• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Saiyan-Rox

If they did a Hulk Note 5 that looked like the fan renders, I'd be right behind you.

If this actually looks like the fan render, it will be the best looking phone out there anyway.

oh was that image a while back a fan render? shit the real thing never look as good (usually)

Upleaks posted a render of the "Sony Lavendar":

CFC9idYVEAAE_L3.png

manfestival

While I love my performance and general experience with my Galaxy s6. I am definitely keeping jump on my phone for 1 reason. That is the battery life. I can see this thing being terrible after 1 year.

Saiyan-Rox

Wonder if Google will have a proper Beta release for Android M? Since the amount of issues Lollipop had they could do it to make sure public release was good (enough)

Accoun

Looks like Google has stopped allowing you to playback videos in the background on the YouTube app. Guess you were never supposed to be able to do it with normal content and just with music but still *sigh*

With the official app? I thought you weren't able to at all?

Accoun

If you had a YouTube music key you could. But I guess it was supposed to be for music only cause the latest app update stopped it from working on normal videos :(

Ah, OK. I read it wrong and thought there was some workaround. Totally forgot about this Music Key thing.

Saiyan-Rox

Ended up jumping in on the Android Wear game early. I got an LG G Watch since AT&T has had them on and off on sale for $50.

The G watch is a nice little device tbh and a complete steal for that price

Ah, OK. I read it wrong and thought there was some workaround. Totally forgot about this Music Key thing.

Yeah it's a piss take that it can do it but Google won't let you. they even changed the ToS to stop other apps from playing in the background too :/

Accoun

they even changed the ToS to stop other apps from playing in the background too :/

Wonder if there will be non-GP apps for that. Although they would probably just force F-droid or whatever other repo to remove it? Maybe they wouldn't care as much?

Saiyan-Rox

Wonder if there will be non-GP apps for that. Although they would probably just force F-droid or whatever other repo to remove it? Maybe they wouldn't care as much?

You probably can but i've not heard of any as of yet :(

Goddamit, I just noticed that last night. Makes no goddamn sense, and is a pain in the arse.

Tell me about it. i;ve gotten so used to falling asleep with things playing in the background and now Google do this to me:(

Only major complaint about the normal G Watch that I've seen is that it uses an IPS LCD screen rather than the P-OLED on the G Watch R and Urbane.

Oh actually good point the screen was a bit of a bitch outside

Toki767

I swear the S6 stock browser might be the greatest browser I've ever used on a mobile platform. It is incredibly smooth and everything loads ridiculously quick.

Eanan

I swear the S6 stock browser might be the greatest browser I've ever used on a mobile platform. It is incredibly smooth and everything loads ridiculously quick.

Wait, theres people who actually use a browser other than Chrome for android?

Husker86

Hmmm, I never knew that.

What alternatives could you recommend?

Can they pull my bookmarks in also from chrome?
OEM browsers are the only non-chrome browsers I can stand. And as far as that goes, I've only used Samsung's recently. The S6 browser is very good, and benchmarks back up what I'm experiencing. As far as ones you can get on the Play Store, I never liked any of them.

Just switched back to Chrome again to try it out, it's better than it was, but there are little micro-stutters when scrolling fast. S6 browser is as smooth as Safari on iOS.

Rand6

Hi guys, I need your help.
What is the recommended charging time for the first charge of a lithium ion battery for a new smartphone?
Should I do something before turning it on?

Hasney

Hi guys, I need your help.
What is the recommended charging time for the first charge of a lithium ion battery for a new smartphone?
Should I do something before turning it on?

Don't worry about it. Modern batteries don't really need a pre-charge or anything like that.

Top Bottom