• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

JoeFu

Banned
Eh, I'd still have an OPO over a G4 with that battery life. It just kills it from the reviews I've seen.

The phones gonna be $649 when it comes out apparently.

I dunno. I know the OPO supposed to have good battery life, but the stuff I hear about the support kinda scares me. It's no longer cyanogen mod right? Someone talk me into keeping the OPO. How's the camera? Substantially better than the N5?

I dunno. I know the OPO supposed to have good battery life, but the stuff I heat about the support. It's no longer cyanogen mod right? Someone talk me into keeping the OPO. How's the camera? Substantially better than the N5?

As long as you realize you will get 0 customer support for it and ok with that go for it.

Yeah that's the thing about the OPO. It's a gamble. If you get a good phone then it was a bargain. If you got one with an issue you were straight fucked.

Saiyan-Rox

Macadamia Nut Cookie xD

Man I'm annoyed I'll not be able to watch I/O !I've and have to catch up later on. Rather not read spoilers and watch it myself.

Jigolo

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...e-with-an-update-guarantee-for-nexus-devices/

Called it. Last N10 update would be 5.1(.1,.2,.3). Truly an amazing tablet that I'm so glad I bought instead of an iPad. Great screen, battery life, and only got faster and better with each update. My original plan was Android phone + iPad but all iOS updates are trash. One you update to the next number the device slows to a crawl with hiccups all over the place. The only hardware that's good enough for the next iOS update is the one it releases with which is complete bs.

Please refine the Nexus 9 a bit and I'll be there day 1 this fall.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...e-with-an-update-guarantee-for-nexus-devices/

Called it. Last N10 update would be 5.1(.1,.2,.3). Truly an amazing tablet that I'm so glad I bought instead of an iPad. Great screen, battery life, and only got faster and better with each update. My original plan was Android phone + iPad but all iOS updates are trash. One you update to the next number the device slows to a crawl with hiccups all over the place. The only hardware that's good enough for the next iOS update is the one it releases with which is complete bs.

Nooooo bboy aj am cry

N10 is the best Android tablet to this day. It is a workhorse and kept on trucking for years. Great purchase. But it still reboots randomly all the time :(

Jigolo

Nooooo bboy aj am cry

N10 is the best Android tablet to this day. It is a workhorse and kept on trucking for years. Great purchase. But it still reboots randomly all the time :(

My launch unit did that then I got a brand new one before my warranty finished sometime summer 2013 and it never happened since.

Curious, what would be the cheapest and best way of testing 4G speeds and coverage for T-mobile? Or would I have to get some sort of plan to do that? Buy a cheap 4G burner phone with the service provider and try it out? I know there are coverage maps, but yeah...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/05...nexus-devices/

2 years sounds like very little time for tablets. For phones it doesn't matter I guess since people usually upgrade in 2 years but not getting any more OS updates on a tablet after 2 years? lol. Unless I'm reading this wrong.

Threw my SIM into the iPhone 6 today for giggles.

Holy poop, the S6 camera just craps all over Apple. I had forgotten just how much, though.

Seriously, though, the S6 is just in a league of its own here.

speaking of cameras

wmFTGVU.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
2 years sounds like very little time for tablets. For phones it doesn't matter I guess since people usually upgrade in 2 years but not getting any more OS updates on a tablet after 2 years? lol. Unless I'm reading this wrong.
No, you are right. It's ridiculous.

2 years? that's pretty high for Android tablets. most are just sent to die after a year.

I'm definitely upgrading this year, but it's going to be either the Note 5 or the iPhone 6S+. Surprise me, Samsung. You can start by putting SD card support back in.

reKon

Banned
As a current Kit-Kat user, I still don't know about Lollipop. Is it that bad?

On my Xperia Z3 Compact, it's smoother than Kitkat and battery life similar. On my Nexus 7 (2013), it's smoother and it seems that battery life is a bit worse.... it's really hard to tell though..

MBKHD makes a point to say standby time is fantastic for him. Went from 100 to 98 in one night. GSMarena makes a point of saying:

The Endurance rating worked out to 54 hours, 9 hours less than the G3. The issue was with the high standby power draw, which puts a strain on the battery even when you're not using the phone.

The answer is...that's android for you. Even 1 single app could make the world of different for two people using the same phone. It's some bs.

clav

MBKHD makes a point to say standby time is fantastic for him. Went from 100 to 98 in one night. GSMarena makes a point of saying:

The answer is...that's android for you. Even 1 single app could make the world of different for two people using the same phone. It's some bs.

Or finding a signal from a cell tower.

He should. It was a good phone.

I thought everyone said the phone was disappointing in terms of performance and specs. Display had a higher resolution than the hardware could support.

clav

I'm assuming both reviewers are smart enough to point out if they live in a place with a bad signal. So I don't think that's the discrepancy here.

I don't assume that since many people don't review LTE band signal ratings and phone call quality.

I guess that would be too technical for a tech review.

It has problems. Every phone does. It was still good.

Do you think upgrading to a LG G2 in 2015 is a good idea or bad idea?

As a current Kit-Kat user, I still don't know about Lollipop. Is it that bad?

Battery life sucks, but 5.1 isn't that bad on my OPO. I guess if you care about pretty animations it is better than KitKat, but I notice no performance improvements. I'm ready to get this lollipop stink off my phone so hopefully M is out soon and fixes most of the dumb decisions they made in Lollipop.

clav

Battery life sucks, but 5.1 isn't that bad on my OPO. I guess if you care about pretty animations it is better than KitKat, but I notice no performance improvements. I'm ready to get this lollipop stink off my phone so hopefully M is out soon and fixes most of the dumb decisions they made in Lollipop.

What are those decisions?

The worst part about this is that android does not pinpoint to which app it does.

Or stop the app doing it.

Rogue app sounds malware-esque to me. How can you let an app take over your OS features and ruin the experience on someones phone due to bad code?

Top Bottom