• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Sch1sm

giga, come on; snip that photo out.

-snip-, 'cause I'm an idiot, but thanks, Hasney. >>

I can't imagine anyone complaining about the changes to notifications in comparison to the entire L fiasco in regards to none at all, priority, or all notifications. Full silent mode made a comeback, and your alarm is still noisy with it. Not that I ever had a priority app to begin with, so I just used that, but it's solid.

Hasney

giga, come on; snip that photo out.

I've been going through all my notification settings and the like today, and I noticed a few changes. For one, "When the device is locked" now has an additional choice of "Hide sensitive notification content." However, when you choose this, you can't set which apps are sensitive under App notifications. You can only do that when you "Show all notification content."

What does Google consider sensitive content exactly?

Think that got added in 5.0. Basically, if you get a text or email, it will display the content on the lockscreen if you allow sensitive information so you can read at least most of it by explanding the notification. If you chose to hide it, it just says who it's from and the subject of the email.

Sch1sm

Think that got added in 5.0. Basically, if you get a text or email, it will display the content on the lockscreen if you allow sensitive information so you can read at least most of it by explanding the notification. If you chose to hide it, it just says who it's from and the subject of the email.

Scratch that. You're right.

clav

Audio through Bluetooth is choppy and skippy after two minutes of playing, battery life sucks, performance is even worse.

And, yes, done multiple factory resets and there's no rogue apps in play.

VZW and Lollipop killed it.

Hm OK.

I was thinking of picking up an off-contract G2 or on-contract G4, but my experience with LG phones has not been positive.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Nexus 6 arrives today! Can't wait to never have to use this destroyed-by-5.0.1 G3 again.

The only good LG G is the G2. Everything after it has been rubbish. Good move.

Sch1sm

I can't imagine anyone complaining about the changes to notifications in comparison to the entire L fiasco in regards to none at all, priority, or all notifications. Full silent mode made a comeback, and your alarm is still noisy with it. Not that I ever had a priority app to begin with, so I just used that, but it's solid.

Regular volume key sliders.

MH4EWQI.jpg

3z3TUsx.jpg

Ej1xasV.jpg

This following set comes out of hitting do not disturb in the pulldown.
I can see someone still asking why their alarm didn't sound in the morning even with how obvious this has gotten.

Furyous

Giga, can you cut that photo out of your post? Mods, can you do it for him, please?

Android M looks like the perfect version of Android for me. It's everything Android is supposed to be and THEY SOLVED THE WAKELOCK ISSUE. All I need is a solid device to run it on.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
LOL at people begging giga to edit his post when he clearly did what he did to annoy.

Sch1sm

After this many looks at the photo, numb.

Screenshots are now hiding in Photos>Device Folders>Screenshots instead of merging with camera photos. Huh.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't think I like Inbox, it doesn't solve any problems that I am having and the interface feels less straightforward to me.

Are they making this the default e-mail app going forward?

I think I am sticking to GMail... curious what others are going to do.

Hasney

I don't think I like Inbox, it doesn't solve any problems that I am having and the interface feels less straightforward to me.

Are they making this the default e-mail app going forward?

I think I am sticking to GMail... curious what others are going to do.

GMail is still default in M right now.

What's your issue? I like it; swipe right when I'm done, pin or snooze if it needs further action.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well for starters I've been using gmail since it was first available so I have years of e-mails and it's asking me to confirm 'done' on a zillion things.

I have to go in and confirm hundreds of orders I've made to see which ones are still pending or not.

Aiii

So not worth it
Call me old fashioned, but I just want one old school inbox where I can read my emails and give it a label if it's a bill I need to pay at the end of the month or a star if it's tracking info.

Other than that all I need is my search box to find an old mail if necessary.

I used Inbox for maybe a day before going back to regular Classic Gmail when it came out.

Hasney

I don't like how it archives everything.

You can change that in the updated client where the default action is to bin.

Personally I've liked it, out of the inbox, out of mind, but still searchable if needs be.

Well for starters I've been using gmail since it was first available so I have years of e-mails and it's asking me to confirm 'done' on a zillion things.

