• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

My dad was on the phone with Verizon this morning to fix a few things since our plan expired today. Changed a few things, blah blah blah. Then he had the gall to say something that pissed me off to no end. He said that because 4G uses a SIM card, Verizon can support almost any phone on the market...

Fuck you. Fuck you Verizon. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you... You lying sack of cock shit.

Given this was announced as part of M and pushed out early as part of Play Services, I'm afraid the answer is probably that Google hasn't finished building it yet.

Ahh I see, I may be ahead of myself here. Damnit, it works so well when not behind a lock screen.

What phone? When locked different phones allow different apps to fully start and some are limited to just phone (for emergencies)/camera and perhaps respond to a text. If unlocked, then all should run by voice. I would rather keep this limitation for security purposes as voice recognition is not perfect yet. That said one of the options is to allow trusted voice unlock, so maybe that will work for you?.

I have an HTC ONE M7, where can I find trusted voice unlock?

Same resolution and aperture as before.

capture-jpg.331750

NimbusD

Looks solid. They are launching the same day as the One Plus 2 lol. Big question is how is ZTE with Android updates? Also is it using ddr4 memory and USB type c? One Plus2 is coming in cheaper with those features.

Had a ZTE supreme on virgin mobile for about 2 years. No updates. Well 1, but fuck if I could tell what it did.

I'll tell you the phone stood the test of time as far as taking a beating over 2 years, expecially surprising considering how cheap it was. But have fun being stuck 2 versions behind on Android for as long as the phone holds up.

Okay, so I'm primarily a Chrome (Beta) user, but I still use the Samsung browser pretty much exclusively for watching videos. The reason is because when tapping on a video link in Samsung's browser, you'll get the intents dialog to pop-up which allows you to watch the video in a video app you have installed or just choose the browser's built-in player. With Chrome, tapping on a video link basically always opens and plays the video in Chrome's built-in player, which is terrible and is far worse than the Chrome player from much earlier versions.

TL;DR

Does anyone know if there is any way to get Chrome to trigger the intents dialog when tapping on a video link?

manfestival

is it me or is the new snapchat app a total battery hog? The only app I manage to run and now my battery life is like 75% of what it was before

yeah so cleanmaster just alerted me that the app just was using 50% of my CPU.... what is going on here?!
just went through 10% batter in 15 minutes

SimleuqiR

The two teams are separate, and one team has to code for a small number of OS versions and test on a small handful of devices; the other has to contend with forks and hundreds of different devices.

See above.

Oh I know. Still doesn't make my statement any less factual. iOS is top priority for the G. Only issue is that Apple controls it so they don't get the really integrated goodies like Google Now on Tap.

That ZTE phone is pretty legit specs wise but I still don't like that resolution and 5.5 is still pushing it for me.

I know the new droid leak was posted but not sure if the full pic was, new moto x all the way on the right:

jwk94

That ZTE phone is pretty legit specs wise but I still don't like that resolution and 5.5 is still pushing it for me.

I know the new droid leak was posted but not sure if the full pic was, new moto x all the way on the right:

that back on the new Moto X better not be slick and I hope it has Type-C and a fingerprint scanner.

that back on the new Moto X better not be slick and I hope it has Type-C and a fingerprint scanner.
it honestly doesn't look like it has a scanner...which is unfortunate for a late 2015 phone. Especially since chinese companies are able to do it on their low end phones.

My G4 had pretty bad battery life today. I've disabled pretty much all the bloat I can and never have location or anything with my screen at 26%. Nothing is out of the ordinary as far as use goes. Mainly some texting and a little browsing. No Facebook or anything.

My G4 had pretty bad battery life today. I've disabled pretty much all the bloat I can and never have location or anything with my screen at 26%. Nothing is out of the ordinary as far as use goes. Mainly some texting and a little browsing. No Facebook or anything.
Sounds like Android to me lol. Maybe try a factory reset and see if it gets better. Then add apps 1 by 1 :|

injurai

Banned

I just got my G4, maybe I don't use it super heavily yet since it's my first smart phone. But I've ended the day with 60% still left. I do try to close apps, but wi-fi and location are on. I keep my screen around 30-35%.

I most use it for texting, email, music, and some intermittant browsing.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
What were the top apps sucking down the battery?

Top Bottom