• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Wreav

Banned
This is...kinda cool actually. Way better than the NFL leather Moto X.

Iron-Man-Galaxy-S6-Edge.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
VqdAyZr.jpg

Samsung has teamed up with Marvel to promote its new handsets and in return the company has created star-studded promos that add to the Avengers: Age of Ultron hype. The company has even released themes based on the Avengers characters for both flagship handsets. A few weeks back we saw artist renditions of Avengers-themed Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge, and while Samsung never confirmed if it would actually turn those renditions into actual devices, the company is at least going to release “Iron Man versions” of the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge.

As most of you already know Iron Man is a major character in the Marvel universe and also happens to be a part of the Avengers. Samsung’s head of marketing for the mobile division Lee Young-hee said that the color of the Iron Man versions will be red, Samsung will decide on other details after discussions with Marvel Studio. “It will be released either at the end of May or early June, he said. Young-hee revealed this after a screening of Avengers: Age of Ultron at a movie theater in Seoul, South Korea. The screening was attended by senior executives from Samsung including the chief of the handset division Shin Jong-kyun.

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/05/04...-s6-and-the-galaxy-s6-edge-coming-next-month/

Schrade

Hey guys. My Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB model had its nvram or emmc or whatever take a dump. I can no longer write to it or read from it so I am going to try and replace the motherboard.

What I don't know is - how does the Google device restore work? Does it backup the entire device or does it only backup Google Play Store apps? The reason I ask is because I have apps from the Amazon App Store and also other sideloaded apps. Would those not have been backed up?

What all gets backed up and restored from Google?

Hasney

Hey guys. My Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB model had its nvram or emmc or whatever take a dump. I can no longer write to it or read from it so I am going to try and replace the motherboard.

What I don't know is - how does the Google device restore work? Does it backup the entire device or does it only backup Google Play Store apps? The reason I ask is because I have apps from the Amazon App Store and also other sideloaded apps. Would those not have been backed up?

What all gets backed up and restored from Google?

Your purchases on either store will be stored with your login. As for all other backups, it backs up what you tell it to. By default, I think that's just photos and a few apps store data in the cloud, but not many at all. I'd assume almost all saves and other app data is gone unless you specifically took steps to back it up.

Hulk green/purple plz

Dammit, that would almost be enough for me to use a Samsung again. If it was any other manufacturer, I'd forgive the SD 810 fo' sheezy and grab one of them.
You wouldn't like me when I overheat

AndyD

aka andydumi
They really need to do more with colors and customization on basic phones, without relying on optional cases or covers.

MNDan

Neo Member
Damn that Marvel phone is sexy! Too bad it's a Samsung - as long as they stick with a physical home button I'll never buy one.

Hasney

As a note 4 owner, I can't believe I'm even typing this: what app can I download to help with my atrocious battery life?

Apparently there's some bugs in the OTA and a factory reset fixes it for a lot of people on XDA and Android Forums. Someone who was not willing to do that rooted and uninstalled as many system apps as he could.

Reckon what's happening here is there's some rogue Samsung apps from KitKat still there and keeping it awake.

Jigolo

Stop. The myth that bigger batteries = better battery life has been proven false countless times in the past and 2 times already this year with the S6, Z3, and iPhone 6 and 6+ having better battery than the M9 and possibly the G4 (while being slimmer). Among other benefits like wireless charging and charging fully in just over an hour for the S6 specifically.

Thinness isn't the issue it's the software and throwing in a big ass battery to solve that problem is just the companies being lazy asses.

Anyway, the S2 tab is sound fantastic. I was going to upgrade to it from my N10 but the lower resolution and the tablet most likely not having USB-C will likely have me wait until next year. BTW does anyone know what would be the step up from 2048 x 1536? I know it's a weird reso because of the 4:3 nature but what would be the next likely reso after that?

Example: we got 720 --> 1080 --> 2440
So 2048 x 1536 --> ??? (probably 2016 s Tab 3)

reKon

Banned
but that's 23% less pixels than the 2014 Tab S, battery life should improve, especially with FinFET

I guess that's a positive. I don't know how I feel about the 4:3 ratio. It was kind of jarring using this Nexus 9 and watching a video on that. For everything else it was a nice experience though.

I hope they don't push the price high because of the premium build if it's really going to be a metal. I also hope that the 7420 exynos is going to be running this.

reKon

Banned
S2 Tab sounds like the exact tablet I have been waiting for. :)

Waiting on Nvidia tablet before I drop money. If the X1 is going to blow the Exynos 7420 out, then I'll go with that the new Shield tablet. If there's not a huge performance difference, I'll stick with the S2 Tab because of likely better build quality and multi window functionality.

Waiting on Nvidia tablet before I drop money. If the X1 is going to blow the Exynos 7420 out, then I'll go with that the new Shield tablet. If there's not a huge performance difference, I'll stick with the S2 Tab because of likely better build quality and multi window functionality.

Is nvidia making a 4:3 tablet?

I'd love one if they don't shit on the battery and camera this time around.
I'll pretty much lose faith in moto if they don't rectify the battery thing because 1) it was the criticism of literally every review/user review 2) they have variants with ten times better batteries inside them for some reason.

The battery life on the 2014 Moto X is very similar to the s6 and its almost half the price.

The screen is not as good and the camera is not even close but saving 300 dollars is a big deal.

<black-masking-thing>I would rather pay the extra 300 dollars</black-masking-thing>

terrier

Apparently there's some bugs in the OTA and a factory reset fixes it for a lot of people on XDA and Android Forums. Someone who was not willing to do that rooted and uninstalled as many system apps as he could.

Reckon what's happening here is there's some rogue Samsung apps from KitKat still there and keeping it awake.

YUp, Lollipop has made my Note's battery life worse. Despite that it is still above average, hopefully the 5.1 update i the distant future will fix this. Lol project volta

Hasney

YUp, Lollipop has made my Note's battery life worse. Despite that it is still above average, hopefully the 5.1 update i the distant future will fix this. Lol project volta

It should be better than KitKat after a factory reset, have you tried one? If it's bugs left over in the OTA process, I doubt a 5.1 OTA would fix it.

terrier

It should be better than KitKat after a factory reset, have you tried one? If it's bugs left over in the OTA process, I doubt a 5.1 OTA would fix it.

I made a clean install. Will try it however. It is kinda weird how samsung has handled lollipop updates. my wife's S4+ lollipop update improved battery life quite a bit, especially when phone was idle, but it had some serious performance issues (maybe memory leak?), it was slow as hell when multitasking. On my note 4 is the opposite, seems faster but battery has been worse.

Hasney

I made a clean install. Will try it however. It is kinda weird how samsung has handled lollipop updates. my wife's S4+ lollipop update improved battery life quite a bit, especially when phone was idle, but it had some serious performance issues (maybe memory leak?), it was slow as hell when multitasking. On my note 4 is the opposite, seems faster but battery has been worse.

Probably the memory leak yeah. Even with CM12 which seems more optimised than vanilla, my S4 was struggling.

Top Bottom