• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

By retrofit you mean put a black sticker on. Even if it was legit, that's the worst spot for it.
it is funny that it's a horrible place to even stick one. If it's on the back it shouldn't be on the top of the goddamn phone. Google even sucks at fake design.

Hasney

Chrome still does that one second pause before resuming letting you scroll nearly every time I load a new web page on this forum. It's infuriating.

Speaking of mobile Chrome of course (not beta)

Someone found out what was causing it last week or something. Can't remember, but maybe something in accessibility settings?

Moto X 2015 will have 810. 4GB of RAM as well. Keeping the 5.2 inch screen. Previous leaks hinted at 808. I don't even care which. I don't buy into overheat-geddon. Throttlegeddon is another story :p

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_001.jpg
Taken from same device.

There goes any hope for good battery life with that screen.
if the 3000mah battery leak is real there's still some hope it could be decent but yeah 1080p + 3000mah would have been killer as fuck.

Don't get these companies man, don't get em.

Really hope the smaller nexus is 1080p and cheaper this year. Need more leaks goddamnit.

Groof

Chrome still does that one second pause before resuming letting you scroll nearly every time I load a new web page on this forum. It's infuriating.

Do you have any accessibility services turned on? Turning them off fixed that for me

Milpool

I have a problem where the GAF jump menu takes anywhere between 1 and 5 seconds to appear after pressing it when using android with any browser, it used to happen with my Nexus 5 and continues with the 6. Doesn't happen on my backup Lumia though, IE or Edge.

Ninman

I had my S6 for about a week now, and for those still asking about the S6 battery life, I did a test 100%-0%, the results:

Almost 26 hours. (Lots of idle time since I work on a state jail and we don't get signal for security reasons)
5 hours screen time:
-40% Whats App
-30% Web browsing
-10% Facebook
-20% Other Stuff (some gaming, snapchat, twitter, etc)

Conclusion: No complaints, best android phone I've use since the nexus 5 IMO.

Groof

I have a problem where the GAF jump menu takes anywhere between 1 and 5 seconds to appear after pressing it when using android with any browser, it used to happen with my Nexus 5 and continues with the 6. Doesn't happen on my backup Lumia though, IE or Edge.
See my previous post. Turning off accessibility services fixed all these issues for me

I had my S6 for about a week now, and for those still asking about the S6 battery life, I did a test 100%-0%, the results:

Almost 26 hours. (Lots of idle time since I work on a state jail and we don't get signal for security reasons)
5 hours screen time:
-40% Whats App
-30% Web browsing
-10% Facebook
-20% Other Stuff (some gaming, snapchat, twitter, etc)

Conclusion: No complaints, best android phone I've use since the nexus 5 IMO.

This is crazy. I'm starting to wonder if the antenna in the CDMA models is the culprit for the terrible idle in the Verizon phones.

Husker86

See my previous post. Turning off accessibility services fixed all these issues for me

^^

If you recall, I was going pretty hard on Chrome a few weeks ago. When someone said that LastPass accessibility service was the culprit, I disabled it and instantly had smooth Chrome.

I left LightFlow accessibility service enabled and it seems to not affect it. Not sure if any other apps' services would cause it, but LastPass is a for sure offender (not LastPass' fault).

Does anyone else have the issue where when you're watching videos on your phone (youtube or netflix or whatever), that the bar at the bottom with the time scrubber thing, pause, fullscreen and all that goes away when you tap the screen, but then just shows up again for no reason sometimes?

It drives me nuts, haha.

Milpool

^^

If you recall, I was going pretty hard on Chrome a few weeks ago. When someone said that LastPass accessibility service was the culprit, I disabled it and instantly had smooth Chrome.

I left LightFlow accessibility service enabled and it seems to not affect it. Not sure if any other apps' services would cause it, but LastPass is a for sure offender (not LastPass' fault).

Disabling LastPass sped things up a bit, cheers. I wonder if I had some accesabilty services turned on with the Nexus 5 since I didn't use LastPass back then.

