• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

SimleuqiR

lol the only problem with my leaks is they wouldn't be rumours so much as they would be facts that not many people I assume would have access to.

It's too easy to narrow down goddamnit. But yeah if you ever see me acting excited about something and using lots of capital letters you'll know :p

Just let me know that you are excited for the Nexus 5 (2015).
That's all I need to know.

Just let me know that you are excited for the Nexus 5 (2015).
That's all I need to know.
I have zero clue about the nexus 5-2 from LG. That's a nexus device I don't have any idea on.

Too bad it's the only thing I care about. If I knew something about it I'd probably make it obvious lol.

OnePlus-2-will-have-1GB-of-RAM-more-than-its-predecessor-but-thats-not-all.jpg

The specs for the One Plus 2 look scrumptious. However, given their terrible QA and customer service, the higher the price goes, the less interested I become in taking that gamble.

I'm hoping for $399 or less with a massive battery, but we shall see.

VoxPop

dem 1+2 specs doe

an actually non overheating 810 + a nice unibody metal chasis will have me on board

care zero fucks about the phone if its going to be on their stupid invite system again though

The specs for the One Plus 2 look scrumptious. However, given their terrible QA and customer service, the higher the price goes, the less interested I become in taking that gamble.

I'm hoping for $399 or less with a massive battery, but we shall see.

I believe the battery is gonna be 3800mah if rumors are true. Their qa sucks, but if you dispute through PayPal it is easy. You basically get 6 months to return through PayPal and get a full refund. I want it to be $399 or less too.

Note 4 jank is starting to get to me a bit. There's no reason why I should be able to press the recents key then go grab a glass of water, come back and have that shit still barely popping up

Nothing on the horizon interesting at all either besides a nexus phone if done right

OnePlus 2 should be much easier to get from the start. They are going to produce many more from day 1 so shouldn't be hard. Hopefully the invite thread here comes back alive to help also.

Barring a OP2 fuck up it's looking like a decent fallout plan if google screws up the nexus 5-2, which is very possible.

Still concerned about size though. OP1 was huge, even for a 5.5 inch phone. LG G3 that shit bezel wise or use a smaller screen.

Barring a OP2 fuck up it's looking like a decent fallout plan if google screws up the nexus 5-2, which is very possible.

Still concerned about size though. OP1 was huge, even for a 5.5 inch phone. LG G3 that shit bezel wise or use a smaller screen.

You saw the leaked pics right? Bezel is much thinner since it looks like they did away with the capacitive buttons.

That 2,700mAh battery rumor for the 5.2 LG-made Nexus has me legit shook. They can't be that dumb, right?

So what's the difference between the Moto X and Nexus devices?

Moto X is always a mid-range device. Specs-wise, the Nexus line tends to aim higher -- though, you can argue they often fall short in some key areas (camera and battery). Also, updates usually come to Nexus phones first. That's about it.

That 2,700mAh battery rumor for the 5.2 LG-made Nexus has me legit shook. They can't be that dumb, right?

Moto X is always a mid-range device. Specs-wise, the Nexus line tends to aim higher -- though, you can argue they often fall short in some key areas (camera and battery). Also, updates usually come to Nexus phones first. That's about it.
2700 isn't terrible if it remains 1080p. If they go QHD though....fml.

But at 1080p it wouldn't be great but it wouldn't be bad at all I think. Guess we'll see.

hitgirl

Have you checked Amazon? My pockets hurt thinking of $1,000+ going towards a smartphone. That's two a half months rent in 675 square foot apartment. That's the next gen experience (X1+PS4+games).

My idiot co-workers at my other job have the edge. One was crying because it got cracked two weeks after having it, no insurance, and the other was SUPER bummed that the keys in his pocket scuffed his screen.

Same. Next year I'm going with T-Mobile's unlimited wal-mart plan.

That's the plan to get right? Seems almost too good to be true. That's the one I'm getting, got my starter pack on the way. Hello 25+mbps connection, goodbye 4mbps on VWZ. I guess the way to get the plan is to buy a starter pack, use the information on the package to sign up for the plan through the website.. I tried to go into a store and get it and the customer service guy had no clue what I was talking about, even called them up on the phone and they didn't know. I felt like a crazy person.

That's the plan to get right? Seems almost too good to be true. That's the one I'm getting, got my starter pack on the way. Hello 25+mbps connection, goodbye 4mbps on VWZ. I guess the way to get the plan is to buy a starter pack, use the information on the package to sign up for the plan through the website.. I tried to go into a store and get it and the customer service guy had no clue what I was talking about, even called them up on the phone and they didn't know. I felt like a crazy person.

Nah that plan is pretty great. Obviously the 100 minutes of voice can be bothersome when you might occasionally have a longer phone conversation. But with Hangouts, you can just call via WiFi and it won't count against your minutes. The issue with that is if you're mobile and you start out on WiFi and switch to mobile data. You'll lose the call. And of course if the WiFi is iffy, you'll drop calls.

Other than that, it's all good. And T-Mobile is continually expanding their network.

jwk94

My idiot co-workers at my other job have the edge. One was crying because it got cracked two weeks after having it, no insurance, and the other was SUPER bummed that the keys in his pocket scuffed his screen.

It seems like the best plan. You have to get it from Wal-Mart since T-Mobile themselves don't sell it. But you get unlimited data and text with 100 minutes.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Pyro, will I personally care about your info? I kind of want to know already.

I'll be in for a 1+1 2 if they maintain the screen size or go bigger.

But since work and other stuff got in the way, consider me surprised that I woke up (this morning) to a software update on my Note Pro 12.2 and my work phone the Note Edge. Took Samsung a while, but they finally got updated. The former being the biggest surprise of mine.

RuGalz

wtf Googy, I can cast iHeart radio to chromecast but not Android TV? Pandora works on both so it must be app dependent but whyyyyy.

Pyro, will I personally care about your info? I kind of want to know already.
on the stuff I know most about, no. On the thing I'm unsure about, probably. It's not about the LG nexus. Definitely not about that one.

But yeah not much on the good stuff, just vague. Like I said if I see something worth being excited about I'll make it semi-obvious :p

Anyone know if OnePlus has plans for a complete stock rom for Android M/Lollipop like they did with KitKat? I really want to jump ship from my iPhone since they finally have the features that kept me attached to Apple and with the recent updates killing off homeshare to force me into Apple music I'm over it.

Anyone know if OnePlus has plans for a complete stock rom for Android M/Lollipop like they did with KitKat? I really want to jump ship from my iPhone since they finally have the features that kept me attached to Apple and with the recent updates killing off homeshare to force me into Apple music I'm over it.
There might be one eventually but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Their new Oxygen OS is basically stock.

Also why not wait for nexus phone(s)?

hitgirl

Does anyone have that $30 Wallmart plan? Does the 5GB limit rollover at all, if you dont use it all? Their other prepaid plans do.

There might be one eventually but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Their new Oxygen OS is basically stock.

Also why not wait for nexus phone(s)?

Just a personal preference. And it looks like Google is deadset on trying to attract the high end crowd and I'm not ok with another 600 dollar phone and OnePlus is saying all the right things combined with Android M it's really attractive right now.

it's all going away soon anyway. i think i'll ride out this unlimited data and grandfathered sweet plan a bit longer. plus those GSM dudes don't have the coverage i need in SWGA.

Top Bottom