• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

GtwoK

What is this I'm hearing about a new Nexus 5?

This hadn't come to my attention until today (maybe it hadn't cropped up until today either), but I've been seeing mention of it on reddit a bit. Is there a new model of the Nexus 5 in the works? Are there any rumours of what it might have, hardware wise?

What is this I'm hearing about a new Nexus 5?

This hadn't come to my attention until today (maybe it hadn't cropped up until today either), but I've been seeing mention of it on reddit a bit. Is there a new model of the Nexus 5 in the works? Are there any rumours of what it might have, hardware wise?
Most recent leak is that there are 2 nexus phones in the works. One from Huawei (rumours say 5.7 inches) and one from LG (rumour says 5.2 inches). The latter would be the nexus 5-2. As for specs...not that many leaks really. Potentially 1080p, potentially 2800mah battery. Potentially a fingerprint scanner/type C.

Guess we will see. Hopefully this week we get another leak.

I hope they don't fully compromise on the specs of the smaller phone in any case.
Depends where you mean though. To me 1080p > QHD. Everything else will be standard fair I assume (camera/ram/etc...). Unless you mean in features like a scanner/type C. In that case I agree.

Lets be real though, google loves the nexus 5. This year proved it. They showcased it at every possible moment. I'm hoping they learned the error of their ways and are offering it again to re-live that. The huawei nexus is probably part of a bigger partnership with Huawei.

Volotaire

Depends where you mean though. To me 1080p > QHD. Everything else will be standard fair I assume (camera/ram/etc...). Unless you mean in features like a scanner/type C. In that case I agree.

Lets be real though, google loves the nexus 5. This year proved it. They showcased it at every possible moment. I'm hoping they learned the error of their ways and are offering it again to re-live that. The huawei nexus is probably part of a bigger partnership with Huawei.

I sam'e with the screen. I'm talking about RAM/CPU/features. CPU less so.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Most recent leak is that there are 2 nexus phones in the works. One from Huawei (rumours say 5.7 inches) and one from LG (rumour says 5.2 inches). The latter would be the nexus 5-2. As for specs...not that many leaks really. Potentially 1080p, potentially 2800mah battery. Potentially a fingerprint scanner/type C.

Your wish has been granted!

http://wccftech.com/lg-nexus-5-2015-antutu-scores/

According to the latest leak, LG Nexus 5 2015 was able to obtain a score of 85,530 points in the latest AnTuTu benchmarking results. For comparison purposes, Galaxy S6, which is the best performing handset of 2015 in terms of benchmarking scores has been able to obtain a score of 68,157 points in regular mode and 52,665 points in power saving mode.

If those #s are legit no way is this shit housing a Snap 810. 820 here we go bitches!

Vanillalite

I still don't think it's true but I'm gonna be real even an 808 is good for me. And if they do a 5-3 next year with am 820 I'll be there.

Let's go have some coffee together!

61808104v9_350x350_Back.jpg

A lot of potential, eh?

Well, The Last Guardian, Shenmue 3, and FF7:R are all things now, so anything's possible these days, I guess. But then you remember you're dealing with something Android/Google-related and you sober up from the 'Believe!' high.

injurai

Banned
I'm having an issue where the id3 tags of the music I transfer to my phone doesn't seem to be recognized by android/apps. There is no way for me to sort the songs in track order.

However using an id3 tagging app I can view the files tags. Where I see all the data is there. Without changing I can merely click save and this fixes the files.

Any idea how to resolve this, manually fixing every single track is far to tedious. Especially if I want to move music off and back onto my phone.

EmiPrime

Today Apple Pay launches in the UK. Meanwhile still no ETA on Android Pay despite having NFC and Google Wallet since forever.

Googy pls get your shit together.

Not that I'd be able to use this even if I had an iPhone given Barclays don't want to support it seemingly...

ArchAngel

After owning a couple of iPhones and Androids, the N5 was the only phone I really "loved". Day 1 for a new LG Nexus. Sooo happy if the results are real, I hope it's the 820 with the new fingerprint reader they showed a while ago :)

Kuros

Today Apple Pay launches in the UK. Meanwhile still no ETA on Android Pay despite having NFC and Google Wallet since forever.

Googy pls get your shit together.

Not that I'd be able to use this even if I had an iPhone given Barclays don't want to support it seemingly...

Honestly we all have NFC on our cards anyway so I don't see the big thing with it.

It's not like the US where they still don't even have chip and pin!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Power is great but only if M allows native multitasking. Otherwise, I don't care about more power.

Mindwipe

Honestly we all have NFC on our cards anyway so I don't see the big thing with it.

It's not like the US where they still don't even have chip and pin!

Exactly. I can't think of anything worse than a payment card that runs out of batteries on a regular basis.

I already have all the contactless payment solutions I need. I can see the purpose of a web based one time code solution like Apple are doing, but handset contactless payments? Why?

kharma45

As long as there are no strings, I don't see the problem. He got one. If I were One Plus, I'd give it to him early, too. He's the widest reaching guy.

I'm sure other reviewers got it also. They just aren't saying anything about it yet, since there isn't much to say before the NDA is up.

Don't be so naive lads. All this '#hype' he's been posting about for the phone (and it's only him) and no doubt he'll be the only person with a review up for at least a week, and it'll be so glowing it'll be like having a second sun.

Getting a phone early for review isn't unusual, but with all the tweets, YouTube videos and Snapchat's he's doing it's clear as day he's being used to promote the phone. I'm happy to be wrong but seeing as it's OnePlus I'm very wary.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Don't be so naive lads. All this '#hype' he's been posting about for the phone (and it's only him) and no doubt he'll be the only person with a review up for at least a week, and it'll be so glowing it'll be like having a second sun.

Getting a phone early for review isn't unusual, but with all the tweets, YouTube videos and Snapchat's he's doing it's clear as day he's being used to promote the phone. I'm happy to be wrong but seeing as it's OnePlus I'm very wary.
He would be a real scumbag if he under handedly promoted the phone. I agree with you about being weary of One Plus.

Talon

He would be a real scumbag if he under handedly promoted the phone. I agree with you about being weary of One Plus.
What did you expect? Of course YouTube personalities (or Phandroid/Android enthusiast sites) are much more susceptible to exploitation by companies than established publications.

There are no checks and balances in place when it's a dude and his 3-4 buddies compared to an established site like Ars Technica or Anandtech.

I don't really have a problem with it as long as he is being transparent about everything that is going down. If he really does get an exclusive review he should mention why and whatnot.

Then I don't think it's a big deal.

kharma45

Gotta pay those college bills somehow. He's already promoting all of dbrand's stuff so it's not too far-fetched to imagine him doing the same here. Time will tell, I could just be very cynical and end up with egg on my face. It'll be interesting to see how long the gap is between all of his videos and the rest. By the sounds of it he's going to be drip feeding stuff out with the focus being the camera first.

Talon

MKBHD has always seemed to give his honest opinions on reviews though.
It's going to be hard to separate the fact that he definitely got exclusive, early dibs on the O+2 and the inevitable glowing review.

Because he was 80% likely to give the O+2 a glowing review because he's been so hyped for it.

Dbrandz, y'all. Dbrandz.

Vanillalite

The band serves no purpose and makes it look cheap.

At any rate it's all up to the pricing vs the hardware. Just another 410 phone won't cut it for me.

Top Bottom