• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I'm now subscribed to Verizon edge and can now upgrade every April. Only question is, Note 5 or Nexus 5(2015) next year. Samsung will have the better screen and specs, but Nexus will have the software advantage. This is going to be hard, glad I have 10 months.

jyoung188

Just got a S6 Edge yesterday after being an iPhone user since the 3G. I love it so far but does anyone have suggestions for earbuds that control volume and pause and play music with a decent mic for calling? I find the Samsung ones that come with it super uncomfortable. I listen to podcasts 90% so sound quality isn't super important, just as long as spoken word sounds decent and I have volume and playback control.

Estellex

I can't believe how good the iPhone 6 camera is compared to the Note 4's camera in terms of point and shoot.

There is still motion blur/lens blur when you move while you are taking a picture with the note 4, but with the iphone 6's camera it is significantly reduced.

Did they fix this with the s6?

Mindwipe

I can't believe how good the iPhone 6 camera is compared to the Note 4's camera in terms of point and shoot.

There is still motion blur/lens blur when you move while you are taking a picture with the note 4, but with the iphone 6's camera it is significantly reduced.

I've not done a side by side, but I definitely felt the s6's point and shoot performance was significantly better than the Note 4 (and indeed any other Android handset I've ever tried).

Presumably you mean the iPhone 6+ here with it's OIS?

Wreav

Banned

The S6 will still blur worse than the iPhone in lower light situations, but with good light, the shutter speed is as fast I'd say.

3phemeral

Does anyone else have issues with Google Calendar on their tablet? Editing a repeated appointment should prompt the user if they want to edit only this event, or all events in the series, but this doesn't occur on my tablet. It works for the phone version, though.

Software = Built by teenagers in their basements
Hardware = built by oneplus who have had horrible issues regarding camera, touchscreen, capacitive keys, screen issues.

The specs themselves are pretty good

Hardware is also built by teenagers in Chinese factories.

VoxPop

Wasn't there an official Kickstarter app out for Android?

I'm pretty sure I saw one month's ago or maybe that was iPhone. =/

iPhone only. Just got a design overhaul actually.

The mobile site isnt bad though.

I love Sony and the Xperia line more than any other Android phone. I just wish they would get their shit together so they can have their phone on multiple carriers in the US and not the weird v version on Verizon.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CIH4KmgWEAAe_zO.png

didn't some folks in here say they'd buy the next flagship that has usb type-c?

I'd be pretty surprised if all phones coming late in the year didn't have type C.

Anyway it will be hard to buy something without it that's for sure. Hope the LG nexus has that and a fingerprint scanner and I'm GOOD.

What does USB type c do?

it's much better designed (reversible), faster, more power. It's a good standard jump.

goober

So I'm using my dad's nexus 7 (older version I believe) and it's really slow. He made a new user profile for me so it's him (the owner), me, and my mom.

Is there any way to speed it up and make it more responsive? I cleared the cache already.

Saiyan-Rox

I'd be pretty surprised if all phones coming late in the year didn't have type C.

Anyway it will be hard to buy something without it that's for sure. Hope the LG nexus has that and a fingerprint scanner and I'm GOOD.

With the way Google are pushing the fingerprint stuff i'm sure it'll have it but type C is 100% at this rate.

I honestly think the phones coming up will be pretty good. Moto X 2015 is shaping up mostly. OP2 is seemingly going all out. Possibly two nexus phones to choose from. You know the Note 5 will be good for those that want that.
With the way Google are pushing the fingerprint stuff i'm sure it'll have it but type C is 100% at this rate.
I'm in a constant state of denial when it comes to a good nexus phone. If it has those things, it's huge as fuck, and has a good battery in it I will finally be happy. Camera I'll take a decent one even. I'm willing to concede that! Will be great if it was all good though.

linkboy

Just got a S6 Edge yesterday after being an iPhone user since the 3G. I love it so far but does anyone have suggestions for earbuds that control volume and pause and play music with a decent mic for calling? I find the Samsung ones that come with it super uncomfortable. I listen to podcasts 90% so sound quality isn't super important, just as long as spoken word sounds decent and I have volume and playback control.

Have you tried the LG HBS headphones.

I have the HBS-750's and I haven't haven't had any issues with them.

That's if you're looking at Bluetooth headphones.

Saiyan-Rox

I honestly think the phones coming up will be pretty good. Moto X 2015 is shaping up mostly. OP2 is seemingly going all out. Possibly two nexus phones to choose from. You know the Note 5 will be good for those that want that.

I'm in a constant state of denial when it comes to a good nexus phone. If it has those things, it's huge as fuck, and has a good battery in it I will finally be happy. Camera I'll take a decent one even. I'm willing to concede that! Will be great if it was all good though.

Nexus always have something lacking and tbh if it's the camera that lacks over everything else i'd be fin with it.

I've become accustom to the size of the N6 now so I think the bigger Nexus if they are indeed doing 2 will be the one for me this year as long as it has the scanner of course.

Blegh I hate waiting I wanna see them now!

Nexus always have something lacking and tbh if it's the camera that lacks over everything else i'd be fin with it.

I've become accustom to the size of the N6 now so I think the bigger Nexus if they are indeed doing 2 will be the one for me this year as long as it has the scanner of course.

Blegh I hate waiting I wanna see them now!
if we really are getting 5.2 inches and 5.7 inches I think it's near perfect in terms of options. 5/5.7 would have been better but meh. As long as they both share the same features.

Sucks we haven't had a good leak in a minute.

popeutlal

So it looks like OnePlus One has issues with Tmobile LTE bands. It doesn't support newer LGE bands. I think I might go with ZenFone 2 instead.

jwk94

I've done it. I've really done it.

I bought a Moto X.

You'll be fine. I've had mine for two weeks now and it's great. THe only thing that sucks is the mic for voice commands. It doesn't pick up "ok Google" and the Moto voice commands well.

Top Bottom