• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Look at that garbage phone, with its 20mp camera, and flapless waterproofing, and dedicated camera button, and front facing speakers, and ultra lightweight skinning, and quick charge 2.0, and its 3000mah battery, and an SD slot, and its 1440p screen, what a piece of fucking shit.

All you haters claiming you'd use a thicker phone if it had a better battery, HERE YOU FUCKING GO.

and wireless charging, and PS4 remote play as standard, and DS4 pairing as standard. and adjustable colour temperature for the screen.

literally a turd of the highest order. I'll stick with my nokia 3310

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Looking into getting a phone for someone.

• 5" screen (Not 6)
  • Stock Android (or flashable to stock)
  • Unlocked
  • Performance and Battery life flexible
  • Storage space 16GB is fine
  • 1080p preferred
  • $200-$400

I've been using my Nexus 5 for a while and I think it's a good bet, but was wondering if there are any other alternatives (HTC One? Huawei P8 Lite?) that have come out that I should look into. Thanks in advance.

• 5" screen (Not 6)
  • Unlocked
  • 1080p preferred
  • $200-$400

I've been using my Nexus 5 for a while and I think it's a good bet, but was wondering if there are any other alternatives (HTC One? Huawei P8 Lite?) that have come out that I should look into. Thanks in advance.

uhhh at this point you might as well just wait for the new oneplus 2 or new nexus phone(s) imo.

Otherwise just get a moto x 2014 pure edition. Crazy promo's on that lately. Last I read they dipped it to $299 or something.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
uhhh at this point you might as well just wait for the new oneplus 2 or new nexus phone(s) imo.

Otherwise just get a moto x 2014 pure edition. Crazy promo's on that lately. Last I read they dipped it to $299 or something.
What's the ETA on the first two? OPO(Two) still using the invites that don't matter anymore? Seems the One isn't anymore. Didn't think either of those would slot under $400

What's the ETA on the first two? OPO(Two) still using the invites that don't matter anymore? Seems the One isn't anymore. Didn't think either of those would slot under $400

They'll still be doing invites at first but they said they'll give out more of them or something.

Nexus phones won't be until september/october.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
No surprise OPO went 810. It's probably super discounted.

They are clocking all cores at 1.8ghz to keep the 810 cool on the OP2. It is also more expensive for them than the 801 they used last time.

i'm surprised that Intel hasn't offered them some free Atoms. i mean, it's crazy how even with the 810 being so bad Intel still can't move any product.

or maybe you only get the Atoms for free when you buy Pentiums.

They'll be leaked around then at least but available November 1st if memory serves?
google said Android M is coming in Q3 didn't they? Usually they launch with nexus phones. July/aug/sept is Q3 in September. So I figure Q3. But yeah maybe M will come first to other devices rather than launching with nexus, that'd be new though.

Saiyan-Rox

google said Android M is coming in Q3 didn't they? Usually they launch with nexus phones. July/aug/sept is Q3 in September. So I figure Q3. But yeah maybe M will come first to other devices rather than launching with nexus, that'd be new though.

Final release is scheduled for then yeah. Its strange google would change up the release for the Nexus devices now since from the N4 they released in November. But I'm all for an earlier release.

Final release is scheduled for then yeah. Its strange google would change up the release for the Nexus devices now since from the N4 they released in November. But I'm all for an earlier release.
I just realized my sentence made no sense hahaha. But yeah I'd love september. You never knwow, maybe they've been working on these ones for a while.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Everytime I see someone with a OPO, I want to drop some change in their cup of coffee.

I think I've seen two OPOs out in the wild IRL. In canada it's all iphone and samsung with the occasional nexus 5 (a lot of businesses give these to employees and carriers push it as the $0 option a lot).

So I've been wanting a new phone for awhile now since my 2013 Moto X has been feeling pretty slow and I think the battery is going on it. Ended up buying one the other day and I have to admit.

The Fire Phone isn't nearly as bad as the whole world has been complaining about.

Furyous

• 5" screen (Not 6)
  • Unlocked
  • 1080p preferred
  • $200-$400

I recommend the Moto X 2014 or the LG G3.

So I've been wanting a new phone for awhile now since my 2013 Moto X has been feeling pretty slow and I think the battery is going on it. Ended up buying one the other day and I have to admit.

The Fire Phone isn't nearly as bad as the whole world has been complaining about.
condolences

Anyone with a g4 wanna buy my free battery, charger and 32gb sd card from the promo???
I'll give you 20 bucks.

Did you miss the boat when it came out at 650 bucks and 2012 specs?

Bboy AJ

Do you live in Ohio? I guess we don't have that many poor people here, I see more Tesla S85s than OPOs.
I live where people would be ashamed to brag about something as mundane as a Tesla.

Did you miss the boat when it came out at 650 bucks and 2012 specs?
Well the hate was definitely justified at launch, but from the price drop in November it's become a great device at $199/$180.

Took me 2 minutes to install Google Play and the device is so snappy compared to some other Android phones I've owned.

Talon

North Korea?
image.php

danthefan

So my Xperia Z1 got it's Android 5 update the other day and my battery life seems to have gone to hell. Is this a common thing? Lasting less than a day now.

Saiyan-Rox

Anyone with an N6 on the M preview getting no data anymore? this is about the 6th time today i've had to restart my N6 because my data connection is just gone and won't come back.

Saiyan-Rox

Nope, had data all day. Hell, been streaming video all day.

Ugh I re-flashed M yesterday and it was okay for a bit and now it's doing it again....I hope my phone isn't on it's way out I dunno what I did with the damn crappy receipt Carphone gave me. A reboot fixes it for a bit then it'll just drop again.

Wreav

Banned
Ugh I re-flashed M yesterday and it was okay for a bit and now it's doing it again....I hope my phone isn't on it's way out I dunno what I did with the damn crappy receipt Carphone gave me. A reboot fixes it for a bit then it'll just drop again.

UGH THIS PREVIEW SOFTWARE UGH UGH UGH

You sound like the average Windows 10 thread poster.

Top Bottom