• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
why is android so random sometimes? Over the weekend I got great battery life on my Z3 - 3 days without recharging. Turned it off last night and then this morning the bloody bluetooth seems to have kept it awake for hours, draining the battery over 10% in a morning. I should have just left it switched on while it was behaving..

Based Google!

Hasney

Just in time for IO.

I'm sure M won't break anything....

*cough*

Also, just noticed this on the I/O schedule:

Wearables that “we hope will blow your socks off.”

“Our goal: break the tension between the ever-shrinking screen sizes necessary to make electronics wearable and our ability to have rich interactions with them. Why can’t you have both?”

Hoping some new type of watch gets shown during the keynote.

My Oneplus One is now officially doing my head in on a daily basis, the touchscreen on it is awful. I've had resistive screens which have been more responsive. Looking at the OnePlus forms it looks like I'm far from alone.

So, new phone needed, preferably something under £300. Good battery life is a must. I've narrowed down my options to a Galaxy S5 or Honor 6 Plus. Honor 6+ seems better value for money, but will it get the continued software support?

Hasney

My Oneplus One is now officially doing my head in on a daily basis, the touchscreen on it is awful. I've had resistive screens which have been more responsive. Looking at the OnePlus forms it looks like I'm far from alone.

So, new phone needed, preferably something under £300. Good battery life is a must. I've narrowed down my options to a Galaxy S5 or Honor 6 Plus. Honor 6+ seems better value for money, but will it get the continued software support?

Z3 from Amazon Warehouse?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N8N4854/

They're great at dealing with things of they arrive not to your liking so worth a shot

Saiyan-Rox

You don't have a screen protector on or tempered glass do you? from what i've heard this makes the current touchsreen problems worse.

Eanan

Christ the Z2 is hard to root. Cant seem to find a reliable working method. Running 4.4.4 at the moment but want to update to lollipop.

Accoun

I think this is the good thread for it:
My contract soon ends and I don't know what phone to choose at renewal. As a base they're offering me:

- Sony Xperia M2
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 4
- HTC Desire D510
- LG Leon

There's also a higher tier, where there are some a bit less low-budget ones:

- Sony Xperia E4
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- Samsung Galaxy A3 [EDIT: damn!]
- Samsung Grand Prime
- HTC Desire 620
- HTC Desire 820

However, for those I'd have to pay extra. So: are any of the cheaper ones any decent? I'd like to at least have a backup plan because I'd still have to see how much I'll have to pay (depending on the contract) and the cheaper ones I have guaranteed regardless of the plan I'll choose. Of course, I want to know which (our at least if any) of the other ones should I be interested in.

I'll just say I'm mostly using the browser, Gmail, RSS and sometimes YouTube/Twitch if I don't have access top something better. No games or things like that. I don't care about the camera at all, but on the other hand it would be nice if it sounded decent so out could serve as a backup player.

Wreav

Banned
Not going to lie, the Z4v would immediately be on my radar if it has the full global bands for LTE. The flapless chassis is sexy, and Sony has the best OEM Lolli skin by a mile.

kharma45

How long have you had the phone?

Ah well was worth a check.

You could try an RMA but by the time they'll take ages getting back to you

I've opened an RMA, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Like most others on the OP forums it seems that heat exacerbates the problem, so with summer coming it's getting worse and worse. And I'm off to Florida in 3 weeks, it's probably going to be completely unresponsive in that heat. :-/

OP forgot to set up their customer service department.

Yep, too busy marketing themselves to deal with paying customers and their dodgy hardware.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
gsmarena_001.jpg

well, at least it has a great personality

Husker86

Does anyone have a newish Logitech Harmony remote? One with the soft touch back that's almost fuzzy but isn't? Am I crazy for thinking that would be good on a cell phone? I really like it.

Eanan

Finally got TWRP and SuperSU running on Xperia Z2 running lollipop 5.0.2.

Super phone, much prefer it to my old OnePlus.

ILoveBish

Got my official Note 4 case here, glass screen protector, and tracking # for my note 4, will be here friday. Im thinking of getting a UHS-3 64 gig to go with it, my sandisk 64 gig class 10 has been a very hard worker and served me well, but i've had it since it first came out and its likely slow as hell from all the work done on it.

tmac456

my contract with AT&T ends next month and i'll finally be free of this stupid galaxy s4. have had nothing but problems with it. the major one being the wifi stopped working one month after the warranty was up and AT&T would do nothing for me. so after multiple months of data overage fees, if AT&T doesn't reimburse me at all, i'm off to Verizon or Sprint.

question is, what do i do phone wise....? keep reading in here that it's a skip year...

my contract with AT&T ends next month and i'll finally be free of this stupid galaxy s4. have had nothing but problems with it. the major one being the wifi stopped working one month after the warranty was up and AT&T would do nothing for me. so after multiple months of data overage fees, if AT&T doesn't reimburse me at all, i'm off to Verizon or Sprint.

question is, what do i do phone wise....? keep reading in here that it's a skip year...

You should just do Cricket. Same towers you have now but much cheaper and no overages. All carriers are bad and wouldn't reimburse you for that. Verizon and sprint have much larger flaws than ATT/Cricket being that they are CDMA networks.

IMO go for the new Sony Z4, LG G4 (big phone), or wait for the Moto X 2015. The s6 is an awesome phone but has the same battery life as your s4. If you want to wait a bit but need a phone now Cricket has the Moto E for 80 bucks.

I can't wait until my contract expires. I'm done overpaying for two-year contracts since I usually buy a lot of phones off-contract on eBay nowadays. Hopefully when it finally expires in April Google will have rolled out Project Fi to a larger audience.

Saiyan-Rox

Ew

ANYWAY, the new Moto 360 has passed through Bluetooth SIT and last time it did that, it was only days away from being announced. I/O starting is also the same day as my pay day, so I may just throw money at my screen.

The chances of it going on sale straight after I/O is high in the US. In the Uk though I bet we'll be waiting ages.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I can't wait to get a first gen Moto 360. Finally. I almost succumbed to buying a Moto 270 when the price dropped.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think this is the good thread for it:
My contract soon ends and I don't know what phone to choose at renewal. As a base they're offering me:

- Sony Xperia M2
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 4
- HTC Desire D510
- LG Leon

There's also a higher tier, where there are some a bit less low-budget ones:

- Sony Xperia E4
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
- Samsung Galaxy A3 [EDIT: damn!]
- Samsung Grand Prime
- HTC Desire 620
- HTC Desire 820

However, for those I'd have to pay extra. So: are any of the cheaper ones any decent? I'd like to at least have a backup plan because I'd still have to see how much I'll have to pay (depending on the contract) and the cheaper ones I have guaranteed regardless of the plan I'll choose. Of course, I want to know which (our at least if any) of the other ones should I be interested in.

I'll just say I'm mostly using the browser, Gmail, RSS and sometimes YouTube/Twitch if I don't have access top something better. No games or things like that. I don't care about the camera at all, but on the other hand it would be nice if it sounded decent so out could serve as a backup player.

The M2 is a surprisingly good little phone. My wife has one and it looks similar to my Z3. Lower res screen but you'll get that at the lower price points. Seems to perform well enough for general web usage etc.

Z3 compact is a cracker if you can justify the extra

mrklaw

MrArseFace
are there any receipt scanning apps that will upload to dropbox/onedrive? Have been using camscanner but that only seems to have its own cloud space which I don't want to deal with

Top Bottom