• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

It's July where is my M OTA update
lol when it comes to google I always assume when they say a quarter they mean the last possible day. So September 30.

The real question is, will M be the first Android OS to launch on other devices before new nexus devices (assuming that's true). Or will new nexus launch in Q3 rather than Q4 this year.

edit: or did google just lie about Q3. I forgot that valid option.

9NJhhfP.jpg

Is this real life?

I think pretty much everywhere online I've read puts the S6 above the LG in battery life but I thought the S6 had crappy battery life (according to GAF which would mean the G4 has even crappier battery life). I really want to wait a bit to see the Nexus and the new iPhones but damn my G2 is making it harder every day :(

I think pretty much everywhere online I've read puts the S6 above the LG in battery life but I thought the S6 had crappy battery life (according to GAF which would mean the G4 has even crappier battery life). I really want to wait a bit to see the Nexus and the new iPhones but damn my G2 is making it harder every day :(
I've read the complete opposite in most places

but the G4 definitely has worse battery than the G3. But should still handily beat the S6. Might as well just wait at this point.

I've read the complete opposite in most places

but the G4 definitely has worse battery than the G3. But should still handily beat the S6. Might as well just wait at this point.
OK, I'll try to wait.

My screen has been acting out lately, weird random presses and my camera has a black spot that doesn't disappear :(

My sister has a cricket phone with a bunch of bales in AT&T stuff. I think that is preventing her contacts syncing only. Is there some idiot proof app she can use to back them up that I can tell her to use?

this_guy

My sister has a cricket phone with a bunch of bales in AT&T stuff. I think that is preventing her contacts syncing only. Is there some idiot proof app she can use to back them up that I can tell her to use?

I have an AT&T Moto X and it would piss me off that whenever I try to open the Contacts app, the AT&T phone book would hijack it. I went into the settings and disabled the AT&T app and things are much better now.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
lol when it comes to google I always assume when they say a quarter they mean the last possible day. So September 30.

The real question is, will M be the first Android OS to launch on other devices before new nexus devices (assuming that's true). Or will new nexus launch in Q3 rather than Q4 this year.

edit: or did google just lie about Q3. I forgot that valid option.
But the ota schedule said end of June :(

j-wood

Nexus 6 Verizon GAF, apparenlty they have approved the 5.1.1 update as build 47Z. The VZW support site has the software update doc up. Has anyone gotten the OTA?

I had to get a new N6 from Moto and they shipped it to me with 47D as the build. I'm curious if I'll be able to get the OTA.

Nexus 6 Verizon GAF, apparenlty they have approved the 5.1.1 update as build 47Z. The VZW support site has the software update doc up. Has anyone gotten the OTA?

I had to get a new N6 from Moto and they shipped it to me with 47D as the build. I'm curious if I'll be able to get the OTA.

Just checked, and no OTA for my VZW N6 yet. :(

hitgirl

Are the new Moto X going to be made in USA? That was the biggest draw for me on the Moto X, but I'm just avoiding getting one because of the battery life. Is there going to be a 2015 Moto X that's about a 5.5" screen?

Wreav

Banned
Are the new Moto X going to be made in USA? That was the biggest draw for me on the Moto X, but I'm just avoiding getting one because of the battery life. Is there going to be a 2015 Moto X that's about a 5.5" screen?

There's a new Verizon Moto that's 5.5, likely the successor to the Turbo. The Texas factory got closed down last year.

longdi

Banned

LG is known to throw the kitchen sink to increase sales here. I ended up getting a G2 back then, at prices more befitting a mid-ship phone. :D

However i'm more wary of future LG phones after it took them a long time to get 5.0 into the G2. After upgrading, i kept getting random hangs when browsing the internet. That is also beside the flaky hardware quality (deadzone in upper right of the touchscreen, GPS stalling, getting hot after hours of 4G use). I faced non of these issues with Z2 on 5.0.2.

Thankfully the G2 is just a spare now, and sadly its performance is still very snappy. I dont see a need for an upgrade to octo-core 64bit chips..

LG wasted this year. Won't be surprised to see their decline happen quicker than usual. Not that the G4 is bad, it isn't, but I don't think they provided something compelling enough for a lot of people.

Next year they will have their big update I'm sure. Type-C, fingerprint scanner, whatever else. S6 apparently is doing worse than S5 (Which did worse than S4) so Samsung is going to have to do something but they'll probbaly further refine the S6. Hopefully with better battery. HTC needs to completely re-do EVERYTHING.

Wreav

Banned
From all the leaks we've seen, Moto is poised to blow this year too with no fingerprint and using the 810.

It's ok, iOS 9 is coming to save 2015 with native ad blocking.

Kuros

HMMM, I WONDER WHY

They might be forced to allow a way without rooting though if they feel it's a draw for iOS devices.

They allow adblock in the chrome store. I don't think it will be a particular stretch to think they may allow some sort of system in android eventually.

About the IOS ad blocker, is it just for Safari or system wide?

If so i can just see all the online blogs etc pushing people towards their apps.

Hasney

They allow adblock in the chrome store. I don't think it will be a particular stretch to think they may allow some sort of system in android eventually.

If so i can just see all the online blogs etc pushing people towards their apps.

Safari only. They're not going to block their own ad system in apps.

Hasney

Is it? The demo video I saw included Youtube videos, can't remember if they were playing within Safari though.

edit: they were playing in safari

Went by this:

http://uk.pcmag.com/mobile-operatin...-ios-9-ad-blocking-explained-and-why-its-a-ba

Who won't get screwed by mobile Safari's content blocking? Apple's iAds. That's because Apple doesn't do ads for the browser—it does them in iOS apps. Those ads will never, ever be blockable. With the closed system that is iOS, any app that would try 1) wouldn't work because they wouldn't be targetable with JSON files or via protocols like HTTP, and 2) if it did work, Apple would ban it.

Obviously the last bit is conjecture, but it sounds like they're not blocked through iOS itself.

EDIT: you already edited!

AndyD

aka andydumi

Yep. More and more sites will simply move to apps. Ads in apps will never be natively blockable in either iOS or Android, because both platforms earn from those ads.

hitgirl

From all the leaks we've seen, Moto is poised to blow this year too with no fingerprint and using the 810.

It's ok, iOS 9 is coming to save 2015 with native ad blocking.

There's an Android fork that has native ad blocking. My friend has it on One Plus and it seems pretty rad.

3 variants of the OP2. Could be referring to storage capacity, maybe backplates/materials, who knows.

The three variants are codenamed A2001, A2003, and A2005. It’s unclear what the difference is between the models, although it’s entirely possible that it’s something as minuscule as the different storage capacities.

Further more regarding the OnePlus 2, the A2003 variant has appeared in the GeekBench benchmark database. The benchmark results of the device show that it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor clocked at 1.55GHz and features an impressive 4GB of RAM. The device received a single-core score of 1189 and a multi-core score of 4731. Some have speculated that the A2003 model of the device might be a more affordable variant with cheaper materials and a lower processor clock speed, but that’s unconfirmed at this point.

hitgirl

Was wireless charging announced as a feature of OP2? It's an awesome thing to have, I had plugging in those small USB plugs.

Top Bottom