• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

thuway

I don't think the appeal to rush out and get 1+2 will be there if they don't hit a $299 price point. Too many great budget options out there. The $299 tag is what made it into a must have and even than had tons of issues. I'll wait for early adopters to scramble off and find out whats wrong with it.

kharma45

I don't think the appeal to rush out and get 1+2 will be there if they don't hit a $299 price point. Too many great budget options out there. The $299 tag is what made it into a must have and even than had tons of issues. I'll wait for early adopters to scramble off and find out whats wrong with it.

It's more likely to be $399 than $299

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Marshall (the amp company) London announced:

marshall-london-phone-1_3800.0.jpg

From nowhere, Marshall leaked plans this morning for a smartphone called London, which it designed with all of the retro style and texture of one of its classic guitar amps. It's a seriously cool look for a smartphone that no one else has really tried before. That's enough to put it on our wish lists, even if the specs inside of it could use a bump. This is a lower-end phone, with a 4.7-inch, 720p display, 2GB of RAM, a 2500 mAh (removable) battery, and a Snapdragon 410 processor. That at least means it has LTE, and the Moto E uses that same processor to power one of the best low-end phones we've seen.

https://www.marshallheadphones.com/mh_se_en/phones/london

pretty cool, imo

edit: except for the price, SEK 4,995 is like $584 good lord

Hi guys, I'm not hugely in the know when it comes to phone specs, but I'm wanting to upgrade and I was thinking either LG G4 or Sony Xperia Z3+ (Z4 elsewhere).

Which one is considered to be the better phone, or is it just personal preference?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hi guys, I'm not hugely in the know when it comes to phone specs, but I'm wanting to upgrade and I was thinking either LG G4 or Sony Xperia Z3+ (Z4 elsewhere).

Which one is considered to be the better phone, or is it just personal preference?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

G4 of the two, but WAIT IF YOU CAN.

As said just a few posts ago. There is zero reason to rush out and get a flagship now if you don't have too. IFA is in August, and the back half of the year's lineup should start to take shape.

The current best two flagships are the G4 and the GS6, but you'd be stupid to pull the trigger on either. Wait to see what Samsung drops with the Note 5 and how the Nexus rumors play out.

G4 of the two, but WAIT IF YOU CAN.

As said just a few posts ago. There is zero reason to rush out and get a flagship now if you don't have too. IFA is in August, and the back half of the year's lineup should start to take shape.

The current best two flagships are the G4 and the GS6, but you'd be stupid to pull the trigger on either. Wait to see what Samsung drops with the Note 5 and how the Nexus rumors play out.

Ok, thank you very much.

Whats the possibility of the Nexus or Note 5 having a mirco-SD card slot?

Biff

So my launch GS3 is on its last legs. Factory reset + extended battery got me a solid extra year out of this bad boy, but it's time to lay it to rest.

If my only mandate is roughly 5" screen (no bigger than 5.3"), are there any flagships rumoured for launch BEFORE September 2015?

Looking to bring whatever I get on vacation travels in early September. If nothing is on the horizon I'd probably go with the Xperia Z3 (not the Z4... Sd810 not worth the battery life downgrade IMO).

Hasney

Z3 is a solid choice. Motorola have something at the end of the month, but I'm guessing that'll be an 808/810 so I'd stick with the Z3.

Shame you've not got a couple more months, those Nexus devices are sounding hot and not the 810 kind of hot.

Vanillalite

So my launch GS3 is on its last legs. Factory reset + extended battery got me a solid extra year out of this bad boy, but it's time to lay it to rest.

If my only mandate is roughly 5" screen (no bigger than 5.3"), are there any flagships rumoured for launch BEFORE September 2015?

Looking to bring whatever I get on vacation travels in early September. If nothing is on the horizon I'd probably go with the Xperia Z3 (not the Z4... Sd810 not worth the battery life downgrade IMO).

Get the GS6. No reason for you to really consider anything else.

If there is zero chance of a mirco-SD card slot on the Nexus, and likely none on the Note 5 should I just go for a G4 if that is something that is important to me?

Was looking at phones today. Some thoughts.

That subtle curve in the G4 really turned me off.

S6 seems nice. Edge not enamored with it.

Fell in love with the Nexus 6 and the Note 4.

Really torn between the 2. Either is a huge upgrade to my dying s3. Leaning towards the Nexus 6.

Do Nexus 6 owners love or hate it?

Wish i could wait til fall but my s3 barely functions and my contract is up in 10 days.

Do Nexus 6 owners love or hate it?

Wish i could wait til fall but my s3 barely functions and my contract is up in 10 days.

Still loving mine after 8 months of use. Screen off "ok google" is my most used feature. At $500, definitely seems like a no-brainer. (Unless the Note 4 has also had price drops).

Vanillalite

My LG G3 just pinged I have an update?

It's 64 megs and I'm on AT&T. I thought only Verizon was pushing an update.

Will report back what it is as the internet says nothing. I seem to be ahead of the curve.

I think everyone who has a Nexus 6 loves it and the haters are mostly people upset at the size and the price increase over the Nexus 5.

I've had mine since launch, and it's easily my least favorite Nexus device. Performance is all over the place for me. The white balance on the camera is awful.

I actually love the size, for the most part. I have Android M on my Nexus 5, and that thing is so tiny now.

EmiPrime

I've had mine since launch, and it's easily my least favorite Nexus device. Performance is all over the place for me. The white balance on the camera is awful.

I actually love the size, for the most part. I have Android M on my Nexus 5, and that thing is so tiny now.

Ah fair enough.

PushBullet are doing a AMA. I'm expecting plenty of question dodging and acting ignorant whenever end to end encryption comes up.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ah fair enough.

PushBullet are doing a AMA. I'm expecting plenty of question dodging and acting ignorant whenever end to end encryption comes up.

Their current explanation seems fairly straight forward though. Granted I'm not an expert in encryption.

I finally decided to update my iPad 2 to iOS 8, holy fuck this shit suck.....I have no idea why some people think it's better than Android ....

Top Bottom