• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Lol I remember Sprint's LTE from when I had them. People defending their 4mbps bullshit. They have a garbage tier network and moving to T-Mobile was a great decision for me.

Jigolo

Lol you're kidding!!!

You have LTE with Sprint if you're within 50 ft of one of their towers. Otherwise, your signal bar says LTE but you're only getting 500kbps

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's the carrier I can truly say sucks. At least down here in SoFla.

With Sprint it is always about a better tomorrow. They have been promising things will get better for 10 years and hoping people don't realize they are full of shit. I stayed with them for 7 years due to the price I was paying, but you couldn't even use a smartphone as a smartphone, since the internet was too slow to do anything.

Verizon dumping CDMA won't happen, or at least not for a long while. They will lose control of their phones if they do. I'm just saying that because Verizon is just that evil.

I got the best buy one unlimited everything plan for $55. Comes out to like $80 after taxes.
I don't know if I'd ever pay that much for a plan, let alone Sprint. But if it works for you then I can't judge.
still on DAT SERO P $50+TAX+BS = $54.xx

i swear every few months it goes up or down a few cents.
Haha Sprint is (literally) nickel diming you every couple of months.

If there any possibility VZW will ever change away from CDMA?

VoLTE and the full 4G/LTE deal is a GSM technology. They are moving over to it fully... eventually and away from CDMA for their phones. When this will happen, we don't really know. I think it will only happen when their 4G coverage is the exact same as 3G and 1X.

The new Google Photos app is so bad, HTC recommends to uninstall it. Not surprising. 2 out of 3 times it fails to load anything on my phone. It's just a spinning circle. When I want to share a picture, I usually have to go to the camera app and go through the camera roll. Such a downgrade.

Husker86

The new Google Photos app is so bad, HTC recommends to uninstall it. Not surprising. 2 out of 3 times it fails to load anything on my phone. It's just a spinning circle. When I want to share a picture, I usually have to go to the camera app and go through the camera roll. Such a downgrade.
That's odd, it has worked great for me. Even got my Mom to use it and upload all of her pictures from her computer to the service and she loves it.

Speaking of Google Photos, it recognized my seven year old niece back to the week she was born. So damn cool.

hitgirl

Anyone know if Motorola is pretty good with returns on the Moto X? I'm pretty sure I want one, was going to order now because I have a coupon code and by the time it gets here the OnePlus 2 will be out. I'm thinking there's a slim chance I'll get the OnePlus 2 because it will be too expensive, but ya never know.

Chorazin

That's odd, it has worked great for me. Even got my Mom to use it and upload all of her pictures from her computer to the service and she loves it.

Speaking of Google Photos, it recognized my seven year old niece back to the week she was born. So damn cool.

Works great for me too, uploaded all my pictures from ages ago with no problem, loads super quickly. No complaints here!

Wreav

Banned
Anyone know if Motorola is pretty good with returns on the Moto X? I'm pretty sure I want one, was going to order now because I have a coupon code and by the time it gets here the OnePlus 2 will be out. I'm thinking there's a slim chance I'll get the OnePlus 2 because it will be too expensive, but ya never know.

Yeah, it's stupid easy, even if you customized it through MotoMaker

thats weird, I really love the app. Runs great for me

this_guy

Sounds like an HTC problem. HTC phones are so bad they can't even run Google Photos.

Oh god....my Moto X 2013 (AT&T) got its Lollipop update today!! Just finished doing a factory reset as I tend to do after these big software updates to be safe and now I'll be exploring lollipop.

thespot84

Oh god....my Moto X 2013 (AT&T) got its Lollipop update today!! Just finished doing a factory reset as I tend to do after these big software updates to be safe and now I'll be exploring lollipop.

really sped things up for me. I went without a reset for 2 weeks, but reset last night. Really liking it except for those few things lollipop sucks at (like volume control)

Anyone know how to achieve the following scenario?

"OK Google, start a run" opens up Google Now and want's a confirmation to start Runkepper. I have to press the blue check-mark to start Runkeeper - what's the point? I don't want to use my phone to achieve this, only Google Now and voice commands.

soe4RBc.png

How can I bypass this and just start Runkeeper?

Thanks!

John Gruber (inb4 bitching) was talking about the new ad blocking coming in ios9 and how good it does on examples like iMore, and he brought up a good point:

I love iMore. I think they’re the best staff covering Apple today, and their content is great. But count me in with Nick Heer — their website is shit-ass. Rene Ritchie’s response acknowledges the problem, but a web page like that — Rene’s 537-word all-text response — should not weigh 14 MB.

It’s not just the download size, long initial page load time, and the ads that cover valuable screen real estate as fixed elements. The fact that these JavaScript trackers hit the network for a full-minute after the page has completely loaded is downright criminal. Advertising should have minimal effect on page load times and device battery life. Advertising should be respectful of the user’s time, attention, and battery life. The industry has gluttonously gone the other way. iMore is not the exception — they’re the norm. 10+ MB page sizes, minute-long network access, third-party networks tracking you across unrelated websites — those things are all par for the course today, even when serving pages to mobile devices. Even on a site like iMore, staffed by good people who truly have deep respect for their readers.

With Safari Content Blockers, Apple is poised to allow users to fight back. Apple has zeroed in on what we need: not a way to block ads per se, but a way to block obnoxious JavaScript code. A reckoning is coming.

It's especially true on android if you browse on "heavy" pages the battery drains like a mother fucker. ESPECIALLY on chrome as well. Google will never block ads that's for sure but they need to find a way to force better ones.

Why not run some forks of Android that have add block on a OS level. My friend has that on his One Plus and it's slick.
I hate flashing and all that jazz. Not my thang. I've used other ad blockers built into browsers and they're never that good or really intensive.

Top Bottom