I have to go in and confirm hundreds of orders I've made to see which ones are still pending or not.

I was the same, but loved Inbox. I logged into GMail on the web, selected all (if you click the select all checkbox, it will say if you want to select literally all of them or just that page) and clicked archive.

I don't receive enough emails on my personal account to need something like Inbox.

Doesn't help that my receipts are all screwed up. Some of them got categorized as purchases, others as updates. I'm not gonna go through years of emails to clean up the bundles.

Plus, we all know that the second everyone starts getting comfortable with it, Google will send out a press release saying the user base is too small then shut down the product and fire everyone they acquired from Sparrow.

Borman

Thinking of picking up an Xperia Z3+ when it comes out. Really want something that is waterproof, so really that leaves the Xperia line or the S5 I think, which I wasn't really a fan of. No >1080p screen, but that won't really bother me either.

ArchAngel

Flashed M today, everything runs smooth, like the slightly changed setup. Animation of the slowed down notification bar is a bit choppy and sending smileys in Telegram crashes the app, but this seems very cool. Really like the new volume-bars :)

Need to test some more. Changed ringtone and now it plays it in loop until I shut down the device ;) And didn't like the new lockscreen. Tried left-right slides anywhere on the screen for camera and mic but it doesn't work anymore :(

Hasney

Nexus 6 just rebooted itself on the M preview. Wasn't using it, only noticed when I looked over and the startup animation was happening.

My battery stats now show what apps are draining battery rather than all being under System UI though since the random reboot.

Saiyan-Rox

Guys think I found a bug with the pattern lock screen with M.

I don't need to draw the whole pattern to unlock the phone. Being one point short in the pattern you set still unlocks the phone.

Big Blue

I hope Android Pay doesn't require anything too crazy to prove identity. Google Wallet wants copies of my ID and SS card in order to use it . No thanks.

Hasney

Guys think I found a bug with the pattern lock screen with M.

I don't need to draw the whole pattern to unlock the phone. Being one point short in the pattern you set still unlocks the phone.

Can't replicate on my Nexus 6.

I hope Android Pay doesn't require anything too crazy to prove identity. Google Wallet wants copies of my ID and SS card in order to use it . No thanks.

With the virtual numbers and buy ins from banks, I'm assuming it'll be like Apple Pay, so just your card details.

Saiyan-Rox

Can't replicate on my Nexus 6.

With the virtual numbers and buy ins from banks, I'm assuming it'll be like Apple Pay, so just your card details.

Really? Its happening on mine with a clean install :O

5 point lock screen unlocked with a 4 point instead just stopping before the last dot. May need to reflash see if that helps.

Heh what did wreav post that I missed?

Hasney

Really? Its happening on mine with a clean install :O

5 point lock screen unlocked with a 4 point instead just stopping before the last dot. May need to reflash see if that helps.

Heh what did wreav post that I missed?

Try rebooting. Like I said, my phone randomly rebooted and I had battery stats again.

Wreav posted a nappy with shit in it because "LOL GOOGLE PHOTOS TAGGED THIS AS FOOD" like it's Tumblr or something.

Just got my Nexus 6, but my SIM card from the G3 isn't the same as what's needed for the N6, which I assume is a Nano SIM?

Off to the VZW store this afternoon, I suppose.

Hasney

Just got my Nexus 6, but my SIM card from the G3 isn't the same as what's needed for the N6, which I assume is a Nano SIM?

Off to the VZW store this afternoon, I suppose.

You can cut it to the size, which is what I did. But I think VZW has to verify your phone or some shit?

Saiyan-Rox

Try rebooting. Like I said, my phone randomly rebooted and I had battery stats again.

Wreav posted a nappy with shit in it because "LOL GOOGLE PHOTOS TAGGED THIS AS FOOD" like it's Tumblr or something.

Tried it and I can still unlock it with 1 short of the pattern :S

Well, how lovely.

The good news is they are Honeycombing the Lollipop.

The bad news is that Ice Cream Sandwich wasn't really that great in retrospect. So it remains to be seen how much of an improvement Melonpan will be.

Top Bottom