• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Boy, I can't wait to watch someone code on stage and then have a GAFer tell me it's a developers conference so who cares

I'm going to buy the new 360, I bet. Rectangle screens are better for smart watches but Android Wear doesn't really do enough for that to matter. Circle has more style. I do like my Smart Watch 3 a bunch, though. Activate my NFC today!

Boy, I can't wait to watch someone code on stage and then have a GAFer tell me it's a developers conference so who cares

I'm going to buy the new 360, I bet. Rectangle screens are better for smart watches but Android Wear doesn't really do enough for that to matter. Circle has more style. I do like my Smart Watch 3 a bunch, though. Activate my NFC today!

Zenwatch too

Google needs to manage the developer focused parts and the other focuses better. But I'm expecting another 4 hour mishmash. I'll be streaming from my laptop at work assuming nothing pops up. No meetings from 12:30 onward as of now.

Hasney

I'll be cooking and playing some Splatoon while it's on. Being glued and expecting announcements like it's going to have something awesome announced is a surefire way to be disappointed, no matter what the keynote.

Saiyan-Rox

I'll be cooking and playing some Splatoon while it's on. Being glued and expecting announcements like it's going to have something awesome announced is a surefire way to be disappointed, no matter what the keynote.

be interesting what Android M has to offer though

Saiyan-Rox

Oh totally. I'll be mostly playing single player Splatoon today purely so I can pause it when they talk about anything interesting.

Still debating splatoon mainly for the fact my Wii is a glorified dust collector.

I can also see Google having some sort of announcement in regards to Chrome OS. some of the features they announced for it last year are still MIA

Pacbois

Really hope 2015 Moto X will deliver. Got the 1st gen for some time and I still love it despite Lollipop still missing. Active display is one of best feature I've ever seen on a phone and I can't think I can get a phone without it. That's why I hope the 2015 will be good so I can upgrade later this year.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
A 5.7" Nexus stinks because 5.9" is pretty good already. If you're 5.7", you might as well do 5.9".

clav

R1yPwGz.png

Wreav

Banned
Holding the home button on an S6 with Google Now Launcher launches Now, so yeah, Tap is probably just a launcher function.

ElTopo

Banned
Don't know if this is the right thread to ask in but how are the Rockstar Android ports? How do they play with a touch-screen? Mainly interested in China Town Wars but I might pick up Max Payne.

The nda's are over for the shield android tv. Anyone know if the 500 gb model is flash or a traditional drive? I also cant find anywhere to purchase it yet.

Edit: Looks like the 500 gb is a hybrid drive but if you get the 16 gb you can just get a micro sd and make that the default install directory. Its also now up at amazon. Anyone see any reviews that have google cast impressions?

HawkeyeIC

Automatic App Backup:

http://developer.android.com/preview/backup/index.html

Users often invest significant time and effort creating data and setting preferences within apps. Preserving that data for users if they replace a broken device or upgrade to a new one is an important part of ensuring a great user experience. Devices running the Android M Preview system help ensure a good experience for users in these circumstances by automatically backing up app data to Google Drive. The app data is automatically restored if a user changes or upgrades a device.

Automatic backups are enabled for all apps installed on devices running the Android M Preview. No additional app code is required. The system provides users with the ability to opt out of automatic data backups. You can also choose to limit what data from your app is backed up.

HawkeyeIC

I hope the lack of Nexus 7 (2013) support isn't an indication I'm not getting the M update...also, where was the built in split screen functionality?

Bboy AJ

This year's IO was pretty good. M is huge. Not quite as huge as Lollipop but big, too, IMO. Now on Tap, backing up app data online (finally), unlimited photo storage, privacy controls. These are things I wanted and will use on a daily basis. Google continues to plug the holes iOS leads them in. Now I want multi window.

Groof

Start up is a bit different. It gives you suggested languages at the start, and asks if you want to set up more email addresses.

HawkeyeIC

This year's IO was pretty good. M is huge. Not quite as huge as Lollipop but big, too, IMO. Now on Tap, backing up app data online (finally), unlimited photo storage, privacy controls. These are things I wanted and will use on a daily basis. Google continues to plug the holes iOS leads them in. Now I want multi window.

That plus 'Now on Tap' has me excited. Obviously mostly a bug fix release, but badly needed.

Top Bottom