• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Jigolo

hey gaf, I was wondering if anyone knew of an alternate youtube app I could use? I hate that the official app doesn't let you lock the phone and listen to something, or open another app while keeping the music playing in the background. I used this app called diyTube (or something like that) once, but I uninstalled it and can't find it again. anyway if someone knows of an app like this I'd really like to try it out. thanks.

The official app does support those features tho

Settings --> Background & Offline
Not all phones have that setting, my note 4 doesn't.
11692643_1088048674558659_7519564463406445420_n.jpg

Do you think the nexus 5 2015 will have back buttons like its LG siblings? I need to update from my G2 but I don't think I want to go back to side/top buttons. At least everything points to the fingerprint scanner being located in the back, right?

Groof

Do you think the nexus 5 2015 will have back buttons like its LG siblings? I need to update from my G2 but I don't think I want to go back to side/top buttons. At least everything points to the fingerprint scanner being located in the back, right?

If the previous N5 is anything to go by the answer is most likely no. Google seems fond of their side buttons. But honestly, the rear mounted keys are perfect for finger print sensors.

no way to know really

someone needs to leak the hardware :(

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
How would anyone know

Talon

Let me bust out my time machine.

Pachimari

It really sucks YouTube are charging for letting me listen to a video while having my screen off.

Next time I'm gonna upgrade to a new phone, I'm gonna make sure it has great battery life, one of the best cameras, 64gb of internal memory and at least a 5.5" screen.

This LG G3 will only last me another year I think. So I'll be on the look out next summer or fall.

It really sucks YouTube are charging for letting me listen to a video while having my screen off.

Next time I'm gonna upgrade to a new phone, I'm gonna make sure it has great battery life, one of the best cameras, 64gb of internal memory and at least a 5.5" screen.

This LG G3 will only last me another year I think. So I'll be on the look out next summer or fall.

just get an iPhone 6S+

Pachimari

just get an iPhone 6S+

lol I was thinking the exact same thing, dude pretty much described it. Though if he waits till next year it will be a 7+.
Nah, I jumped to Android last year and have been very satisfied with my LG G3. I just regret I didn't buy the 32gb version instead of the 16gb one.

I think I will keep an eye on OnePlus, LG and Nexus.

I need that SD card slot for all of my media and removable battery.

My number has been transferred, WiFi issue fixed (seems I just had to Forget my connection, and reconnect), only one very small issue remains

Even though I transferred my number, it still shows the number that came with the new contract in my contact list for Myself, and it seems I can't edit it

Obviously just adding a new contact with my actual number isn't really an issue, but I'd prefer to just edit the existing contact. Any tips?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
How can I back up photos online from an older phone? My sister has an old piece of shit Samsung running 2.3 and is looking to upgrade to something newer. I want to be able to put the photos online so she doesn't have to worry about losing them when she gets a new phone. The Photos app is only available on 4.0+.

How can I back up photos online from an older phone? My sister has an old piece of shit Samsung running 2.3 and is looking to upgrade to something newer. I want to be able to put the photos online so she doesn't have to worry about losing them when she gets a new phone. The Photos app is only available on 4.0+.

Dropbox, Box, OneDrive.

or do you just mean Google's Cloud?

Wreav

Banned
Damn, Hangouts 4.0 on iOS is actually pretty nice. UI is a lot slicker. Really like the new attachment interface. Very slick.

Yuuuuuuuup, as usual.

They are though. We've already seen a preview.

Things like swipe to get back to convo list? No?

tumblr_maxczv4mF01qh2e19.gif

The awful, sad truth is that there are programmers at Google who actually can make a beautiful, functional app. It just gets reserved from the upper crust of mobile users. Those dirty Android One users can take their shit and like it.

Pachimari

So I just cleared all of my data and cache from my Chrome app, as it kept crashing, and now my tabs are seperate cards in the multitask window.

I'm on Android 5.0.

This is the first time I see this. Is there any way for me to get the old function back, of just having my tabs in the Chrome app itself?

So I just cleared all of my data and cache from my Chrome app, as it kept crashing, and now my tabs are seperate cards in the multitask window.

I'm on Android 5.0.

This is the first time I see this. Is there any way for me to get the old function back, of just having my tabs in the Chrome app itself?

Yeah, there's a setting in Chrome for it. I always think it's really cool when I get a new device with it on, then I end up with 64 tabs open and switch it back to the old way.

jwk94

Guys, I need some help please and thanks. I gave my girlfriend my Verizon GS5 to use with her TMobile account. So far, her data isn't working, but she can make calls and send texts. Also, there's a "this isn't a verizon sim card" message in the notification tray. How do I enable data and remove this message?

Jigolo

Google doesn't care what app gets updated first or what platform users are on...they want you to use their services...whether that be on iOS, android, or the Web. iOS app team is different than the android Team...they also have WWWAAAAAYYYY fewer devices to code for, making it much easier to and faster on them.

Someone posted this on reddit. It's true and it's the reason there are other updates/apps/games that are on iOS first. It's easier to code for what now, 6-7 iOS devices? As opposed to thousands of different types of android phones out there.

Top Bottom