• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Are there any issues with the Sony SW3 on Android M? I have one arriving tomorrow.
I have this combo on my N6. It works perfectly fine. It gave me errors at first but now it's just like 5.0.

Also, SW3 is the best square watch. Everyone here slept on it until I got it. It's great.

NotBacon

Hey, guys. First post in here as I've just bought a Galaxy S6 after having an iPhone for the past five years. So making the switch will probably be pretty daunting but hopefully I can get used to it quick. I wanted to ask if there is any software I can use to backup / transfer files from my iPhone to my PC and then to my S6? Mainly I want to save my notes and maybe my iTunes playlists. Sorry for any noob questions as this will be my first time ever having an Android device. Excited though! Thanks to anyone who can offer info / tips for making the switch.

https://www.android.com/intl/en_us/switch/

Note: For the photos transfer use Google Photos app instead of Google+ app. Pretty much the same thing, but G Photos was just "released" so I guess they just haven't updated this site yet.

Hasney

I have this combo on my N6. It works perfectly fine. It gave me errors at first but now it's just like 5.0.

Also, SW3 is the best square watch. Everyone here slept on it until I got it. It's great.

Oh sweet, I saw you being saying it wasn't working on the N6 and also someone else on I/O day and I thought it still wasn't. Glad I don't have to downgrade.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Is this really the full list of devices that can get Netflix HD? And if so, why is it so pathetically short?

Hasney

Is this really the full list of devices that can get Netflix HD? And if so, why is it so pathetically short?

That's only tablets. If you include phones, the list almost doubles

Phones:
Google Nexus 6
LG G3 (D850, D851, D855, LS990, US990, VS985)
Motorola Moto X 2014 (XT1092, XT1093, XT1095, XT1096, XT1097)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910A, SM-N910P, SM-N910T, SM-N910V, SM-N910R4)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

Phones:
Google Nexus 6

OMG!

reKon

Banned
it's crazy how much I don't care about the N6 even though it's probably well built fast phone. Seriously fuck that size. Just awful. They cut out a larger user base just by being that obnoxiously big.

Phones:
Google Nexus 6

goat 4 baby

j-wood

I have a super annoying bug with Play Music on my Nexus 6. Sometimes I'll fire up the app and no queue is displayed as the bottom bar. I can click on songs to try to play them, click play on an album, add to queue, but nothing works. Queue doesn't show up, audio doesn't play. I have to go to app settings and force close for it to come back correctly.

Anyone else seen this?

https://www.android.com/intl/en_us/switch/

Note: For the photos transfer use Google Photos app instead of Google+ app. Pretty much the same thing, but G Photos was just "released" so I guess they just haven't updated this site yet.

Thanks for the advice!

Still trying to figure out a way to get my iPhone notes on to my PC so I can then somehow get them on my S6 though. I don't think there's a simple way to do it from what I can see online.

Thanks for the advice!

Still trying to figure out a way to get my iPhone notes on to my PC so I can then somehow get them on my S6 though. I don't think there's a simple way to do it from what I can see online.
You could try copying your notes onto the Google Keep website (not sure if the app is on iOS), and they will all sync to the Keep Android app.

You can also accomplish the same with Evernote.

NotBacon

Is the camera and battery still kinda meh on the Nexus 6? Or has it been better with updates.

5.1 :
Camera takes amazing pictures (HDR+ is GOAT), but there's shutter lag sometimes and fast action shots don't always turn out so great.
Battery ranges from very average to really good. Really depends on your device and usage. I typically get ~5hr SoT.

M preview:
Apparently the camera app is quite a bit better. Not sure about battery life but Doze looks promising.

Keep isn't on IOS. For some strange googy reason.

There are 3rd party versions that sync with it. Not sure how well they work though...

Toki767

So the G Watch R is basically discontinued now huh?

Wish I could have gotten one of those $99 AT&T orders.

The regular G Watch is nice enough for $50 but I would have spent double that for a circle with P-OLED instead of a square with LCD.

EmiPrime

Is the camera and battery still kinda meh on the Nexus 6? Or has it been better with updates.

The cameras on the Nexus 5 and 6 are actually very good if you use an app that uses the Camera2 API. I have no idea why Google's own camera app doesn't.

Mine arrived today and it seems to be working okay with my Nexus 5.

So far I like it a lot! Very underrated.

SimleuqiR

Oh and anyone hesitating to flash M onto their Nexus 5 or 6, just do it.

The battery life increases are very real.

I have had the opposite. No battery gains whatsoever. Everything else is great though.

WCCxpFUKiGGOPj0NgGjfln1LrtCCb0XSANKo87FxJN-o=w417-h740-no

I can't believe wakelocks are still a thing on Android.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Google should just give up on doing things the hard way and admit that Apple was right with how they implemented multitasking/background activity.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
N6 M battery life is at best the same as Lollipop.

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Google should just give up on doing things the hard way and admit that Apple was right with how they implemented multitasking/background activity.
it's all tradeoffs in the end. Google claims "real" or "true" multitasking but that also causes a wild wild west of randomness and bullshit. I wouldn't mind at all if they handled multitasking like apple did today but meh. That's why I've just resigned to the fact that my next phone must have good battery life.

EmiPrime

Hell no. Having to open apps every now and then to make sure they are syncing to cloud services or downloads stopping when you switch apps or sleep the device is a joke.

npa189

So the G Watch R is basically discontinued now huh?

Wish I could have gotten one of those $99 AT&T orders.

The regular G Watch is nice enough for $50 but I would have spent double that for a circle with P-OLED instead of a square with LCD.

I managed to snag one, and I'm quite impressed. Android Wear basically moves the lock screen/google now to your wrist. It still doesn't do much, $99 is the perfect price for any android wear device, as there isn't really a compelling reason to own one, looking at texts/music control is awesome while driving, I haven't taken it on a bike ride yet, be interesting to see what fit/strava can do with a wearable.

Build quality is also very nice, it looks and feel like a real watch. The software just isn't there yet.

Salsa

GEbcbv7.png

this is just one of my dropbox folders called "old uploads"

current one is like double

desktop client not working for me for some reason : (

I just get a blank screen

Top Bottom