• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Talon

I'd be interested to see both. Aren't the Sony sensors a lot better? Reminds me of Sony's stupid panel lottery but not as obvious.
The 10th or 11th post has a comparison, and it looks like Sony's sensor is a little more detailed but perhaps a bit yellow-hued by comparison to the Samsung sensor.

(shrug)

Phone manufacturing lulz.

RuGalz

That's just silly if the hardware department decided to slap on different sensor without telling the software side to have multiple paths for jpeg engine. Samsung's sensors are pretty good these days even compared to Sony's but have different characteristics.

kinggroin

Banned
Anyone want to guess when Chrome will be fixed again?

And by fixed, I mean, running the way it used to before it was fixed this time.

These page load stutters are killing me

Aticos

What wallpaper are you guys currently using? Bored with my wallpaper and cannot find a good one. Give me some suggestions.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
RIP Kinggroin...

download_20140429_13j8ly4.jpeg

Saiyan-Rox

I actually got the ota immediately... Something is wrong in the world.

I've never actually got a pop up for an OTA usually alwats just sideloaded or factory imaged. Side-loaded the 5.0.2 update on my N9 doesn't see much difference but what difference could there be from an update of 23MB.

Also been tempted to get an xperia Z3 for some odd reason :S

Sch1sm

I've never actually got a pop up for an OTA usually alwats just sideloaded or factory imaged. Side-loaded the 5.0.2 update on my N9 doesn't see much difference but what difference could there be from an update of 23MB.

Also been tempted to get an xperia Z3 for some odd reason :S

How's your battery been treating you lately?

Hasney

My Nexus 6 battery is generally fine right now, but Chrome has overtaken Screen as the main battery drain after the last update. Fuck.

It has 0 bearing on what you're arguing.

You're really taking this too seriously aren't you? I'm saying that it sucks that their coverage isn't good in a lot of areas but they're putting so much effort into getting people to switch to them, but not necessarily improving their network reach. I'm on Verizon and just saying it sucks because if it was different, I'd probably use them.

NotBacon

Both the Nexus 6 and 9 were half-ass attempts to maintain the Nexus line going after they decided to kill it off.

No and Yes.
Nexus 9 is a clusterfuck.
Nexus 6 was a clusterfuck.

on my N6? its been grand i've never actually had it run out of juice.
My Nexus 6 battery is generally fine right now, but Chrome has overtaken Screen as the main battery drain after the last update. Fuck.

Joining the train.
Nexus 6 battery here that lasts all day and then some, with heavy usage.

I'll never understand why Google isn't even trying to optimize Chrome for resource usage. Chrome 44 will be huge for performance gains, but that's not the real issue. The real issue is Chrome using more damn battery than a 1440p screen.

You're really taking this too seriously aren't you? I'm saying that it sucks that their coverage isn't good in a lot of areas but they're putting so much effort into getting people to switch to them, but not necessarily improving their network reach. I'm on Verizon and just saying it sucks because if it was different, I'd probably use them.

The point is they are improving. Do you realize how hard and time consuming it is to improve a network? You're saying they can't market and try to improve at the same time? Both are not mutually exclusive.

The point is they are improving. Do you realize how hard and time consuming it is to improve a network? You're saying they can't market and try to improve at the same time? Both are not mutually exclusive.

I'm just saying it seems like marketing is being put forward first and then coverage second.

Saiyan-Rox

No and Yes.

Joining the train.

I'll never understand why Google isn't even trying to optimize Chrome for resource usage. Chrome 44 will be huge for performance gains, but that's not the real issue. The real issue is Chrome using more damn battery than a 1440p screen.

Chrome isn't that bad for me? or maybe i'm not noticing it. Chrome sync is too valuable to give up to use another browser tbh even though the cyanogen browser (AOSP?) is pretty awesome.

ukas

No and Yes.

Joining the train.

It's not just Chrome. All browsers user around the same amount of battery for me on my N9. I don't use Chrome on my phone enough to notice any hit.

RuGalz

Thats like the main reason to use chrome...

I turn it on to sync my bookmarks and when I actually need to open tab that was opened on the other device. Otherwise, it's off which is 98% of the time. Terms I used for search seems to be part of Google service. Also I just don't feel other browsers buy me much for my usage pattern.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
alleged

three.png

Now, there is speculation about the specs for the third-generation Motorola Moto X. According to a report published today, the new Moto X will use the same 5.2-inch 1440 x 2560 resolution panel that is employed on the DROID Turbo. That means it will have a pixel density of 565ppi. Under the hood, Motorola will employ the hexa-core Snapdragon 808 chipset and 4GB of RAM will be on board. There will be two variants of the phone, one with 32GB of storage and the other with 64GB of memory. A 16MP Clear Pixel camera will be on the back while a 5MP snapper will handle selfies and video chats from the front. Android 5.1.1 is pre-installed.

Top Bottom