• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Saiyan-Rox

The Android Wear portion was kinda lackluster...showing us a build that's already out (well for most watches)

Also save to assume the next Nexus will have a fingerprint scanner. Don't like them using the Nexus 6 to demo it though even if it wasn't a proper demo -_-

The Android Wear portion was kinda lackluster...showing us a build that's already out (well for most watches)

Also save to assume the next Nexus will have a fingerprint scanner. Don't like them using the Nexus 6 to demo it though even if it wasn't a proper demo -_-
question is do BOTH. I'm almost positive huawei will have one. If there really is a smaller LG nexus...will it have one too. I hope :S

also I lol'd at the fake fingerprint demo on the nex6.

Saiyan-Rox

question is do BOTH. I'm almost positive huawei will have one. If there really is a smaller LG nexus...will it have one too. I hope :S

I'd assume both will ave it since Google themselves are in with the pay thing.

I assume that android pay is US only atm? unless they talk about it more later on in the keynote? (just at the internet of things atm which is boooooring)

Lol the M easter egg just makes an Ascii man shrugging appear

EDIT: Ewwwww the app drawer....what have they done!!

HawkeyeIC

Fingerprint + USB C is going to be amazing. Unfortunately, I'll probably get Verizoned.

Saiyan-Rox

So is Google updating the existing Photo's app or is this a new app completely? and it's uploading the pictures to somewhere else and not G+ anymore?

Damn the animations in M are gorgeous.

Schrade

So what happens if:

1) You have photos uploaded to PicasaWeb
2) You have your original photos backed up to Drive

Does the new Photos app understand that the PicasaWeb ones are dupes and only show you the originals that are on Drive?

(I'm at work so can't test this)

3phemeral

So is Google updating the existing Photo's app or is this a new app completely? and it's uploading the pictures to somewhere else and not G+ anymore?
It's been separate for a while so it's just a update. At least I think it is. I tried adding it to my mom's phone and it was already installed.

In other news:

Mirror is getting hammered.

Not sure if legit, but saw this in the Android Police comments:

4ijiOqw.png

We already knew Google was working on it, according to AP.

Saiyan-Rox

Lol the quick settings menu can be swiped down anywhere on the Nexus 9 now but if you try to change the brightness the toggle goes back to the centre xD

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why did they go back to a vertically scrolling app list? Weak.

Top Bottom