• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Kuros

I think the apps (iPlayer/4oD aside) are on par with any other TV OS. I think the potential is what has me interested. You try sideloading anything?

Not as of yet. Apparently sideloading the iplayer and BBC media app doesn't work (streams dont play)

Also afaik sideloading is harder on TVs. You can't just stick an APK on a thumbstick and load it up you have to ftp into the TV. Which is pretty convoluted.

Potential wise its brilliant though and I think it's a great OS.

One thing I just noticed you can't FF/RW in the Google play music app. From what I understand before the recent patch there were a crazy amount of bugs judging by Amazon reviews. I haven't noticed any.

Possible Sony 4.6 inch phone. Maybe the Z4 compact.

The Sony E5663 sports a 4.6-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels, thus being the first Sony smartphone with a 1080p screen that's smaller than 5 inches.

Moreover, the upcoming handset has a 20.7 MP rear camera, and a 13 MP front-facing camera - Sony could certainly present it as a selfie phone. Other features seemingly include a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6795 processor, 3 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal memory, and Android Lollipop.

EmiPrime

My phone tells me my unlock code is correct but my data is corrupted. Presumably happened when my phone ran out of battery on the way home.

If I have lost all my pride photos and videos from today I will be seriously pissed off.

EmiPrime

My phone kept telling me to factory reset it because of data corruption and couldn't be unencrypted but on the third power off and on again I got back in!

Glad I kept trying, stupid phone scaring the shit out of me.

Volotaire

Could someone help me with a problem?

Moto G OG here with Lollipop.

When playing Twitch archive videos, I get audio but no video /picture I. E a black screen no matter the video quality setting. Any ideas why and a solution? Thanks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Could someone help me with a problem?

Moto G OG here with Lollipop.

When playing Twitch archive videos, I get audio but no video /picture I. E a black screen no matter the video quality setting. Any ideas why and a solution? Thanks.

Have you tried clearing cache and or data for the app?

jokkir

I uninstalled the Facebook app and now my phone, once sluggish, is now flying. I don't understand how an app can make such a difference on performance.

(although, I need to test more but so far so good)

Jacir

I uninstalled the Facebook app and now my phone, once sluggish, is now flying. I don't understand how an app can make such a difference on performance.

I did this ages ago. Really don't understand how the app is over 200 megs and shitty.

Google is doing good at keeping the Nexus specs on lockdown while leaks about every other fall phone are coming out weekly.
actually if this androidpolice original leak is accurate, it will be the earliest the new nexus device(s) leaked ever I think

The LG Bullhead (remember, sea creature code names) will have a 5.2-inch screen and a battery in the neighborhood of 2700mAh. The capacity is not completely decided, but neither is the ARM chip. LG is currently planning on a Snapdragon 808 in this device. That's the same hexa-core chip used in the LG G4. Bullhead would basically be the 2015 Nexus 5 everyone has been begging for.

Also throw in possible dual camera setup and fingerprint scanner for that one. And their leak on the huawei version:

The Huawei Angler will apparently be a somewhat more hefty device with a 5.7-inch screen. For better or worse, the information we have says Huawei plans to use a Snapdragon 810 in this Nexus. Again, that might change before release, or maybe it'll be fine with the additional time to tweak performance. The battery capacity in Angler is said to be 3500mAh. This is more or less a 2015 Nexus 6, but with a slightly more manageable form factor. Both phones should be out in the usual Nexus time frame around October.

Those quotes came out 1 month ago. It'll be fun to see how accurate they were if at all come September/Oct.

actually if this androidpolice original leak is accurate, it will be the earliest the new nexus device(s) leaked ever I think

Also throw in possible dual camera setup and fingerprint scanner for that one. And their leak on the huawei version:

Those quotes came out 1 month ago. It'll be fun to see how accurate they were if at all come September/Oct.
Oh god, the 810 returns. Well that rules out the larger nexus then. Nexus 5 it is!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I don't see how the new big Nexus is an upgrade over the current 6. USB C and fingerprint reader aside. Battery, too, I guess.

Fine.

That app eats up so much ram, even when you're not using it. I've been using Tinfoil for Facebook and it works great as an alternative.

Blackhead

Redarse
I don't see how the new big Nexus is an upgrade over the current 6. USB C and fingerprint reader aside. Battery, too, I guess.

Fine.
Bboy AJ
Talks to himself
I won't buy a new device if if doesn't have USB C. It's now mandatory.
USB-C is the future and if you can buy a phone today, you should instead wait for the USB-C phones. It's a big jump. It's not some spec thing like 1440P. Keep your microport USB today and good luck finding cables two years down the line, especially when Apple switched, too.
ヽಠ益ಠノ

AndroidGAF (or XDA or /r/Android) will never be satisfied by any Android phone no matter how objectively advanced it is...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Fine.

In terms of general usability I've said we hit a plateau with the 801 let alone the 805. Your talking fractions of a second difference on just general shit like loading up apps or using the launcher or whatever.

Now it's just all of the peripheral stuff like camera and battery life and other general innovations like the fingerprint scanner.

I actually think it is a really big jump. If you get a phone one year then the next iteration next year. More often than not the difference isn't noticable in day to day activity. Even if the specs are a bit better in every way.

But things like fingerprint scanners and whatever else change the way you use your device in a big way every day. That's just me though. Doesn't always apply though if you bought a phone on the cusp of the obvious next big update. Like 6S to iphone 7 I'm sure will be different.

Isn't the Oneplus 2 also using the 810? I remember someone posting a statement from Oneplus saying that the newest chip doesn't have any of the previous problems like overheating. I'll wait to see if that holds up before worrying about the next Nexus 6.

Isn't the Oneplus 2 also using the 810? I remember someone posting a statement from Oneplus saying that the newest chip doesn't have any of the previous problems like overheating. I'll wait to see if that holds up before worrying about the next Nexus 6.

Xiaomi also said that and it turned out it was a complete farce.

Is this the OnePlus 2? Maybe. Those are dope bezels if true. Fingerprint scanner looks like it's there too:

p2InYiN.png

YBnifHq.png

This whole wooden back thing might be the ugliest trend android designers have become obsessed with.

And that's saying a lot my friends.

edit: HTC rumours for all:

HTC Aero tipped for release by Sprint, among other places, in early Nov. Despite being "One" branded, classified as an intermediate device.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Man, why is it smaller than N6?

Bboy AJ
Talks to himself

ヽಠ益ಠノ

AndroidGAF (or XDA or /r/Android) will never be satisfied by any Android phone no matter how objectively advanced it is...
Nothing in my quotes is contradictory.

Is this the OnePlus 2? Maybe. Those are dope bezels if true. Fingerprint scanner looks like it's there too:

p2InYiN.png

YBnifHq.png
Front looks nice. If this has a larger than 5.5" display (preferably OLED, but I can deal), a big battery, and stereo speakers, I'll be seriously considering getting one. Well, assuming the revised 810 they're using doesn't actually turn the phone into a portable heater, and if the price is still inexpensive like the first one.

Edit: Looks like both the top and bottom bezel have speakers. Nice!

Edit: Hmmm, this could be a fake.

hey gaf, I was wondering if anyone knew of an alternate youtube app I could use? I hate that the official app doesn't let you lock the phone and listen to something, or open another app while keeping the music playing in the background. I used this app called diyTube (or something like that) once, but I uninstalled it and can't find it again. anyway if someone knows of an app like this I'd really like to try it out. thanks.

Top Bottom