• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Hasney

also, where was the built in split screen functionality?

It still might make the cut, it's not a feature that's important to developers so could be shaken out by the time the real thing launches.

Groof & BBoy: Nice one on taking one for the team. Talk to me about UI redraws in a day or so and if it's not happening anymore, fuck da bugs, I'm jumping in.

Groof

App drawer is completely different. Help. Screenshot in a bit.

2015-05-28.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It still might make the cut, it's not a feature that's important to developers so could be shaken out by the time the real thing launches.

Groof & BBoy: Nice one on taking one for the team. Talk to me about UI redraws in a day or so and if it's not happening anymore, fuck da bugs, I'm jumping in.

I waited on the L preview and that ran better than 4.4 at the time. I wouldn't do this, normally, but I have faith because of last year. Plus, Google is doing it iOS style (yet again Google copies Apple) with a scheduled release window and OTAs.

I'll post my impressions on thirdradio.com

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Might sound a bit harsh, but M looks like it's what Lollipop should of been from the start.

Android 5.2, fixing what's wrong with 5.X.

I'd rather what we had than have lived with Holo for another year.

More Android Auto news.
I know it sounds like I am excited about this. It's because I am, haha.
These 2016 Chevy models will ship with this system starting this summer.
Camaro
Camaro Convertible
Colorado
Corvette
Corvette Convertible
Cruze
Impala
Malibu
Silverado
Silverado HD
Spark
Suburban
Tahoe
Volt

What happens to the photos on your phone when you tell it to start syncing to the cloud initially? Is it going to remove them from the phone since they're now in the cloud?

Saiyan-Rox

Guys without spoilers or before I see spoilers does anyone have a link to the keynote so I can catch up when I get home? Could PM me it that would be great.

j-wood

Yo, the face recognition software on this is crazy.
Holy crap.

Do you have to wait for this to complete or something? I just tried searched via names and it pulled up only full photos from an album with that name in it. Including pictures that didn't have that face.

Or are you just talking about the people section, and not auto tagging?

Hasney

Since I never have had to reset my Nexus 6, I didn't realise how good backup had gotten. When the brightness turned itself up I thought "neat, at least settings carry over". Now my entire homescreen is being recreated.

EDIT: Taking Priority/Silence off of the volume prompt when using the volume up/down modes was a mistake. DND modes in the shade, but it was great where it was.

Hasney

Smart Unlock prompts are great. "Yo, you've got a new home, add to smart lock?"
"New bluetooth device? Want to add it to smart lock?"

EDIT: USB options... MIDI?

Bboy AJ

Bringing out those features is nice. Normal people don't even know they exist.

ikuze

Wasn't the new photos app supposed to be separate from Google+? Just synched some pictures to test some stuff and they appear in my Google+ site. I don't want that

AndyD

aka andydumi
Wasn't the new photos app supposed to be separate from Google+? Just synched some pictures to test some stuff and they appear in my Google+ site. I don't want that

I think they will roll out a separate service on the web too. Soon.

Groof

This has been very smooth. Liking most of it so far.

Cons:
New app drawer. Don't like it, but I'll give it a few days.
Voice search shortcut instead of phone on the lock screen. Wtf?
Flekay doesn't work.

Top Bottom