What if....that is this years LG nexus? Just upgrading the internals of the current design? *Ruddy mysterious music*
it's clear the nexus 5 was far and away the most popular one. I wouldn't be surprised if the huawei was another high end more expensive model and the LG was another attempt at the nexus 5 but better shit inside.

Though I do believe it won't have a fingerprint sensor and that will be saved for the expensive one. Who knows though. Need more leaks.

Saiyan-Rox

it's clear the nexus 5 was far and away the most popular one. I wouldn't be surprised if the huawei was another high end more expensive model and the LG was another attempt at the nexus 5 but better shit inside.

Though I do believe it won't have a fingerprint sensor and that will be saved for the expensive one. Who knows though. Need more leaks.

I can see both having a scanner seeing how Google are all in on the feature now. but I guess if they are indeed having 2 phones this year maybe one will be without it to keep it on the cheaper scale compared to the Huawei.

Speaking of with what are Huawei like in regards to build quality etc? I'll be all over the new Nexus line this year for a fingerprint sensor. Leaks last year for the N6 only started about a month or so before release didn't they? it was certainly more locked down than the N5 lol

I can see both having a scanner seeing how Google are all in on the feature now. but I guess if they are indeed having 2 phones this year maybe one will be without it to keep it on the cheaper scale compared to the Huawei.

Speaking of with what are Huawei like in regards to build quality etc? I'll be all over the new Nexus line this year for a fingerprint sensor. Leaks last year for the N6 only started about a month or so before release didn't they? it was certainly more locked down than the N5 lol
all recent huawei flagships get really good reviews when it comes to hardware. When it comes to anything actually other than their ugly skin.

Saiyan-Rox

all recent huawei flagships get really good reviews when it comes to hardware. When it comes to anything actually other than their ugly skin.

Ah yeah that skin is real bad which thankfully a Nexus device will solve. I do love my N6 though it's a shame the fingerprint sensor didn't make it into it.

EDIT: Also do any of you guys know where I can get a white strap for my Sony SW3? they seem real damn expensive on Ebay/Amazon (UK BTW)

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope the smaller Nexus is what everyone asked for: a Nexus 5 with upgraded internals. No fingerprint sensor, no USB C. Just give those whiners exactly what they whined for.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Upgraded my G2 to Lollipop last night using LG PC Suite and the battery life has taken a hit and it takes longer to charge it too.

Any tips?

phones I've owned in the last 6 months.

LG G4(current)
G3
M8
Nexus 6
Note 4
Galaxy S6
Moto X 2014
Droid Turbo
iPhone 6/Plus

I have issues.
damn that's impressive. I upgrade once a year so I don't get to own a lot of stuff that I kind of would like to. I usually don't own 2 flagships at once. Like if I get one of the nexus devices this year I'll likely sell my iphone. Actually maybe when I upgrade next year I won't sell the nexus. Depends on too many things.

zatara

damn that's impressive. I upgrade once a year so I don't get to own a lot of stuff that I kind of would like to. I usually don't own 2 flagships at once. Like if I get one of the nexus devices this year I'll likely sell my iphone. Actually maybe when I upgrade next year I won't sell the nexus. Depends on too many things.

it doesn't help that I'm impulsive as fuck,every time a new phone comes out I have to have it. now that the M preview is out I'm gonna get on that Nexus 6 for 499.99.

clav

phones I've owned in the last 6 months.

LG G4(current)
G3
M8
Nexus 6
Note 4
Galaxy S6
Moto X 2014
Droid Turbo
iPhone 6/Plus

That explains why no one cares about removable batteries.

Why allow the user to remove the battery when he/she can buy a new device?

longdi

Banned
A sort of pre-review of the best Android tablet today
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z4_tablet-review-1251.php
It seems S810 works 'perfectly' fine for tablet sized battery.

I also liked how they spoke favorably of Sony media apps and UI. I have used Samsung, LG, Apple and Blackberry mobile devices before, and i still like how Sony lays out their stuffs on their interface. I think they are aesthetically pleasing and more important, very functionally arranged.

Sony UI is great!
Haters gonna hates.

Top Bottom