• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I almost pulled the trigger on a Galaxy S6 but ran into a problem of trying to order it online. I'm currently on AT&T and I'm grandfathered with an unlimited data plan and a 200 sms plan which is only $5. My problem is I want to keep these but trying to order online has been problematic.

Amazon - Ordering here let's me keep my data plan, but the options for text were either no plan or unlimited text. So it sounds like I would lose my $5 200 text plan.

AT&T - Ordering here looks like I can select my unlimited data and 200 text plan, but when I go to the final list of everything, it crosses out the $5 and then shows $10 instead. So my 200 message text plan doubles in price suddenly.

Best Buy - It doesn't show me anything about plan selection or what I'm going to get so I have no idea if I'm keeping my plan or if I'm changing anything.

Does anyone know what's the best way to keep my plan? When my wife upgraded her iPhone at the Apple store it was painless. I also have to order online since that's the only way to get the 128 gig S6. Any ideas?

I almost pulled the trigger on a Galaxy S6 but ran into a problem of trying to order it online. I'm currently on AT&T and I'm grandfathered with an unlimited data plan and a 200 sms plan which is only $5. My problem is I want to keep these but trying to order online has been problematic.

Amazon - Ordering here let's me keep my data plan, but the options for text were either no plan or unlimited text. So it sounds like I would lose my $5 200 text plan.

AT&T - Ordering here looks like I can select my unlimited data and 200 text plan, but when I go to the final list of everything, it crosses out the $5 and then shows $10 instead. So my 200 message text plan doubles in price suddenly.

Best Buy - It doesn't show me anything about plan selection or what I'm going to get so I have no idea if I'm keeping my plan or if I'm changing anything.

Does anyone know what's the best way to keep my plan? When my wife upgraded her iPhone at the Apple store it was painless. I also have to order online since that's the only way to get the 128 gig S6. Any ideas?

You can try a store and see if they can ship it to you? Or buy it full retail.

I love my z3v, but after a couple of weeks of novelty I don't know what else to do with it.

And I got this phone via Verizon Edge... Verizon better not lost the phone I sent back

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

buy it unlocked

Get someone to text you and stick it up your butt.

But really, what do you mean you're out of things to do with it?

It was fun in the beginning to install apps and play with different customization. And after a while I don't. know what else of r different things I can try, generally speaking.

And my but is sacred!!

I'm gone from this thread during the day so I can't remember if the mention of a 5.2 LG nexus in addition to a 5.7 huawei nexus was posted. This is from a week ago, from artem of android police:

We've seen reports of a possible Huawei Nexus phone before, and the day before this new article here came out (http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/05/0...ungs-5-7-inch-2k-screen-according-to-analyst/), one of our good sources reached out to say there is indeed a Huawei Nexus planned, in 5.7" size.

Now with today's report, I am more confident in that rumor.

What's more interesting, the source also mentioned a second Nexus phone this year - an LG, with a planned 5.2" screen size. If Google indeed rolls with both, it'd be the first time two Nexus phones came out in the same year - a strategy that makes a whole lot of sense to me as not everyone is into behemoths like a Nexus 6.

I'll be pretty shocked if this ends up happening only because too good to be true is the premise of all nexus rumours, but it would be mighty fine to have a choice.

I'm gone from this thread during the day so I can't remember if the mention of a 5.2 LG nexus in addition to a 5.7 huawei nexus was posted. This is from a week ago, from artem of android police:

I'll be pretty shocked if this ends up happening only because too good to be true is the premise of all nexus rumours, but it would be mighty fine to have a choice.
This would be great, but yeah, it does sound too good to be true. Who knows. I wish the larger one retained the size of the N6, but I guess the difference isn't too much. Hopefully Google keeps the front facing speakers for both, if true.

Hasney

GUYS GUYS GUYS

I ordered a nexus 6 tough case form Google and they sent me a Nexus 7 brand new in white xD

The Nexus 7 they allegedly don't even stock anymore? That's awesome.

Have a look at device info just in case it's some new model they're stocking after I/O (huge longshot).

Saiyan-Rox

The Nexus 7 they allegedly don't even stock anymore? That's awesome.

Have a look at device info just in case it's some new model they're stocking after I/O (huge longshot).

The battery is completely dead so just charging it.

EDIT: it's a bog standard Nexus 7 it even has Jellybean still on it

BiLryaJ.jpg

One of these things is not like the other....

EDIT: Damn I forgot how awful Jellybean was lol Might just sell this tab, I don't need it.

Pachimari

My carrier don't have that option unfortunately.

And I am on LG G3.

I seriously need some kind of blocking app immediately. She won't stop texting me about her and her new boyfriend will come here in the morning etc. I just want to put a plug in all of that and move on myself. :(

Looks like the one plus 2 will be unveiled May 28th. Can't say I'm in a big hurry to upgrade my OPO, but if it is under $400 and I can sell my OPO for $275-$300 I might bite.

