• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

3phemeral

Yo these fake product Kickstarters....
https://youtu.be/K4ImbuZ4T8c

When describing the camera features:

Lol
And to think, all this time I thought I knew what I wanted in a phone...

xr5naq

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Hound is awesome.

Yeah I really like the mini form factor as well. Don't get one of those until they put 2gb of ram in it and laminate the screen. Those are major upgrades, especially the ram if you hop between lots of tabs and apps often.

That might happen soon. But don't expect yearly iPad updates anymore in the near future.

Do we have an idea as to when/if any of the major Android OEMs will adopt USB-C soon? I have a Note 2, and want to upgrade later this year, but I'm holding out for a phone that supports USB Type C. Since Android M supports Type C, is it safe to assume the next Nexus will have it?

MercuryLS

Banned
Hound is awesome.

That might happen soon. But don't expect yearly iPad updates anymore in the near future.

I think the regular iPad might continue to get love from Apple (unless they put their focus entirely on the Pro), the mini may not get any serious attention though. It's stuck in an awkward place between the iPad Air 2 and the 6 Plus, not a good place to be.

Do we have an idea as to when/if any of the major Android OEMs will adopt USB-C soon? I have a Note 2, and want to upgrade later this year, but I'm holding out for a phone that supports USB Type C. Since Android M supports Type C, is it safe to assume the next Nexus will have it?
meh late this year at the earliest (nexus phones/note 5 are maybes I'd say), but definitely 2016 for most of them I think is a good estimate.

clav

Probably with the new Nexus.

Rumors have that Microsoft's next flagship will have Type-C as well, and that's set to launch later this year.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

More than likely 2016.

That being said I rarely if ever even need USB on my phone. Everything is wireless these days.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Until wireless chargers come standard in boxes, usb will always be very important.

Magnetic charging is the way forward IMO.

While true, I don't see people complaining about current USB charging as long as it has quick charge.

It's not as if you need USB C for Quick Charge 2.0.

I ordered a Huawei P8 Lite today. I always wanted to try a Huawei phone, but the ones that are available in the US were always meh. For 200 bucks, there's not much I can complain about. That KK doe...

I ordered a Huawei P8 Lite today. I always wanted to try a Huawei phone, but the ones that are available in the US were always meh. For 200 bucks, there's not much I can complain about. That KK doe...
their skin is bad but their hardware is good. That basically sums up the huawei of 2015.

this_guy

Post impressions when you get the phone. I was hoping the high end P8 would be announced for the U.S. market at an affordable price, but the P8 Lite looks solid for an affordable mid range.

Also looking at the specs, it has ALL the LTE bands that both AT&T and T-Mobile use in the US. The oneplus will pick up LTE on both carriers but you won't have an optimal experience as there are missing bands for both carriers.

So sad friend of mine just got the lollipop update on her S4 today. I don't even know if it's a straight update to 5.1.1 just told her to delete stuff after the update failed to go for space reasons before I had to leave

Sooooo Moto X 3rd gen leak. Verizon variant will be 5.64 inches. Normal version will be 5.2. Both QHD.

0KBvXAh.png

The guy who leaked it was told the camera was "fucking amazing". We'll see about that. Could potentially come with Type-C port as well.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I won't buy a new device if if doesn't have USB C. It's now mandatory.

terrier

USB C isn't backwards compatible i guess, oh well, it had to happen sometime but it will be a pain in the ass until all devices have it, until then time to carry adaptors or multiple chargers :/

Saiyan-Rox

Is it bad I'll jump on the new Nexus if it does have USB C and a fingerprint scanner? I don't feel like I need an upgrade I'm happy enough with the N6 but I want those two features lol

Sooooo Moto X 3rd gen leak. Verizon variant will be 5.64 inches. Normal version will be 5.2. Both QHD.

0KBvXAh.png

The guy who leaked it was told the camera was "fucking amazing". We'll see about that. Could potentially come with Type-C port as well.

Hmm. Doesn't look like a fingerprint reader

Husker86

Is it bad I'll jump on the new Nexus if it does have USB C and a fingerprint scanner? I don't feel like I need an upgrade I'm happy enough with the N6 but I want those two features lol
Hell no that's not bad! I'll be doing that and I already have a fingerprint scanner in my S6. Though I'm not exactly the poster child of tech buying restraint.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
The Nexus 6 is $150 off, is that a good deal?

My main concerns are battery life and camera. I know there were some software updates, how does the camera compare now to something like the note 4? Is the battery life comparable to the note 4 kit Kat?

Hasney

The Nexus 6 is $150 off, is that a good deal?

My main concerns are battery life and camera. I know there were some software updates, how does the camera compare now to something like the note 4? Is the battery life comparable to the note 4 kit Kat?

Hell yes.

Battery life is good, especially when put against other phones that are on Lollipop, but I don't think it's Note 4 good. The only mainstream phone that is as good as a Note 4 is the Z3 Compact though.

Camera always took great pictures apparently (I never use the camera), but the it focuses like mad everytime you make even a slight position change so it can be a bit annoying.

Saiyan-Rox

The moto 360 is gone and got myself the Sony one. Kinda sad to see the moto go but it really was laggy and the wrist strap issue was the last straw.

Top Bottom