• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Furyous

If the Nexus 5-2 actually does end up with the 820 then surely the 6-2 will also end up with the 820 right?

NO, because the six inch phone performs well as is. At best it warrants an S810. LG needs to show us what the 128 GB storage and microsd life is like on a Nexus device.

HawkeyeIC

Verizon Moto X (2013) might be on its last legs. Contract isn't up til end of September...what to do, what to do. Do I try to find a cheap G2 or something?

Edit: saved by a factory reset for now

NH Apache

Banned
So I get this now on my Sprint 5.1.1 s6 instead of the normal wifi connected message. It literally pops up over anything I'm doing.

6NQf9Cm.jpg

And it just shut down. Not an impressive build.

Hasney

Oh man. Please let the 820 news be true, and please let the price be under $400 again. I'd prefer the screen to be Nexus 6 size, but eh.

Yeah, I'm not changing from the Nexus 6 but just happy that there might be good Necxus devices out this year and will make me happy for when I upgrade next year.

terrier

that nexus phone from huawei looks really interesing, even more if note 5 from samsung follows the s6 route without expandable memory and removable battery. Hope camera is at least s6-G4-Note5 level and battery life also on par.

jesalr

So I get this now on my Sprint 5.1.1 s6 instead of the normal wifi connected message. It literally pops up over anything I'm doing.

And it just shut down. Not an impressive build.

That's a Sprint issue, not a build issue. Seems even iPhones are having this problem

Couple possible/temp solutions
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/com...itleheadbodysuccessbodyhtml/ct3v04d?context=3
https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/com...itleheadbodysuccessbodyhtml/ct3ujs6?context=3

And I'm out at the 5.7" screen. I hate this phablet direction we're moving toward.

LG one is 5.2in. 1080p screen too, FTW.

Oh man. Please let the 820 news be true, and please let the price be under $400 again. I'd prefer the screen to be Nexus 6 size, but eh.

Yeah, I'm reticent to go Huawei; they're completely untested, and the Huawei Nexus will likely command a similar price to the Nexus 6.

Yeah, I'm not changing from the Nexus 6 but just happy that there might be good Necxus devices out this year and will make me happy for when I upgrade next year.

I see so many people in love with their Nexus 6, and I just don't... get it. I've had every Nexus phone, and the N6 runs horribly once the up-time passes a dozen hours.

What's the big deal with 820 -- beyond it being the latest and greatest?

Not a piece of crap (supposedly), at least as fast as the current Exynos, if not quicker, and so on. Also, I think the 820 will allow on screen finger print scanning? Unless, I'm wrong? Sorry if I've been really misinformed.

this_guy

Sell me on Huawei. What's the best phone, in your opinion, that they've made thus far? How's their general build quality?

Huawei P8 is their flagship - nice build quality and camera, but a step below the the high end phones like the Galaxy S6. I was hoping they would bring it to the US and sell it at a cheap price.

Their P8 Lite isn't a bad phone at $250. It's unlocked and has all bands for both AT&T and T-Mobile. It's in that tier with the Asus Zenphone 2 and Alcatel Idol 3 - great midrange phones.

The downside is in all the reviews I've seen there are complaints about the software. Huawei tries too hard to make the phone more like the iPhone, and that also means there is no app drawer. I assume you should be able to switch to Google or Nova launcher and that should make things better.

Thinking of snagging a moto 360 for my G4. Will the Bluetooth always being in affect my battery in a terrible way? Figure not having to check my phone a lot will help

Top Bottom