• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
I did it anyway.

My N5 is barely working, I need something to hold me over until the new Nexii drop in October. I'll prob flip the N6 on Swappa in a few months and wind up having rented it for like $40 when all is said and done.

Worth it when my current phone is only 16GB and the battery barely makes it to lunch.

Drifters

Who in their right f'ning minds releases a 16GB phone in 2015? I want to punch each of those mother fuckers right in their god damn faces for bring that shit to the table.

Fuck.....

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thinking of snagging a moto 360 for my G4. Will the Bluetooth always being in affect my battery in a terrible way? Figure not having to check my phone a lot will help

it is bluetooth low power and will be more than compensated for by not having your phone screen on as often.

worth jumping on something like the 360 or G Watch R as a cheap way to see if you get on with smartwatches, rather than paying a lot more for any upcoming models and finding out you hate them.

Kuros

Who in their right f'ning minds releases a 16GB phone in 2015? I want to punch each of those mother fuckers right in their god damn faces for bring that shit to the table.

Fuck.....

With the way they finally handle SD cards not as a separate partition anymore it doesn't matter as much now (assuming there's a slot, 16gb and no slot is a joke)

You said the idea of selling a 16GB model along side a 64GB model was stupid.

Sales data has proven out that Apple managed to make the perceived value of 64GB higher than Android has. So no, you're still wrong.

So because I think it's stupid that we still have a 16GB phones in 2015, regardless of sales, I'm just wrong? I'm not right or wrong, I just have an opinion. Also, it's Apple, they could basically deliver the phones with a piece of dog shit in it and it'll still sell like crazy. And yes, people still aren't the smartest either. I still hold to that too.

The Apple Watch sold well enough even though it's clearly not one of the better watches on the market, and an overpriced one too. The power of a brand.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
New Cheap Android Set Top Box from former Google Employees

They already kick started the tablet and shipped. People said they wanted a desktop.

$20 for 1 gig of ram 8 gig storage
$40 for 2 gig of ram 16 gig storage

d1ff03e4bc1c505eb3188nzanm.jpg

2d5d9c82e8e54453e35f2knby7.png

f1e66bc046d6e211250a4drxlq.jpg

f052157f3344e462da2bchey0e.jpg

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You say stupid, Apple says 92%.
It's not stupid, it's genius but pretty obviously anti-consumer. 16Gb is too little, 64Gb is more than most need, most will pay the premium for the extra storage they don't need rather than have too little.

Wreav

Banned
It's not stupid, it's genius but pretty obviously anti-consumer. 16Gb is too little, 64Gb is more than most need, most will pay the premium for the extra storage they don't need rather than have too little.
Ehhhh, I wouldn't call it anti consumer, exactly, plenty of Boomers that won't touch apps but want a good camera and phone experience. Blah blah blah right priced.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ehhhh, I wouldn't call it anti consumer, exactly, plenty of Boomers that won't touch apps but want a good camera and phone experience. Blah blah blah right priced.
I would imagine if a 32Gb version existed it would be the top seller. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think so. Not giving consumers what they want so you can upsell them for an extra $50 seems anti-consumer to me.

Saiyan-Rox

Yay i'm finally unbanned! :D Won't be posting again in the gaming forums I don't think.

Been keeping up with the thread while gone though. have to say i;m excited to see what the OP2 has in store for us but not too keen on it being smaller than the OP1

Also these rumours about a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus are very nice....

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I really don't get why Google doesn't do something similar sense chrome OS doesn't seem to be taking off.

Chromebooks are selling better than most people know.

Android OS in this form loses some of the simplicity, but you'd gain native access to all of Android.

Plus even retail when it's out this shit is only $50 for the max version.

Saiyan-Rox

I really don't get why Google doesn't do something similar sense chrome OS doesn't seem to be taking off.

Well they are trying to. Chrome OS does support Android Apps now. if they actually manage to allow all devs to do this (not sure if they already can?) then Chrome OS can take off quite well.

Google on the Chrome OS have been really quiet on the subject of that OS since the 2014 I/O

Chromebooks are selling better than most people know.

Really? I'd actually love data on that. I've really never seen one outside of a best buy.

Well they are trying to. Chrome OS does support Android Apps now. if they actually manage to allow all devs to do this (not sure if they already can?) then Chrome OS can take off quite well.

Google on the Chrome OS have been really quiet on the subject of that OS since the 2014 I/O

Yeah, it has been pretty quiet. Then again it's a low power OS, I don't think it's a priority for them.

Saiyan-Rox

Really? I'd actually love data on that. I've really never seen one outside of a best buy.

Yeah, it has been pretty quiet. Then again it's a low power OS, I don't think it's a priority for them.

it's a real shame. Tbh I wouldn't mind a full on chrome OS tablet.

I see the OPO website got a facelift.

Can I also just say how annoying it is to get a screen protector and tempered glass for the Nexus 6? No matter what I put on the screen massive Halo appear around the edges and it's driving me nuts.

This is what happens when you're off here for a month lol

Fuck.....

i swore that era would be over 6 months after the M7 launch. crazy that it's still going on. flagships should be 32GB minimum.

I wonder how much the huawei nexus will resemble the ascend mate 7 in terms of dimensions. That phone has really slim bezels. Comes in at a bit smaller than the nexus 6. If they went with 5.5 instead of 5.7 with similar bezels it could have been G3 but with better battery/everything.

I wonder how much the huawei nexus will resemble the ascend mate 7 in terms of dimensions. That phone has really slim bezels. Comes in at a bit smaller than the nexus 6. If they went with 5.5 instead of 5.7 with similar bezels it could have been G3 but with better battery/everything.

Would have rather it look like the Honor series. Much more classy.

gerg

I've finally decided to root my S4 in order to get rid of all the annoying Samsung bloatware on it. From looking around a bit online it appears that there is something called "Kingo Android Root" - does anyone have any other recommendations for software that I could use?

Specs of the new Samsung Gear A smartwatch leak.

Now, more information about the said wearable has been revealed, as part of the smartwatch's SDK availability for developers. According to a report by Sammobile, the Gear A (currently dubbed as "Project Orbis") will feature a 1.65-inch Super AMOLED display which has a screen resolution of 360 x 360. The insides are powered with an Exynos 3472 dual-core processor, which is clocked at 1.2 GHz, as well as a Mali-400 MP4 GPU, clocked at 450 MHz. 768 MB of RAM is on board, 4 GB of internal storage, and a 250 mAh battery. Sensors for the smartwatch include a GPS, a fitness tracker, heart rate monitor, gyro sensor, accelerometer, magnetic sensor, and a barometer.

http://www.neowin.net/news/samsungs-gear-a-smartwatch-specifications-get-leaked

Sounds pretty good. Announcement at IFA with the Note 5. I hope the Moto 360 is out by then.

Saiyan-Rox

Sounds a lot better than before. Invite begging was always lame.

I cant wait for the begging to begin again. have OP even said if the phone will be available worldwide from day 1? i'll probably end up getting one if I manage to.

the hunger for the original is still there. it was back in stock an hour earlier and now they're all gone.

Top Bottom