• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

The night before I returned it I remember texting a lot throughout the day and a bit of web browsing and some other smaller stuff and I was at 54% with 1h 14 mins of screen on time. I had it for almost a week and it stayed consistent.

My test device actually had a bit better battery but still all in all average ish. My co worker loves it though. He gets about 3hrs SoT with his usage and he seems very satisfied. I just want a beast battery.

This is with no kind of power saving mode turned on.

The night before I returned it I remember texting a lot throughout the day and a bit of web browsing and some other smaller stuff and I was at 54% with 1h 14 mins of screen on time. I had it for almost a week and it stayed consistent.

My test device actually had a bit better battery but still all in all average ish. My co worker loves it though. He gets about 3hrs SoT with his usage and he seems very satisfied. I just want a beast battery.

This is with no kind of power saving mode turned on.

Agree with sot 100%. If Samsung would have just done 1080p they could have been THE phone. Nope, they had to give something to Apple. VR < Battery

With quick charging/fast charging I can't be plussed to give a shit about SoT.
honestly there are a lot of days where I'm running around so much at work that I can't be stuck to an outlet for for even 15 mins. And that's on top of the added hassle of having to bring that charger to work. I bring enough stuff.

I mean I'm sure it covers a lot of people but it's disappointing. It should be a bonus not a necessity. At least that's what I want.

Enjoy your day out and get the fuck off your phone?

So your solution to make a phone work is not to use it? I used my phone plenty of times to coordinate with my wife when we git split up and it's a great time killer when waiting in long lines.

Invest in a proper camera.
I have a proper camera. That doesn't change the fact that it's still a great communication device to get in contact with other people you're with.

Who in this day and age has not invested in a portable battery charger?

I haven't since I usually don't need it. Plus I'm already carrying a lot of stuff for the kids, a DSLR, and a camcorder. The last thing I need is more weight and more items to carry.

Guys, you know when someone links a YouTube video on mobile you have the option to play it right there? Well, when I play it, there isn't any sound. Anyone can help?

this_guy

I took a GS6 home from work for a few days this week. I really liked using it as my main but I consistently got 2.5 hours of SoT...sometimes a bit less. Bleh. Samsung coulda had it all.

That's Moto X levels of bad. My next phone has to be an upgrade in battery and camera over my Moto X. Let's see how the LG G4 does in reviews. The Huawei P8 is something I'd also consider depending on what Huawei will price it at for the U.S. market.

That Z4 was a japan exclusive. There were rumours that it may be called the Z3+ or some shit elsewhere in the world. We knew the real flagship was coming later.

Anyway a completely redesigned 4.8 inch Z5 compact could be alluring. Will have to see the actual thing though.

thenexus6

I know.. doesn't exactly make you feel good spending significant money on a phone knowing it'll be replaced by a model or two within six months!

Toki767

If ever a flagship series needed a redesign now that Samsung has done one, it would be Sony. Their phones just look so abnormally tall.

If the Z5 compact has a great battery like the Z3 compact did...I'd consider. Possibly. Not without seeing the oneplus2motoxnexus2015 but I'd consider.

What if the Z5C still has 810? Would its battery sell you on it enough?
depends on if it suffers from any issues or or not. Either way I don't care about CPU much, they all perform about the same to me give or take, as long as there's no weird overheating or anything I'll take it. Whether it's the 805, 808, or throttled 810.

Also if it's coming late in the year it could have an 820, never know.

reKon

Banned
If Z5 Compact has a 4.8 inch screen and processor that's not the 810, but even slightly better performance then I'll sell my Z3C and get the 5. I don't want to have a phone with the processor that causes the phone to become hotter than it should.

That 4.8 to 5 range in a compact form is perfect for me.

Also waiting for tablets that have Nvidia's X1 shipset inside to replace my Nexus 7. If that Shield tablet keeps on flirting with that $250 price range, I might say fuck and it go for it.

VoxPop

Decided to just give away my GS6 Edge to my dad and go back to my trusty iPhone 6 since I'm buying an Apple watch anyway. Its a nice phone but I just can't stand Touchwiz and certain things about Android in general. I'll get back on the Android wagon when Android 6 drops probably via a Nexus device or Sony if they're still alive then.

Decided to just give away my GS6 Edge to my dad and go back to my trusty iPhone 6 since I'm buying an Apple watch anyway. Its a nice phone but I just can't stand Touchwiz and certain things about Android in general. I'll get back on the Android wagon when Android 6 drops probably via a Nexus device or Sony if they're still alive then.
At least you tried.

You'll be waiting awhile then.

I thought Touchwiz was toned down significantly. What was still bothering you?

Top Bottom