• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

kIdMuScLe

So for this upcoming Christmas I'm planning to get the iPhone 6+ for my girlfriend simply because I'm disappointed the way Android has gone this year. Am I wrong for doing so? I'm still sticking with Android but lollipop really sour things for me.

Doubt she'll do it, then she only just mentioned she keeps GPS on 24/7 so that could explain something still that drain was crazy for screen off usage
Tell your friend to check the battery usage stats and see if an app on the list is keeping the device awake. I've got an at&t s4 running lollipop and I haven't had any crazy battery drain like that.

Also, is the phone getting really hot during that time?

VoxPop

So for this upcoming Christmas I'm planning to get the iPhone 6+ for my girlfriend simply because I'm disappointed the way Android has gone this year. Am I wrong for doing so? I'm still sticking with Android but lollipop really sour things for me.

FYI the 6S+ will probably be dropping September/October. Honestly IMO, if you're not one for tinkering and playing around with your phone (most people), iPhone is the way to go. It gets a lot of the basic stuff right with enough polish to not get completely enraged. I easily get bored of both OS's so I'm usually swapping between the two but consider Android as more of a hobbyist phone on the side while my iPhone is my daily driver.

Looks like some of the new Play Store stuff Google showed at i/o is appearing. I see the family section, popular characters section, and custom landing pages for developers are showing up now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is there an app that can graphically show what is using up my storage? Like Dirtreestat (or something like that) on windows?

Almost all of my internal memory is full even though I've tried to always use my SD card for app caches and photos etc. Need to clear some more space.

Fatalah

is there an app that can graphically show what is using up my storage? Like Dirtreestat (or something like that) on windows?

Almost all of my internal memory is full even though I've tried to always use my SD card for app caches and photos etc. Need to clear some more space.

I use DiskUsage.

Any of you nexus 6 owners know if I could instead the M developer preview on a US Cellular Nexus 6? I only see one system image on the preview download site so im assuming its playstore only?

Mindwipe

Should do, I think anything paired via bluetooth can activate it.

"Should" and "bluetooth" scare me.

Have a look at this seller if you do on Amazon, this is UK but I saw them on France too so probably be worldwide somewhere and had the best selection of Milanese straps without spending too much.

I think the link might have fallen off here?

jwk94

Guys, is the Moto x 2014's earpiece supposed to be jutting out like this?

$_57.JPG

People still use last.fm?

Yeah. It may have missed the chance to become the #1 music social site, but it still has years of my music history.

Two steps forward and one step back

Good start, but going to the browser is a BIG NO for me.
I asked them on Twitter if they would continuously be updating the app and they said yes. So hopefully with time the app will build in more of the website.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
So I guess the idea is that you'll ship it broken and then patch it like what HTC is trying to do with the throttling and the camera patches, but that's such a risky strategy, especially when you are at the mercy of carriers to deliver the updates.

Edit: not to mention the negative press from reviewers, and the bad experience from consumers who don't update right away.

So I guess the idea is that you'll ship it broken and then patch it like what HTC is trying to do with the throttling and the camera patches, but that's such a risky strategy, especially when you are at the mercy of carriers to deliver the updates.

Edit: not to mention the negative press from reviewers, and the bad experience from consumers who don't update right away.

I'm sure the giant warning sign about the phone overheating, placed right at the store isn't going to help.

bronk

Banned
Hey guys I have a galaxy s3 and looking to upgrade soon. I dont want another Samsung of any kind so at the moment i have my eyes on the G4 or Z3+ anybody want to help me out choosing or maybe consider another phone. Im gonna be on Verizon by the way. Thanks!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey guys I have a galaxy s3 and looking to upgrade soon. I dont want another Samsung of any kind so at the moment i have my eyes on the G4 or Z3+ anybody want to help me out choosing or maybe consider another phone. Im gonna be on Verizon by the way. Thanks!

If you don't want a Samsung the G4 is the clear choice.

Hasney

Save some cash and get a Z3. Fantastic phone.

Only consider the G4 if you use the camera a lot. Otherwise it's barely improved from the G3 thanks to Qualcomms fuck ups this year. Z3+ is literally hot shit.

bronk

Banned
Save some cash and get a Z3. Fantastic phone.

Only consider the G4 if you use the camera a lot. Otherwise it's barely improved from the G3 thanks to Qualcomms fuck ups this year. Z3+ is literally hot shit.
So the z3+ is no good? Is there any other androids i should consider? I know anything will be a massive upgrade from phone I have now.

clav

So the z3+ is no good? Is there any other androids i should consider? I know anything will be a massive upgrade from phone I have now.

Motorola will reveal its phones in the next two months.

If you can hold out until October/November, new Nexus is around the corner.

Top Bottom