• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Saiyan-Rox

Finally got xposed and gravitybox back since it's working on the N6 now \o/

Who needs custom ROMs lol

EDIT: Also see Google re-activated background playback on the youtube app for videos :D there's an xposed module to force it to work too.

Accoun

Bumping my question, because I only have a few hours left.

I'm kinda conflicted. I went to my carrier and talked to the salesman about contract renewal. The phones he offered were different than what I've been told on the phone: Sony Xperia T3, LG G3S and some Samsung phone I sadly don't remember. Xperia looked like it was the best from those. For reasons beyond my control, we couldn't complete the transaction and we'll be trying again at Monday.

And here's the thing - my carrier apparently locks the bootloader for Sony phones.

Not sure what to do: take it and live with it or look at the phones offered to me again? I might ask about the HTC Desire 620 (on the other hand I've been told by a friend of mine that he "avoids them like plague" and another one agreed, although without any specifics so I dunno what to think of it) they have offered me during the phone call, but they moved to a shitty system where the phone has to be paid fully as a part of your monthly payments (previously you paid a part of it upfront), so I don't know if it would change the price. :-/

Dead

well not really...yet
The dell venue 8 7000 has finally been updated to lollipop, and it is probably the smoothest lollipop experience I've played with across any android device.

Accoun

I'd look at the phone offered again and then come back, sense you're looking at midrange I'd say avoid Samsung though. Do you know if the boot loader is locked on any of the other phones?

Supposedly it's generally the Chinese manufacturers and Motorola as well.

Hasney

Do you not need a music key subscription to make this work officially?

Yeah, but it's a pain in the arse. I have to be signed in with the Google+ profile, not my YouTube profile, even though they're both associated with the email that subscribes to Google Music.

Hasney

on mobile? I never had to be signed in to G+ for the the background functionality.

Yeah on mobile. I don't need to be signed into the actual G+ app, but when Google tried (and failed) to force everyone that had G+ to use their G+ name on YouTube, it gave me 2 separate profiles, one with my real name and one with my YouTube name. I have to be using the former to get it to work, the latter doesn't have the settings.

Sch1sm

Yeah on mobile. I don't need to be signed into the actual G+ app, but when Google tried (and failed) to force everyone that had G+ to use their G+ name on YouTube, it gave me 2 separate profiles, one with my real name and one with my YouTube name. I have to be using the former to get it to work, the latter doesn't have the settings.

Can't you disconnect your G+ from your channel?

Saiyan-Rox

You guys know if you can get an official metal strap for the Moto 360 in the UK?

I don't want to risk buying a third party one and having it crack the watch.

Yeah, The OPO feels like a premium device at $350. I'm sure the 2 will be better, hopefully with none of the early issues of the OPO. Rumors point to a snapdragon 810(I guess could be changed to a 808), 3gb ram, and a 2k screen. A big question mark will also be how oxygen os performs on it, but I'm sure it will get cyanogen nightlies anyway.

Xiaomi finally opened a bit of their store to NA. Only selling 4 things I think. Can only buy on certain dates. Really low prices (other than those headphones).

http://www.mi.com/en/store/

Toki767

I'm not convinced that the Snapdragon 400 is really powerful enough to be running Android Wear. There are moments when it completely lags or just isn't smooth at all.

I wonder if they'll move up to the Snapdragon 600 or even 800 for 2nd gen Wear devices.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
US Zenfone 2 announced, available tomorrow unlocked

1431971078246852.jpg

You just described every Sony phone

well sony doesn't use atom which is the most offensive part

Also sony's skin sucks but I wouldn't say it's GARBAGE. Like Asus has the bloatiest ugliest shit I done seeeeeen in a while.

With that said, Sony phones are pretty questionable :p

Saiyan-Rox

Just using the N9 and again it closed things playing in the background while I was using Chrome.

Seriously contemplating keeping that N7 I got and selling the N9 instead :/ But the speakers on the N9 and holding the N9 in general is just great

Toki767

Already rumors of what the next Apple Watch hardware will include.

I don't even feel sorry for people who bought an Apple Watch on the basis that it's Apple and they should've known better than to buy a gen 1 Apple device.

well sony doesn't use atom which is the most offensive part

Also sony's skin sucks but I wouldn't say it's GARBAGE. Like Asus has the bloatiest ugliest shit I done seeeeeen in a while.

With that said, Sony phones are pretty questionable :p

Battery also seems subpar. Only reason anyone should consider this is because its 300 bucks unlocked.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Intel atom = hope you don't like updates
shitty ass garbage skin
huge bezels and ugly overall design

I'm not sure I'd pay 299 for that TBH.

The $199 version is much more appealing.

It's similar you just get a slightly lower clocked cpu and 2 vs 4 gigs of ram. They are basically the same phone though in terms of design, screen, camera, skin, same chipset outside of the clock speed ect...

Need to see reviews, but I'm struggling to see how this isn't the best lower cost phone on the market in the US. 2 gigs vs 1 gig for most phones at that price range, and I have a feeling the intel processor is gonna be better.

Jigolo

Very nice phone. 64 S6 to compare is $819.99 at best buy. I know the S6 has a better screen, SoC, camera, and better materials but I'm sure all these combine don't add up to the $520 difference between these two phones.

Hell, if ASUS has had this mindset from the start they could've made the same device with slightly better opticals, SD810 (or 808), and better materials and I'm sure the price would've been somewhere between $400-500 which would've made the phone absolutely killer and it'll still be $300ish cheaper than a comparable S6. With that being said, I have to hand it to ASUS, I'm impressed with the Zenphone 2.

It's like One+ and ASUS are the only manufacturers that know how to price their phones right. Google used to with the N4 and N5 but disappointingly so the N6 was above many people's price range expecting something similar to it's older brothers (and the sales data shows). Here's hoping Google can return to form with this years Nexus.

The $199 version is much more appealing.

It's similar you just get a slightly lower clocked cpu and 2 vs 4 gigs of ram. They are basically the same phone though in terms of design, screen, camera, skin, same chipset outside of the clock speed ect...

Need to see reviews, but I'm struggling to see how this isn't the best lower cost phone on the market in the US. 2 gigs vs 1 gig for most phones at that price range, and I have a feeling the intel processor is gonna be better.

and 16GB storage instead of 64GB

Honestly the thing that takes it out of consideration is really just the atom. The rest you can live with for that phone as an inbetween phone while you wait for an upgrade or something.

Sony Lavendar specs. Another selfie phone! Two 13 megapixel cameras:

Another selfie-focused phone

E55 Series

Specification

MediaTek MT6752 64Bit 1.7GHz Octa-Core
2GB RAM
FHD Display(Display size unknown but bigger than Xperia C4)
Front/Main Camera 13MP(Sony IMX214)
Support Dual SIM(some models)
Android 5.0
Super-narrow bezel

Sony doesn't learn. I know this isn't their flagship phone but it's these random models that need to get killed off for good.

Top Bottom