• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Mindwipe

Ah, fair enough. The Z4 might have quite an interesting camera so it should make some waves anyway. I just hope Sony get the software right this time or at least hook it up to the new 5.0 camera features like RAW output so they can't fuck up the IQ with aggressive NR.

Also they don't fuck up the focus issues.

The new Sony SLRs and camcorders have some very impressive focusing software, so hopefully that will make it though to the phone line.

Ah, fair enough. The Z4 might have quite an interesting camera so it should make some waves anyway. I just hope Sony get the software right this time or at least hook it up to the new 5.0 camera features like RAW output so they can't fuck up the IQ with aggressive NR.

Yea maybe then can finally upgrade their Gingerbread esque skin.

Hasney

Yeah, I was gutted it wasn't coming out in the first half of the year since my Galaxy S4 was basically dead. Happy with the N6, but I wouldn't have minded some real competition for my money.

Yea maybe then can finally upgrade their Gingerbread esque skin.

Or, even better, follow up on their promise to release officially supported stock ROMs.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
True. But if we're talking about the most successful Android phone of 2015 by sales numbers, it's going to be the S6. Almost a forgone conclusion sadly.

Anecdotally, a lot of people seem to have bailed on the Galaxy line for a Moto X or One M8 last year. Hope that trend continues or Samsung steps their game up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I really would like an update to Sony's UI. It's booooring

/puts flamesuit on

Mobile UI's in general have gotten boring.

That being said what I need is for things to work well and allow me to access my apps and content that I need without any bugs or hassle.

iOS and Android both do this so I'm not mad.

I didn't know there was a new thread. Don't they put this stuff in OT for a couple of days :p

S6 looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Didn't S5 do terribly as well?

Hasney

I didn't know there was a new thread. Don't they put this stuff in OT for a couple of days :p

S6 looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Didn't S5 do terribly as well?

It sold worse than the S4, but still the best selling Android phone. I think anyone on the galaxy S line isn't looking for the latest and greatest phone every year, so in the climate of 24 month contracts, the S6 will really show if it's a blip or if the Galaxy S line is slipping.

Toki767

So for the first time in my life...I dropped my phone...and it ended up falling through the crack of an elevator...of the 19th floor.

Time to shop for a new phone.

Vanillalite

So for the first time in my life...I dropped my phone...and it ended up falling through the crack of an elevator...of the 19th floor.

Tower-of-Terror-2.jpg

NotBacon

It sold worse than the S4, but still the best selling Android phone. I think anyone on the galaxy S line isn't looking for the latest and greatest phone every year, so in the climate of 24 month contracts, the S6 will really show if it's a blip or if the Galaxy S line is slipping.

I think it's more brand recognition than anything. Most people won't give it a second thought. Just like iPads/iPhones.
"Oh I need a new tablet"
*purchases latest iPad in 10 seconds flat*
No second thought.

In reality, most people see the choice of a new phone as iPhone or Galaxy. That's what's in the commercials and what their friends have so that's what they will continue to buy.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Haha, damn!!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Wow that sucks, it's the one thing I'm always scared of. That, or dropping my phone/camera if I'm at the top of a tower or something.

Wreav

Banned
Sorry, bro, but that's a great story that you'll find humor in later.

I got some looks at the Space Needle last year when I was hanging my iPhone 6 over the rail for some sweet panos.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sorry, bro, but that's a great story that you'll find humor in later.

I got some looks at the Space Needle last year when I was hanging my iPhone 6 over the rail for some sweet panos.

Everytime I take one of these precipitous photos, I imagine myself dropping the phone.

Hasney

So after a full day of use, I will apparently get 27 hours out of a full charge on the Nexus 6 with an hour each of video streaming in Chrome and Google Play Music along with frequent Web browsing. Nothing alarming in the stats either, mostly screen and Chrome. Good job I don't have any of the weird niggles.

Vanillalite

Murders that shit in terms of GPU.

Also I told you all that it wouldn't probably be the Note 4 chipset, and they'd have something new.

PS: 5.0 sucked, but 5.01/.02 has been perfectly fine for me for a while now on my N7. So I'm fine with that on my G3.

Toki767

It's alright guys. I got a brand new G3 for $250. Currently updating it to Lollipop. So all's well that ends well I guess.

Top Bottom