• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Someone posted this on reddit. It's true and it's the reason there are other updates/apps/games that are on iOS first. It's easier to code for what now, 6-7 iOS devices? As opposed to thousands of different types of android phones out there.
Ok guys you heard em, lets pack it up and move to iOS. Shut it all down, its over.

IF IF the One Plus 2 does figure out the 810 issue, I'd kill to have one one Verizon. But we know Verizon will never have a CDMA killer phone for $400...

Furyous

If the OPO2 was 4.7 inches I'd buy it without question. Instead I'm stuck waiting on the LG Nexus to hold me down.

Thankfully someone said fuck One Plus and their one feature per week advertising scheme.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah but so far what I've found requires changing settings when you want to do certain things or not restarting the phone (to keep that message off). And the link you sent me requires root.

The networks are inherently incompatible unless you root and do some fiddling.

Sorry your SOL other wise.

If the OPO2 was 4.7 inches I'd buy it without question. Instead I'm stuck waiting on the LG Nexus to hold me down.

Thankfully someone said fuck One Plus and their one feature per week advertising scheme.

Eh it's not a bad way to do things. Full feature list is leaked out anyway already and we know the full launch will be July 29th.

Wreav

Banned
Yeah but so far what I've found requires changing settings when you want to do certain things or not restarting the phone (to keep that message off). And the link you sent me requires root.

You need to change the APN settings regardless, if you haven't.

jwk94

You need to change the APN settings regardless, if you haven't.

Any specific number I need to input? Or is it just a setting toggle?

And while we're at it, I'll be switching to T-Mobile too next year. Is there anything I should know about what phones won't give me access to all the features on their network? I just need a GSM-capable phone, right?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Google doesn't care about Android. Google cares about Google.

EmiPrime

4.0 doesn't address any of the real problems Hangouts still has so I find it difficult to care.

Hangouts needs way more than minor usability improvements.

Wreav

Banned
Moto at 5.5'' with an 810...save us, Nexus.

Rumor is this is a verizon exclusive Droid and the X3 will be an 808 with a smaller screen.

So... what's the latest on the Uno+dos?
check the leak from two pages back which or may not be real. That plus a late july reveal. That's about it. USB c/fingerprint/810 confirmed.

Moto at 5.5'' with an 810...save us, Nexus.

Rumor is this is a verizon exclusive Droid and the X3 will be an 808 with a smaller screen.
nexus is pretty much the only thing I'm starting to care about this year. LG...don't fail me. Or else I wait yet another year into 2016.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Any specific number I need to input? Or is it just a setting toggle?

And while we're at it, I'll be switching to T-Mobile too next year. Is there anything I should know about what phones won't give me access to all the features on their network? I just need a GSM-capable phone, right?

You need to specifically check to make sure all of the bands match. Funny enough Android Central just did a post about this over the weekend!

Android Central

Most of Google's iOS design decisions have no place in iOS. I have no idea why they keep replacing standard UI elements that look fine as they are with far uglier versions - things like the selection scroll wheel, the fonts, the drop shadows, the header styles, even swipe to go back are implemented horribly.

Although it's probably just me since everyone else seems to think it looks good.

Drifters

check the leak from two pages back which or may not be real. That plus a late july reveal. That's about it. USB c/fingerprint/810 confirmed.

nexus is pretty much the only thing I'm starting to care about this year. LG...don't fail me. Or else I wait yet another year into 2016.

It's getting the 810b tho right?

foladar

Is there a way to see what apps are slowing down your phone? I've got an old Note 2, on Tmo and my phone seems super slow lately.. uninstalled Facebook already since I'd heard it was terrible. Would go with a new subsidized phone, but Tmo doesn't do that and the other carriers are $$$ for data compared, anyway.

DedValve

Banned
Factory Reset your phone, add one app at a time back.

this is exactly what I did. Despite telling my htc one m8 to backup I lost all my contacts :(

I at least had the good sense to backup all photos on my computer.

So now I'm starting fresh and it immediately went and updated to lollipop. What are some must have apps?

I have nova launcher prime (no idea why I spent money on this but *shrugs*). Any other good launchers, etc. I hate pretty much stock anything, not good. My phone is really used for texting, web surfing and google hangouts with the occasional email read here and there. I wanna keep it fast. Been looking at a bunch of top 10/20/50 lists but I'd thought I'd ask what gaf uses.

Mostly just texting, phone app, launchers, calendar and of course delicious free icon packs.

EDIT: And a good cover app. I was using this really cool one (I think called just "cover") but it wasn't compatible with lolipop and had no music buttons.

DedValve

Banned
No one should store the contacts only locally on the phone or sim card at this age...

I had it as a cloud backup but for some reason it didn't backup. I never lost my contacts switching from various windows phones (over 3 years ago) to a ton of android phones and even an iphone once but now it just decided to delete everything.

RuGalz

I had it as a cloud backup but for some reason it didn't backup. I never lost my contacts switching from various windows phones (over 3 years ago) to a ton of android phones and even an iphone once but now it just decided to delete everything.

How did you back it up? I never think about having to backup contacts because it's just in my email account. Pretty much any of them would let you sync the contacts with the phone so you never have to worry about losing it or even both to "backup".

VoxPop

Yea the one that is still overheating? Great.

Perfect for winter time <3

Why doesn't everybody just go with the Exynos proc and boycott Qualcomm? Is it that much more expensive?

Just saw the pics of the OP2, barf. It's like the Moto X and LG G series had a miscarriage.

Yup, 2.1. The same chip in the Z3+ and Z4......
Wait, wait. Are you completely sure the Z3+/Z4 is using v2.1? Because that would kill any desire I had to get the OP2 knowing that the Z3+/Z4 still overheats like hell.

Goddammit, fuck you Qualcomm for this even being an issue in the first place. I shouldn't have to worry about this type of BS when looking for a new phone.

le goog

oXUL2s4.png

WoodWERD

What do you guys think about the Honor 7 from Huawei that was just announced? It's looking like it'll be my next phone, unless there's something better coming out by late August when I'll be in the US. And is dual-sim really worth spending the extra money on, say if I visit the US or SE Asia a couple months out of the year? Or is it more for people with roaming issues?

http://www.androidauthority.com/honor-7-meizu-mx5-vs-621434/

Hasney

I had an email from Virgin Mobile on Monday that offered a no up-front cost £25 a month contract that got you both a G4 and a LG Watch Urbane. I don't think it's selling.

Top Bottom