• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

So Android M really is shaping up to be awesome. The system UI tuner really looks to be the AOSP version of the stuff you'd find in custom ROMs.

Back when I had a Nexus, I never used the stock firmware as only custom ROMs offer the type of customization I want; something OEMs don't even offer. If Google keeps heading in this route, I'd likely never need to use a custom ROM again.

Groof

Kakao Talk and LINE are broken for me on the latest M preview. Can't send messages. Heads up for you who use them.

So Android M really is shaping up to be awesome. The system UI tuner really looks to be the AOSP version of the stuff you'd find in custom ROMs.

Back when I had a Nexus, I never used the stock firmware as only custom ROMs offer the type of customization I want; something OEMs don't even offer. If Google keeps heading in this route, I'd likely never need to use a custom ROM again.

good to hear, i also stop using custom ROMS lately ....hope they allow us to install those custom roms ...

I was reading the AMA for the oneplus 2 and someone asked about the 810 and they said:

We recently released an OTA with fixes for touchscreen issues and from what we've seen the reception has been really good. For the OnePlus 2, there's been extensive (like, really extensive) testing all the way through the process and I'm confident our hardware and software guys are on top of things.

lol, just makes me laugh for some reason I'm not even sure why.

7b05STO.jpg

I don't know why blackberry is still under the impression that people care abour their security THAT MUCH with the advent of BYOD and rise of the iphone and whatnot. I feel like the only enterprise companies that use blackberries just do it for the same reason a lot use internet explorer. They're just ingrained in that shit for the time being and too cheap/lazy to get off it.

The company I work for used to be all blackberry until this year now it's a couple of android phones and iphones that dominate. The discussion of security has never once even been brought up and it's a massive corporation.

I was reading the AMA for the oneplus 2 and someone asked about the 810 and they said:

Well they are down clocking the cores to 1.8ghz and they will have control over the thermal throttling so I'm sure will be fine. Is someone going to make a new invite sharing thread? I need this phone. The extra T-Mobile LTE bands will be appreciated.

Jacir

If I was in charge of BB, I would focus most of the mobile business in the globàl south. Focus on Africa, south america, and south asia basically. Don't know if India and China give a damn about BB. Like there is still potential for anyone to become a player in the globàl arena.

SimleuqiR

Is Jailbreaking still a thing on iOS?
The great thing about custom ROM community is that you get some great practical ideas. Google would do best to take the best of the best and implement them into stock.

Found out I have a company discount with AT&T and may actually switch over to them from Verizon. AT&T has about the same coverage as Verizon, but having all the GSM bands is going to be so good at getting more phones. Also, I'd get more data a month by switching as well.

You have LTE with Sprint if you're within 50 ft of one of their towers. Otherwise, your signal bar says LTE but you're only getting 500kbps

¯_(ツ)_/¯

That's the carrier I can truly say sucks. At least down here in SoFla.
I get 40/10 at work and 30ish/8 at home with spring in Houston so I don't care otherwise

Hasney

Frigs sake, new Inbox update has changed the vibration to a double vibration just like SMS messages. I used to like to differentiate the two.

Rnr1224

I just flashed an M Rom after wiping my internal storage and now something is up with my /sdcard directory. I can't download anything or put anything onto the phone from a computer. Any suggestions? Im thinking I may need to just format the SD card again.

Wreav

Banned
Note 4 updates are making the device worse and worse, don't do it.

Got full on with the Note 5, get that DDR4 and Exynos goodness in your life.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Frigs sake, new Inbox update has changed the vibration to a double vibration just like SMS messages. I used to like to differentiate the two.

There is an app called coffee? that lets you customise SMS notifications so you can differentiate.

More confirmation of a huawei nexus as if we needed it. Huawei is also apparently going to help google bring the play store to china somehow.

I know there's a huawei phone coming to carriers in sept. Might be diff though. Maybe huawei will be the carrier widespread nexus 6 style one and LG will be the one only sold on google play.

yyzjohn

Banned
I don't know why blackberry is still under the impression that people care abour their security THAT MUCH with the advent of BYOD and rise of the iphone and whatnot. I feel like the only enterprise companies that use blackberries just do it for the same reason a lot use internet explorer. They're just ingrained in that shit for the time being and too cheap/lazy to get off it.

The company I work for used to be all blackberry until this year now it's a couple of android phones and iphones that dominate. The discussion of security has never once even been brought up and it's a massive corporation.

Same here, I work for a massive company and you can use whatever phone you want now, used to be only BB. As long as you install their security software (MaaS360) you're good to go.

Derek Ross
Shared publicly - 3:59 PM

Oh hello Bullhead. LG Nexus, 1080p screen, 5.2 inches.

I just had this pop up in [redacted]. Enjoy a tiny teaser. Happy Friday!

Brand: google
Manufacturer: LGE
Model: bullhead
Operating System: Android
OS Version: M
Screen DPI: 480
Screen Height: 1776
Screen Width: 1080
Phone Info: Name=bullhead, Board=bullhead, Device=bullhead

Derek Ross

1080p screen GOD BLESS

dopemethodz

Neo Member
Derek Ross

welp, will buy day one if true

thx for that

Affordable Nexus 5.2 and OP2 would be outstanding for Android and for this year. Watch them both be under $450 and take a TON of sales away from Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony.

Affordable Nexus 5.2 and OP2 would be outstanding for Android and for this year. Watch them both be under $450 and take a TON of sales away from Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony.
the latter won't happen but it will be glorious to get the nexus 5-2 and a whole other nexus and a potentially good OP2 to choose from. We haven't even seen Moto X 2015 either as well.

Jigolo

Yeah 1440p is like a half step. My next tablet will have a 4K display. For phones I really don't care as long as it's 1080 or higher.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
One Plus continues building their reputation as a device manufacturer for poors who are willing to sacrifice a lot to save a few bucks.

And because we own the end-to-end user experience on e-commerce, we can capture their address, their credit card information, even their biometric information
"So next time, with the OnePlus 4 or 5 a few years down the line, when they receive the phone it’s already logged in and already has everything set up according to their preferences, already has their biometric information. The entire friction of making a purchase or a customisation just decreases so much more. This will lead to higher engagement.”

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/10/oneplus-affordable-smartphones-two-carl-pei?

Top Bottom