oh wait you said good battery life ;/

Toki767

If you want really good battery life at that size you should look at the Z3.

The Z3 is not even close to the size of the G2 unless you just mean screen size. Those Sony bezels are real.

The G2 was pretty much one of a kind though. There isn't really another phone out there with 5.2" display and 3000mAh battery at that size.

MercuryLS

Banned
The Z3 is not even close to the size of the G2 unless you just mean screen size. Those Sony bezels are real.

The G2 was pretty much one of a kind though. There isn't really another phone out there with 5.2" display and 3000mAh battery at that size.

That's true, the Z3 is quite a bit larger. There isn't anything similar to the G2's size for that screen size.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

True. Tbh I think the xperia bezels are fine. It's only a few mm taller than an iPhone 6 with a 4.7" screen.

And yet mine kept getting burn marks in the screen, the thing was a pain in the ass

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I checked HTC's stock for shits and giggles today. Its peak, when the M7 came out, was at ~$43. It's now sitting at $4.37 :O

That's a massive drop.

Toki767

I checked HTC's stock for shits and giggles today. Its peak, when the M7 came out, was at ~$43. It's now sitting at $4.37 :O

That's a massive drop.

Never say never, but I really doubt their stock is going to hit that high again in the foreseeable future. They need a pretty radical change or a whole new marketing campaign for their next phone.

NotBacon

There are no words to laugh enough at this.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Holy shit lol lol lol lol
Paging Bacon
lol what happened?
lol classic

what did it in for you?
ready to join the club?

It's a brand new in box one. Not my personal one. I ordered a second one that I never bothered to return. My personal one is a white 64GB that I'm typing from right now.

sup.jpg

Groof

DxOMark gives the S6 Edge camera their highest ranking yet.

Photo said:
Pros
- Very fine detail and low noise levels when shooting in bright light
- Good exposure
- Fast autofocus
- Nice White Balance and color in all outdoor conditions
- Good level of detail preserved in low-light shots
- Excellent flash-only results: good detail with minimal noise, accurate White Balance and good color
Cons
- Noise noticeable in low-light shots
- Slight color fringing noticeable
- Mixing flash and tungsten light results in slightly yellow/green White Balance

Video said:
Pros
- Fine detail with low noise when shooting in both bright and low light
- Good exposure
- Good White Balance and color
Cons
- Strong “jello” effect
- Slight flare is noticeable shooting in bright lighting conditions
- Slight color shading noticeable shooting in low-light conditions

Toki767

I played with the S6 Edge today. It's really nice in person. Only issue with it holding it is that I don't like how the bottom corners seem to poke at my palm.

Not sure why it took this long for Samsung to be on par with Apple in this department.

On the other hand Nexus devices will never have a God Tier camera.

Nexus devices can't cost $1000 like iPhones and Galaxy S, something has to give. Camera is often first on the chopping block because Google hates us personally.

GSG Flash

Not sure why it took this long for Samsung to be on par with Apple in this department.

Apple wishes that they were on par with the S6/Edge's camera.

Samsung destroyed everyone in the camera department this year.

Apple wishes that they were on par with the S6/Edge's camera.

Samsung destroyed everyone in the camera department this year.
6S will probably have something to say about that this year, but it is super impressive.

Too bad the S6 isn't enough for a vatos locos like me. Doesn't have enough carnalismo.

GSG Flash

6S will probably have something to say about that this year, but it is super impressive.

Too bad the S6 isn't enough for a vatos locos like me. Doesn't have enough carnalismo.

I consider 6 and 6+ as this year's models and 6s and 6s+ as next year's models ;)

...because it's not easy? Otherwise Motorola would have baller cameras every year.

It's super easy when you have the production volumes of Samsung and Apple. The small manufacturers are all screwed because they can't order 20 million units at a time, look at HTC's travails in the camera world.

ukas

It's super easy when you have the production volumes of Samsung and Apple. The small manufacturers are all screwed because they can't order 20 million units at a time, look at HTC's travails in the camera world.

HTC is just clueless when it comes to cameras. End of story.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

[IG]http://albaciudad.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/sup.jpg[/IMG]
Haha. I can't get rid of my N6. I love it and only hate the battery life. Still a great phone.

Thanks. Getting old sux. Not as much as 6 inch phones but sill
Happy birthday, man. I hope you grow wise in your older years and realize how awesome 6" devices are.

Toki767

Hmm...the G Watch Urbane is on the Play Store now for $350. Apple Watch pricing.

The G Watch R got a price drop to $250. I think if this ever hits like $100-150, I might buy it just to try it.

Still curious what they could possibly add to the watch interface though. Feels like it's really not going to be too useful.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm sure this is already a big no, but it's worth a shot. I upgraded my Note 4 to Lollipop, but the heads up notification pop ups are annoying me so much. Whatsapp, Facebook, texts, etc notifications are popping up on top of apps I'm using. I looked at the settings and I don't see an option to disable it. I can disable the app notification, but then I won't get any!

I'm liking the update, but notifications are just the worst. I hate them on the lock screen too.

NotBacon

I'm fine with demigod-tier for now. If we get god-tier this year that will be nice too.

Haha. I can't get rid of my N6. I love it and only hate the battery life. Still a great phone.

We stand together, against those who have not seen the light.

I'm liking the update, but notifications are just the worst. I hate them on the lock screen too.

You can swipe up on the heads-up notifications to dismiss them but keep them in the tray. (Or to the side to completely dismiss them.)
But yeah, an option to disable them would be nice.

Hating lock-screen notifications is a new one though......

Top Bottom