• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Eanan

Is the one plus worth it? It's somewhat cheap on eBay

Wouldnt say its as good value as it was last summer. Its specs are pretty standard now in high end phones and it doesnt stand out as much anymore.

I got one last june of 2014 and sold it for a €30 profit last week. Shows what hype does for phone value.

The value phone nowadays is the Elephone P7000 in my opinion. I ordered one there in the presale (every wednesday) for about €150 delivered.

Heres its specs:

2f4twWY.png

It runs CM Lollipop also and its rear camera is a Sony sensor.

Anyone use hangouts on iPhone? My sister bought an iPhone recently and its like she rarely gets the hangouts notifications now. Is this common? Its not a missed notification setting.

Wreav

Banned
Anyone use hangouts on iPhone? My sister bought an iPhone recently and its like she rarely gets the hangouts notifications now. Is this common? Its not a missed notification setting.

Sometimes they seem to silence themselves if someone is spamming you. Other than that, no complaints.

Wouldnt say its as good value as it was last summer. Its specs are pretty standard now in high end phones and it doesnt stand out as much anymore.

I got one last june of 2014 and sold it for a €30 profit last week. Shows what hype does for phone value.

The value phone nowadays is the Elephone P7000 in my opinion. I ordered one there in the presale (every wednesday) for about €150 delivered.

Heres its specs:

2f4twWY.png

I'm weary of the mtk. Bad experiences. And no aws. But a great suggestion.

Husker86

I do. The only issue I have is the notification bubble not going away after I checked a message sometimes. Otherwise it seems to work just fine.

Saiyan-Rox

Heres its specs:

2f4twWY.png

Damn for the price that's pretty good! Fingerprint scanner swell

So are these watches worth it or not? A little part of me kinda wants one, but I can't imagine I'll get much use for it beyond notifications. Maybe the occasional voice to text response.

Toki767

So are these watches worth it or not? A little part of me kinda wants one, but I can't imagine I'll get much use for it beyond notifications. Maybe the occasional voice to text response.

Wait for I/O to see what the second gen watches do to decide.

They seem a bit pointless though.

Eanan

At the moment they're a novelty IMO. And an expensive one at that.

A xiaomi smartband for $15 does a lot of the things these do just as good if not better such as step/sleep tracking, vibration for notifications, LED notifications and its battery life is like 2 months per charge.

j-wood

Sometimes it sucks just how popular Apple has become and how synonmous they are with smartphones.

I was out with some friends last night, had my moto 360 on (black steel one). A friday goes "Oh you got an apple watch!"

I said actually, I have a moto 360 that's been out for about a year now.

j-wood

And nobody cared.

Yep, response was "Oh"

The point of my post was really a comment on just how Google really needs to step up their Marketing if they REALLY want dominance in these things I think. But because so many manufacterers are in play I guess as opposed to just one with Apple, it's not entirely Google's fault. Just the world they've created.

zewone

Heres its specs:

2f4twWY.png

Are you going to get LTE?

How can I know I'd get LTE here in USA? AT&T.

Toki767

Don't think it was mentioned here, but apparently later this year all AT&T wireless customers will get a free subscription to Hulu.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yep, response was "Oh"

The point of my post was really a comment on just how Google really needs to step up their Marketing if they REALLY want dominance in these things I think. But because so many manufacterers are in play I guess as opposed to just one with Apple, it's not entirely Google's fault. Just the world they've created.

The frustrating thing is, the guy was interested at first, then when they found out it is basically the same thing, that does the same stuff, only by someone else, they didn't give a shit.

People don't care that the apple watch is a watch, just that it is something new and shiny from Apple.

Personally I like my G watch R. Definitely only a gadgety curiosity, but it is handy to receive texts and reply quickly by voice, controlling music playback while driving, along with general notifications. It also makes me more accepting of larger screen ohones because they can go in my bag if necessary.

RuGalz

Yea that comment is gold. LOL

I wonder if Samsung will take the opportunity to start licensing out their processor now that everyone is burnt by Qualcomm.

Hasney

I wonder if Samsung will take the opportunity to start licensing out their processor now that everyone is burnt by Qualcomm.

Probably not. They claimed that they couldn't make enough and now, Qualcomm will be using their fabs for the 820 onwards.

Toki767

They don't even give out the good AMOLED screens.

If anything I think if they do it, they'd give everyone this year's chips next year and keep the newer chips for themselves.

RuGalz

Probably not. They claimed that they couldn't make enough and now, Qualcomm will be using their fabs for the 820 onwards.

I find it a bit peculiar that their fab can't keep up even though their sales have been going down over the last few years. I guess it's possible the free'd up capacity is now used up by Apple...

Wreav

Banned
The worst part of all of this is the Z4 is going to be gimped this year. Even SONY DA GODS can't pull this one out of the fire.

Top Bottom