• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

I have fingerprint logon with my work iPhone 5S, but I can still deal with just my normal non-locked GS4 just fine. I think I can manage not using finger prints.

RayStorm

Surface PRO 3 is the best tablet you can buy, money no object. It's basically a real PC which will always murder iOS and Android. Not sure why the regular Surface 3 would be suggested though. Sure, it's OK, but the app store is lacking.

Because the Surface 3 offers the same full Windows experience the 3 Pro offers. And while it only has an Atom for a cpu, that's actually quite plenty for most tasks. So the app store does not matter any more than it does with the Pro. So why wouldn't it be a suggestion if the Pro was a valid one?

Massa

My mom keeps getting SMS messages from scammers every day. Is there a way to filter SMS by content? They use a different number every time so blocking the number is not enough. The scam spam tells her to call a certain number, so if I can filter out messages that include that number that would be enough.

Currently using Hangouts.

Revenant

So I need to buy a replacement phone off contract for verizon and my upgrade isn't until april 2016.

What's the best course of action here:

-buy a phone from a legit store and take the gut punch that is buying a new phone 400-600 at 400-600 dollars

-buy a moto x from the website at 300 for verizon and feel the gut punch that is buying a soon to be outdated x when the new one is announced in a few months.

-buy a phone from the depths of the internet and suffer the potential gut punch of getting a phone that isn't actually new or doesn't work correctly

- keep using my galaxy nexus until april of next year and punch myself in the gut every day for being an idiot and breaking my current phone

anything is on the table but I normally don't have to replace phones until my upgrade is available so I'm not sure whats the best place to buy a verizon phone off contract since it seems like the lack of GSM on verizon hurts as far as replacing a phone.

So I need to buy a replacement phone off contract for verizon and my upgrade isn't until april 2016.

-buy a phone from a legit store and take the gut punch that is buying a new phone 400-600 at 400-600 dollars

-buy a moto x from the website at 300 for verizon and feel the gut punch that is buying a soon to be outdated x when the new one is announced in a few months.

-buy a phone from the depths of the internet and suffer the potential gut punch of getting a phone that isn't actually new or doesn't work correctly

- keep using my galaxy nexus until april of next year and punch myself in the gut every day for being an idiot and breaking my current phone

anything is on the table but I normally don't have to replace phones until my upgrade is available so I'm not sure whats the best place to buy a verizon phone off contract since it seems like the lack of GSM on verizon hurts as far as replacing a phone.
zenfone 2 until april

look at swappa?

Check Swappa for a Droid Turbo used. Should last you until that upgrade.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Buy a refurb from a fairly reputable company.

hitgirl

I can't take it no longer Googy. Got a T Mobile sim card coming my way. I'm gonna wait the week or two to see what the One Plus Two looks like, if it's expensive I'll just pickup a pure Moto X edition for $250-300. Use it for a year until the 2015 Nexus or Motos are down to my magic price range of $250-300.

jwk94

How would I install the gs6 or gs5 camera onto my Moto X? I really liked the voice command feature and the Moto x's camera is too complicated.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Zenfone 2 stays winning IMO for best phone $300 or under. Both models are much faster than all of the 410 phones, and you get a FHD screen with at minimum 2 gigs of RAM.

Lacks the random issues of the OPO, and the cheaper model has way better hardware than the Moto G.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just got the new 5.1.1 OTA prompt on my N7 2013. Hopefully this means my N7 is done shitting the bed with the battery drain/ charging issue.

HeySeuss

I just got the new version of Android on my Droid Turbo. Seems ok other than the white keyboard for typing. I can't find a setting to turn it back to the dark color scheme.

popeutlal

Zenfone 2 stays winning IMO for best phone $300 or under. Both models are much faster than all of the 410 phones, and you get a FHD screen with at minimum 2 gigs of RAM.

Lacks the random issues of the OPO, and the cheaper model has way better hardware than the Moto G.
Just ordered the gold version of Zenfone 2 today. Yay.

The margins on these $600+ phones must be insane.

I just got the new version of Android on my Droid Turbo. Seems ok other than the white keyboard for typing. I can't find a setting to turn it back to the dark color scheme.

Should be down in the keyboard settings. Settings > Language & Input > Google Keyboard (under Keyboard & input methods) > Appearance & Layouts

Wreav

Banned
Running a barebones basically stock skin to boot.

Why is the unlocked 128 GB S6 $200 more than an iphone? I don't see it the value proposition AT ALL. Can someone show me where the extra $200 comes from?

screen/camera/wireless charging/android

But I agree with you actually, I don't think it's worth the extra $200. Some people obviously do.

Furyous

screen/camera/wireless charging/android

But I agree with you actually, I don't think it's worth the extra $200. Some people obviously do.

The shit is frustrating. I'd have an S6 right now if it didn't cost $1,029 off contract. I love the PPI, camera, wireless charging, and build quality. However, the cost is holding me back. I've thought about buying one on Att unlocked but the tax pushes it to almost $1000.

S7 needs an microsd card slot at the very least. Integrate the fingerprint sensor into the device and get rid of the hardware buttons.

Who's ready for a 512 GB future?

hitgirl

What's the best way to keep track of Moto X prices? I don't really wana sub to an Android blog because I don't want to see the junk articles. I'm gonna scoop up a pure edition Moto X when it hits $249 until the Nexus 6 hits $300 or 2015 Nexus hits my price range.

That note 5 render looks good. Mostly because of the fact it's a render. I know the phone will be fugly upon release because it will have SAMSUNG written on every inch of it.

Ughh I really wish I didn't care about my job. I know things I want to share!

But alas. Most of it is stuff that we know of already...just with more detail/dates. But there's one thing. That might be nothing. Might be something. Bah. Guess we will see. Just want to fast forward to nexustime already.
Nah, it'll look just like the S6 but bigger.

like the s6+ but bigger you mean lol

Husker86

Well if the sales are indication of the S6, the Note 5 is going to struggle the same, if not more, because of their recent design choices.
The sales of the S6 have little to do with the removed features, I feel. Did it even do worse than the S5? Sammy been lagging for more than a few months.

Wreav

Banned
Ughh I really wish I didn't care about my job. I know things I want to share!

But alas. Most of it is stuff that we know of already...just with more detail/dates. But there's one thing. That might be nothing. Might be something. Bah. Guess we will see. Just want to fast forward to nexustime already.

like the s6+ but bigger you mean lol

Not that you WOULD pm me some details that I could push to upleaks, because that would be silly...just imagine a world where that DID happen.

lol the only problem with my leaks is they wouldn't be rumours so much as they would be facts that not many people I assume would have access to.

It's too easy to narrow down goddamnit. But yeah if you ever see me acting excited about something and using lots of capital letters you'll know :p

Top Bottom