• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CDr6E91WoAI-71n.jpg

CDr6Fd4WAAAdCkD.jpg

tis 5.0~, but we knew that

Hasney

If the UI is more streamlined and doesn't lag, then I think it'll be fine.

Will be interesting to see as if it's the same UI as the Lollipop G3, I'd expect the SD 808 to have a higher single core score and a lower multi-core score than the previous phone, so will be good to see how their UI responds to that. It might not be optimised for multiple cores.

Wreav

Banned
Why anyone would buy a G4 after seeing how LG bungled the 810 in the Flex 2 is beyond me.

You people deserve all the pain. All of it.

Wreav

Banned
Its not an 810. How you have such shit reading comprehension I don't know. Yet you do.

Yawn.

The point is that LG has proven across both the G3 and the Flex 2 that they can't control Qualcomm heat for shit. Why assume they magically just figured it out?

Hasney

Yawn.

The point is that LG has proven across both the G3 and the Flex 2 that they can't control Qualcomm heat for shit. Why assume they magically just figured it out?

Well they're using a CPU with less cores, so it should help. It'll be hard to get even remotely excited until it's in peoples hands though and see if they have fixed things up.

Come on new G Watch long shot.

Sch1sm

It's an 810 in the Flex 2, which he was talking about.

Not really. It was more like, "hey, you're straight screwing up if you're buying the G4 seeing as the Flex 2 is using 810," even though the G4 is using an 808 chip. Weird correlation, really.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's an 810 in the Flex 2, which he was talking about.

Which has nothing to do with the G4. Literally 0.

He always says it is the 810 despite us telling him it's the 808 for a month now.

At some point I just chalk it up to him being stupid. *shrug*

MercuryLS

Banned
Can't wait to see that wobble when placed on a flat surface because of the stupid stitching.

Yeah I prefer flat backed phones. Also speaker on the back is an automatic fail. I'll never understand that placement, such a stupid design decision born of pure laziness.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yeah I prefer flat backed phones. Also speaker on the back is an automatic fail. I'll never understand that placement, such a stupid design decision born of pure laziness.

Same here, my old M7 had a curved back and it was really annoying to use on the table.

Hasney

Not so much bothered about a flat back, but the speaker... Good god. Even Samsung have started moving theirs around.

Hasney

The g3 is fantastic.

Those looking for a new phone would do well by themselves to get a g4.

But wait to see if the 808 is actually any good. I still have my doubts that it won't be worse than the 805 and throttle even on dual core. I really, really want to be proven wrong for the sake of this year though.

Wreav

Banned
What happens to a leather back in a rainstorm?

"As your soft leather back gets beat the fuck up, that adds personality to your phone. That's LG."

ukas

"We asked people what they wanted the most."

Leather stitching on the back of the phone was a resounding response. Denim almost made it, but the response to leather was just a bit higher.

Dumb

Wreav

Banned
Letting a PR dude try to give a primer in photography is hurting my head.

Showing off this color spectrum feature with photographs of reference images that no one knows what the fuck they're supposed to look like is so dumb.

Also, showing off horribly overexposed images isn't helping their case for "pro" controls.

this_guy

Yawn.

Same reason people think Motorola will have a good camera and battery life on the next Moto X.

Toki767

The UI is still just largely Lollipop. LG's skin really isn't as dramaticly different from stock Lollipop as people make it sound. There's basically a different looking notification shade. That's about it.

Top Bottom