• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone with an N6 on the M preview getting no data anymore? this is about the 6th time today i've had to restart my N6 because my data connection is just gone and won't come back.
Sounds like a hardware issue.

Groof

Anyone with an N6 on the M preview getting no data anymore? this is about the 6th time today i've had to restart my N6 because my data connection is just gone and won't come back.

I get this on my N5 running the M preview. I just turn flight mode on and off and it fixes itself.

Milpool

Ugh I re-flashed M yesterday and it was okay for a bit and now it's doing it again....I hope my phone isn't on it's way out I dunno what I did with the damn crappy receipt Carphone gave me. A reboot fixes it for a bit then it'll just drop again.

I used to have this problem with the N5 after flashing certain ROMS, a re-flash usually fixed it. Still get random wifi "!" issues with the N6 running M though. Turning off background scanning makes switching wifi off and on again actually attempt to reconnect, and it only happens every few days rather than every few hours with background scanning off.

GuessWho

Should I get the g4 or wait to see what's available? Ie new nexus.
The LG is really nice and really tempting. Comes with extra memory card, second battery, leather case and charging cradle.

Saiyan-Rox

I get this on my N5 running the M preview. I just turn flight mode on and off and it fixes itself.

I used to have this problem with the N5 after flashing certain ROMS, a re-flash usually fixed it. Still get random wifi "!" issues with the N6 running M though. Turning off background scanning makes switching wifi off and on again actually attempt to reconnect, and it only happens every few days rather than every few hours with background scanning off.

Good to hear other people have the same issue. it's been fine all day today not 1 issue but then again this problem only appeared recently. ah well sure there should be an OTA soon.

Estellex

Anyone excited that the new version of Android that is coming up is going to have a granular permission feature?

This was something that was needed A LONG time ago.

NotBacon

Anyone excited that the new version of Android that is coming up is going to have a granular permission feature?

Eh I didn't really care in the first place. I'd rather have it just ask for permissions all at once. Oh and I don't download shitty apps.

EmiPrime

Yeah it's pretty great, same with the battery life optimisations even though Google strangely forgot to exempt Android Wear app from those by default.

Hopefully we'll get Now on tap in preview 2 in the next week or two.

RuGalz

cm has it for a while so it's not new to me. ironically, denying Google service from randomly wakes up my phone from deep sleep = single best battery saving thing to do with those controls.

Groof

So what's up with the M preview taking photos upside down in some apps? I have to take snaps with my phone upside down to make the picture right side up

Quasar

Playing around with doubletwists Cloudplayer. Pretty interesting. A pretty simple option for a music locker service that streams flac and alac audio. Now I have a use for my tb of onedrive storage :)

For some reason the airplay streaming does not work for me, googlecast streaming does though. Anyone played with this and got airplay working?

thuway

I really wish they improve the speaker quality on the next Galaxy Note. I've been with Samsung for so long because they are the easiest to root and install custom ROMS alongside the amazing OLED.

Galaxy Note 4 at 6 inches with front facing speakers would be a dream phone.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So what's up with the M preview taking photos upside down in some apps? I have to take snaps with my phone upside down to make the picture right side up
Careful. You don't want to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of it. Otherwise, the Beta police might...

It's a beta.

...chime in. Ugh. I hate it when you try to discuss beta software and these people come in and try to defend any discussion on it.

Mrs needs a new phone as the camera on her LG G2 is pretty poor. Can't be too expensive (under £300, and the closer to £200 the better as she'll only drop/scratch it) so was looking at last year's flagships. The S5 seems to come out on top when it comes to the camera image quality/capability, and general specs are pretty good as well. Thoughts?

More Moto X 2015 leaks. First we saw the one with the wood back and now here's this:

B13W9fs.png

Husker86

Careful. You don't want to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of it. Otherwise, the Beta police might...

...chime in. Ugh. I hate it when you try to discuss beta software and these people come in and try to defend any discussion on it.

Well, I mean, that's probably the reason for the issue. You can discuss it, but what more can be done or said besides filing a bug report?

Anyway, the whole camera deal sucks on Android. For the app I'm working on that has to use a custom camera (rather than just kicking out to the OEM one) I had to make several checks to determine how the phone is giving me the picture. Different OEMs handle EXIF differently, spit the data out differently...it's ridiculous. I don't understand why there couldn't be a standard.

When even Google can't get it right every time (you would think handling pictures would be a "learn it once and done" kinda thing, new beta release or not), then that just shows how big of a mess it is.

Well look at that...I guess more can be said about it!

Mrs needs a new phone as the camera on her LG G2 is pretty poor. Can't be too expensive (under £300, and the closer to £200 the better as she'll only drop/scratch it) so was looking at last year's flagships. The S5 seems to come out on top when it comes to the camera image quality/capability, and general specs are pretty good as well. Thoughts?

yes.

Saiyan-Rox

+1 if you want to check bugs/ discuss the Beta and it's issues you shouldn't be subjected to "its a beta" posts :/ WE ALREADY KNOW THAT!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
That Moto G blows.

Virtually the same specs 3 years running.

To many other low cost options these days to buy the G IMO.

Should have gone with the Snap 615.

Needs to be SD 615. Hell if Alcatel can make a 250 phone with it Moto can just up the price a bit. Keep the 400 series on the E. This is cheapness at its finest.

Bboy AJ

The amount of people who ask if my SW3 is the Apple watch is too much....
I get that all the time, too. I wish it looked like an Apple Watch. That's far, far better looking than any Android Watch out there.

Top Bottom