• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I am going to sleep, but I want to leave this before I do so.

I need help - a month ago I got my new phone via Verizon Edge. Sent the phone back, phone is in good condition, so on. Over the last weeks I noticed with USPS tracking that it has always shown the phone being in Fort Worth, Tx, and that it's always in "transit."

I called USPS and they said it's in Verizon's hand. I posted bunch of messages on Verizon's board, and although one representative did respond - when I sent her my info as she requested, there is no follow-up.

So now I got my bill that's due in July, I am being charged extra $324 for the phone. I am so tired at this point that I don't have the energy to be angry. But I would like to know my options and what I can do.

Personally I want to say fuck it and not pay my bills, but I think that hurts my credit. Looking over Verizon's community board this problem seems quite common, and what is also common it's the amount of hassle it takes to get Verizon to respond. I am not sure what to do.

zatara

Yes.
HDR is now super quick in anything that isn't extremely dark (understandably). And I just tried out regular mode again and was able to fire off 10 shots in rapid succession without a hitch. Before it would pause/freeze for a bit if I tried to do that.

looks like I'm buying a nexus again...... my biggest gripe was how slow it took to snap quick photos.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Verizon introduces the Sony Z4v:
verizon-sony-xperia-z4v_1.jpg

*snicker*

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Wait what? Their "skinned" nav buttons are based off the stock nav buttons.
Oh really? Like I said I came from an S4 so my only use of software buttons was on my kindle fire with CM11. I much prefer the cyanogenmod buttons, Triangle and square are whatever, but home should be a home button.

Dual camera and finger print scanner in LG nexus?

Don't really give a shit about the former but wooowooo on the latter. Looks like it's going to be a legit one not a low end version while the huawei one has all the features. Hype+1. Also dual camera does not necessarily mean 3D camera.

Dual camera and finger print scanner in LG nexus?

Don't really give a shit about the former but wooowooo on the latter. Looks like it's going to be a legit one not a low end version while the huawei one has all the features. Hype+1. Also dual camera does not necessarily mean 3D camera.

If it's anything like the M8 camera then it's worse.

tmac456

picked up the g4 yesterday. definitely liking it so far. the physical buttons on the back of it are definitely weird but everything else seems great

Cigol

Going from a nexus 5 to a nexus 6 is there a way of transferring SMS messages. The last time I upgraded from the 4 to the 5 I'm sure I did... but the one tap restore thing came up with a failed message so I'm not sure what's going on (even though it says in google accounts page on the phone it's synced). Usually it would install a bunch of apps I'd already had installed though, or at least that's what I remember happeneing?

Kuros

Going from a nexus 5 to a nexus 6 is there a way of transferring SMS messages. The last time I upgraded from the 4 to the 5 I'm sure I did... but the one tap restore thing came up with a failed message so I'm not sure what's going on (even though it says in google accounts page on the phone it's synced). Usually it would install a bunch of apps I'd already had installed though, or at least that's what I remember happeneing?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en_GB

jwk94

The one tap restore is such garbage. It didn't do anything for me. Anyway, if you use Evolve SMS and pay the $$ for the cloud feaure, you can sync them to the cloud and download them again. That's what I did, anyway.

Wreav

Banned
Look at that garbage phone, with its 20mp camera, and flapless waterproofing, and dedicated camera button, and front facing speakers, and ultra lightweight skinning, and quick charge 2.0, and its 3000mah battery, and an SD slot, and its 1440p screen, what a piece of fucking shit.

All you haters claiming you'd use a thicker phone if it had a better battery, HERE YOU FUCKING GO.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Look at that garbage phone, with its 20mp camera, and flapless waterproofing, and dedicated camera button, and front facing speakers, and ultra lightweight skinning, and quick charge 2.0, and its 3000mah battery, and an SD slot, and its 1440p screen, what a piece of fucking shit.

All you haters claiming you'd use a thicker phone if it had a better battery, HERE YOU FUCKING GO.

Indeed. That's a solid phone right there. Although it remains to be seen whether 3000mah battery is enough for the 810.

Jacir

Are you saying its a bad phone? If the screen was 720p with same battery size and everything else stay the same, it would be a great phone. Don't mind thickness. Thicker than the moto g 1gen, then I have a problem.

VoxPop

That's not the point. It could of all been had without the Verizon logo and added thickness. It's still a great phone, if not the best Android phone on the market. It's the fact that Verizon decided to anally rape it for no reason except to say HEY ITS VERIZON. LET ME TELL YOU WITH 3 DIFFERENT LOGOS.

Wreav

Banned
That's not the point. It could of all been had without the Verizon logo and added thickness. It's still a great phone, if not the best Android phone on the market. It's the fact that Verizon decided to anally rape it for no reason except to say HEY ITS VERIZON. LET ME TELL YOU WITH 3 DIFFERENT LOGOS.

If you think a logo defines a phone, you belong in the iOS thread, friendo.

Sch1sm

The only reason I can see the branding being eh is if you switch carriers. Like yeah, I'm with x company but y's name is on the device. That would bother me.

my US Carrier Samsung Galaxy Note II didn't have a carrier tramp stamp. neither did my Note 4 or many other devices. some carriers are just feeling themselves too much.

my US Carrier Samsung Galaxy Note II didn't have a carrier tramp stamp. neither did my Note 4 or many other devices. some carriers are just feeling themselves too much.

T-mobile barely does any branding anymore. My S6 has no branding and I'm certain HTC phones have no branding. It's not a big deal in the end, but it's incredibly obnoxious when Verizon puts it everywhere.

seriously.

no lies if this phone had stock I'd buy it. Even with a verizon logo on the front lol.

Drifters

Fuck Verizon. Fuck Verizon right up the ass. This means there is no chance of this hitting AT&T and of course off contract pricing is going to suck. Dammit.

Top Bottom