• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

longdi

Banned
In Sept/Oct, Apple will have a 6S+ with 2GB ram, 14nm Finfet, new camera tech, improved screen/bezel ratio, awesome battery life, game over!

Toki767

I'm convinced that Apple will probably put an even smaller battery in the iPhone the moment they make efficiency gains with a smaller chip. All in the name of thinness.

Blackhead

Redarse
Why anyone would spend so much time creating free content for a for profit site is beyond me. Even Andrex realizes it was dumb. That's why he rarely posts now.

I feel that both E3 and Google I/O are going to be big disappointments.

This will just continue the year of failure.

Pick the IO |OT| tag
e.g.

'M' for Master race?

'M' for I've made a big Mistake?

No one cares?

longdi

Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RC-h4yWkAQ

Performs like my Z2.

Dont understand the choice to lose battery for a few mm thickness. Only 60% of Z3 standby life now. :(

Btw while LG makes a meal out of their quantum IPS, Sony has been using wide color LED since Z1. Love the color reproduction of Z2. I hope Z3+ screen returns to form after Z3 horrible blue bias calibration.

Toki767

I'm on AT&T and yeah, my cell signal quality is noticeably less than I was getting on the G3. I know the bars aren't an actual indication of signal strength but going from 4 bars on the G3 to 1-2 bars on the S6 is weird.

Its normal. Plastic is better for reception than metal.

I'm on AT&T and yeah, my cell signal quality is noticeably less than I was getting on the G3. I know the bars aren't an actual indication of signal strength but going from 4 bars on the G3 to 1-2 bars on the S6 is weird.

i told y'all about that. premium reception > *

some people just want a trophy.

Dat Nexus 6 5.1.1 T-Mo factory image though.

Firing up my terminal in 3...2...

Finally 5.1 for my Moto X....

finally, 5.0.2 for my Tab S 8.4
Meanwhile....
mZpipEX.png

ARGHHHHHHHH!

I've been thinking about the S7 (because of my upgrade year next year) and I wonder if Samsung will stick to using their own shit or if they will use the snapdragon 820. 820 is supposed to be pretty beast, and samsung will be manufacturing it themselves so I wouldn't complain. But I do wonder.

clav

I've been thinking about the S7 (because of my upgrade year next year) and I wonder if Samsung will stick to using their own shit or if they will use the snapdragon 820. 820 is supposed to be pretty beast, and samsung will be manufacturing it themselves so I wouldn't complain. But I do wonder.

Seems clear they're going to go in-house from now on. Modem is proprietary as well unless it's USA CDMA.

Wouldn't surprise me if everything goes sealed from now on. Samsung mentioned opening more walk-in service repair centers in the USA.

Are they still going to do an S7 after the disappointing sales of the S6?

Seems clear they're going to go in-house from now on. Modem is proprietary as well unless it's USA CDMA.

Wouldn't surprise me if everything goes sealed from now on. Samsung mentioned opening more walk-in service repair centers in the USA.
I don't know I see this year as an exception. They probably want to ensure the success of the 820 if they will be the ones making it. Might be easier for them to have a lot of as well.

For all we know it's part of the deal for Qualcomm. They will pay samsung to make em if they use it in their flagship lol.

Are they still going to do an S7 after the disappointing sales of the S6?
even though the state of samsung is probably worrisome as fuck for them, they have so much money they can continue to fail for years and years and years. Look at Microsoft and windows phone and that's 100x worse.

Just correct the battery thing and I'm good :p

Avixph

You think that Samsung will go back to using Snapdragon chips?

clav

I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised a) will be easier for them to manage supply with c) it will encourage more use of the 820 = more money for them if they are manufacturing them.

I don't see the point of dumping Samsung's R&D on Exynos.

You also have to consider that Samsung manufactures cell towers, too, that are used worldwide.

even though the state of samsung is probably worrisome as fuck for them, they have so much money they can continue to fail for years and years and years. Look at Microsoft and windows phone and that's 100x worse.

Just correct the battery thing and I'm good :p
Haha, I suppose so. But realistically, they can't afford to incur tons of losses because the smartphone game is expensive. Besides, Microsoft is the second most valuable company in the world so they have cash to blow :p

Haha, I suppose so. But realistically, they can't afford to incur tons of losses because the smartphone game is expensive. Besides, Microsoft is the second most valuable company in the world so they have cash to blow :p
I just wonder what they do different next year. Do they perfect what they put out this year or try a new strategy. Guess we will seeeeeeeee.

So since edge screens didn't pull in the masses, what do you think the next "feature" to shout from the rooftops will be?

I personally would like see either flexible phones or haptic feedback touchscreens.

thuway

I'm really happy I decided to stick this year out. I own a Note 3 and some of the incredible roms for it have kept me more up to date and in check than my brother's Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge.

Moreover, the relative implosion of the Nexus 6, Sony stumbling itself with the Z3+, and HTC laughably de-iterating the HTC M9 has had the entire Android world crashing in a blaze of failure.

My next phone will either be the Note 5 or the next Nexus Phablet. I cannot move away from OLED, and a awesome camera/battery life ratio is key. This feels like the year where we will start touching DSLR like quality.

My next phone will either be the Note 5 or the next Nexus Phablet. I cannot move away from OLED, and a awesome camera/battery life ratio is key. This feels like the year where we will start touching DSLR like quality.

I'll be getting a Note 5 or an iPhone 6S+ but while it's true phone cameras have come a long way, any DSLR in made in the past decade will still humiliate it. You can't ignore the laws of physics, the tiny-ass sensor in a phone camera will never be able to stand up against the much larger sensors in a decent DSLR no matter how much post-processing you smear on the captured image.

Top Bottom