Looks like the one plus 2 will be unveiled May 28th. Can't say I'm in a big hurry to upgrade my OPO, but if it is under $400 and I can sell my OPO for $275-$300 I might bite.

I'm actually pretty excited to the OP2. The rumours all sound very good. Interested to see their take on premium for less.

I wonder if they go back to the cheap prices or stay with the premium prices.

Saiyan-Rox

no transparent navigation/status bar on the N7 2013 with Lollipop? bit disappointing tbh

How much you think one of these brand new would fetch? (in £) I want my case Google xD

Husker86

no transparent navigation/status bar on the N7 2013 with Lollipop? bit disappointing tbh

How much you think one of these brand new would fetch? (in £) I want my case Google xD

Did you install the Google Now Launcher? I have transparent nav/status with that. It's just that the Google Now launcher is not the default on the Nexus 7 2013 like it is on the Nexus 5.

Saiyan-Rox

Did you install the Google Now Launcher? I have transparent nav/status with that. It's just that the Google Now launcher is not the default on the Nexus 7 2013 like it is on the Nexus 5.

oh shit good call I didn't notice it was the AOSP Launcher. I didn't login to the tablet with my Google account. still unsure what to do with it since I have a Nexus 9.

Would anyone be able to offer me suggestions?

I'm looking for a cheap Android device which I can use for development purposes. I have ~$200CAD set aside which I'm willing to spend to get something maybe mid range? I'm planning on using it to make apps and some small non-intensive games. Right now I'm leaning towards the Moto G... would that be a good device for what I want to do? I haven't followed the Android scene all that much so I honestly have no idea about whats available device wise that's within my budget

Toki767

Would anyone be able to offer me suggestions?

I'm looking for a cheap Android device which I can use for development purposes. I have ~$200CAD set aside which I'm willing to spend to get something maybe mid range? I'm planning on using it to make apps and some small non-intensive games.
Get a G2

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
oh shit good call I didn't notice it was the AOSP Launcher. I didn't login to the tablet with my Google account. still unsure what to do with it since I have a Nexus 9.
Just sell it or give it away to someone here in the OT.

Drifters

Marty, if you're ordering online ATT care will put you on your old plan once you register the phone. Word of advice, go to an ATT store and have them call the CSRs to fix you up. I bought my M8 for a penny on Amazon and I kept my grandfathered data/msg and voice plan.

Marty, if you're ordering online ATT care will put you on your old plan once you register the phone. Word of advice, go to an ATT store and have them call the CSRs to fix you up. I bought my M8 for a penny on Amazon and I kept my grandfathered data/msg and voice plan.

Oh cool. What did you select when you were filling out the options on Amazon? I'm just curious if there's specific things to select to make it easier. So the phone doesn't come activated when you order from Amazon? Sorry for the questions since I've never really done this before. My first two smart phones were iPhones so it was easy doing it at the Apple Store and then my last phone was a HTC One M7, but I got the developer edition and just popped my sim card in so it was painless. I've never had to deal with carrier stuff before.

Accoun

I'm kinda conflicted. I went to my carrier and talked to the salesman about contract renewal. The phones he offered were different than what I've been told on the phone: Sony Xperia T3, LG G3S and some Samsung phone I sadly don't remember. Xperia looked like it was the best from those. For reasons beyond my control, we couldn't complete the transaction and we'll be trying again at Monday.

And here's the thing - my carrier apparently locks the bootloader for Sony phones.

Not sure what to do: take it and live with it or look at the phones offered to me again? I might ask about the HTC Desire 620 (on the other hand I've been told by a friend of mine that he "avoids them like plague" and another one agreed, although without any specifics so I dunno what to think of it) they have offered me during the phone call, but they moved to a shitty system where the phone has to be paid fully as a part of your monthly payments (previously you paid a part of it upfront), so I don't know if it would change the price. :-/

I'm actually pretty excited to the OP2. The rumours all sound very good. Interested to see their take on premium for less.

Yeah, The OPO feels like a premium device at $350. I'm sure the 2 will be better, hopefully with none of the early issues of the OPO. Rumors point to a snapdragon 810(I guess could be changed to a 808), 3gb ram, and a 2k screen. A big question mark will also be how oxygen os performs on it, but I'm sure it will get cyanogen nightlies anyway.

Yeah, The OPO feels like a premium device at $350. I'm sure the 2 will be better, hopefully with none of the early issues of the OPO. Rumors point to a snapdragon 810(I guess could be changed to a 808), 3gb ram, and a 2k screen. A big question mark will also be how oxygen os performs on it, but I'm sure it will get cyanogen nightlies anyway.

and metal somewhere in the build, and a fingerprint sensor.

Oxygen seems to perform pretty well already doesn't it.

Top Bottom