• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

EmiPrime

Their current explanation seems fairly straight forward though. Granted I'm not an expert in encryption.

They're being less than forthright on the topic.

Also that they are a startup running off VC money looking for a buyer makes me very weary given all the information they have access to. If Google buy them then great but otherwise...

AndyD

aka andydumi
They're being less than forthright on the topic.

Also that they are a startup running off VC money looking for a buyer makes me very weary given all the information they have access to. If Google buy them then great but otherwise...

True. They seem to say the info gets deleted if you hit delete, so perhaps if it comes time to be bought and we have concerns on who is buying we can hit delete and move on.

I don't know which update did it, but the Google keyboard word prediction is a lot better for me now. I'm able to tap out whole sentences with just the predicted words sometimes. It's still not as good as Swiftkey, but it's much closer than before.

kharma45

It's an iPad 2. Performance sucks balls on the thing no matter.

I for one am shocked that a device that's over four years old doesn't run the latest software well. Shocked.

How's the performance? I feel like mine went down the shitter, when I updated my iPad 4 to iOS 7.

8 has some jank but it's mostly fine on both my mother's iPad 4 when I tried it and my Mini 2. Still runs well on the likes of the 5 and the 5S from my experience with them as well.

Admodieus

What's our confidence level that this new Moto X will hit some/most of our expectations? Going to be profoundly disappointed if it's got the same battery (or only a minor bump over last year's), a similarly poor camera, and is 5.5" or bigger.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
What's our confidence level that this new Moto X will hit some/most of our expectations? Going to be profoundly disappointed if it's got the same battery (or only a minor bump over last year's), a similarly poor camera, and is 5.5" or bigger.

moto-x-3rd-gen-2015-551x980.jpg

welp

Over on G+, a Brazilian user by the name of Roger Pretto, who claims to work for Lenovo, posted a picture of a device that he referred to as the “Moto X 2015.” He also mentioned that this phone’s camera and battery “had a top upgrade.” The device can be seen below.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/1...resh-photos-of-the-3rd-gen-moto-x-and-moto-g/

EmiPrime

True. They seem to say the info gets deleted if you hit delete, so perhaps if it comes time to be bought and we have concerns on who is buying we can hit delete and move on.

That's an option but in the meantime if they get hacked things would get really ugly.

Google really need to step up and make PushBullet/MightyText/Airdroid redundant so we can have Android notifications and SMS on desktop OS without having to rely on third parties. Given the state of Hangouts that doesn't seem likely.

Saiyan-Rox

Was looking at phones today. Some thoughts.

That subtle curve in the G4 really turned me off.

S6 seems nice. Edge not enamored with it.

Fell in love with the Nexus 6 and the Note 4.

Really torn between the 2. Either is a huge upgrade to my dying s3. Leaning towards the Nexus 6.

Do Nexus 6 owners love or hate it?

Wish i could wait til fall but my s3 barely functions and my contract is up in 10 days.

Personally I really like my Nexus 6. The only issue's I have is the way a screen protector and tempered glass won't lay flat on the screen there are always masssicve bubbles around the edge (Halo) and it's super annoying. And the speaker increase from silent kills some notification sounds too (like hangouts message and the little sending noise the Google messenger has) those will be cut out at the start while the speakers turn on so I had to turn that off and use a different notification sound.

That's...a removable back.

No way the 2015 X is removable.

Its probably just a shell with no access to the internals.

Was looking at phones today. Some thoughts.

That subtle curve in the G4 really turned me off.

S6 seems nice. Edge not enamored with it.

Fell in love with the Nexus 6 and the Note 4.

Really torn between the 2. Either is a huge upgrade to my dying s3. Leaning towards the Nexus 6.

Do Nexus 6 owners love or hate it?

Wish i could wait til fall but my s3 barely functions and my contract is up in 10 days.

Note 4

Kind of glad I missed out on the Nexus 6 deal from Amazon. Ended up grabbing an Alcatel Idol 3 instead and I can just about type 1 handed on it so the N6 would have been impossible to work with.

Saiyan-Rox

this was the picture they posted and they said the oneplus 2 is underneath the oneplus 1.

It's pretty impressive to fit 5.7 in a smaller frame than a 5.5 but man sticking to 5.5 with the obviously same really slim bezel would have been killer.

last rumour still says nexus 5-2 is 1080p. I'm hoping :(

i'm getting impatient I just want to see it already!

Suck it's being shipped with 5.0 too (if any of that is true of course)

this was the picture they posted and they said the oneplus 2 is underneath the oneplus 1.

It's pretty impressive to fit 5.7 in a smaller frame than a 5.5 but man sticking to 5.5 with the obviously same really slim bezel would have been killer.

last rumour still says nexus 5-2 is 1080p. I'm hoping :(

BS. No proof. I have learned not to trust 1+

RuGalz

I guess they are getting rid of the bezel and the buttons for OP2. Doesn't matter though, anything with 810 is automatic no for me.

Well that's wrong. The phone is smaller than the OPO so I doubt they've managed to shrink the phone and increase screen size, and the camera samples MKBHD had we're all 13MP ones not 16MP.

Exactly. Bogus posting.

So for when the OP2 and Moto X 2015 comes out, I'm going to be switching to AT&T when I figure out which one I want.

Hasney

Almost bought one of those Sony Android TVs, but for some reason they've doubled the input lag on these sets compared to 2014. Going to have to try and find one of those instead.

Shame, I kinda like the idea of Android TV.

Almost bought one of those Sony Android TVs, but for some reason they've doubled the input lag on these sets compared to 2014. Going to have to try and find one of those instead.

Shame, I kinda like the idea of Android TV.

Yeah, I just got one, I've never noticed/been fussed about input lag with my old TV I don't think. It's still relatively decent, right?

Apparently OP2 CEO confirmed they are releasing two phones this year but I think we already knew that a long time ago when he said something similar about going after two types of markets. I guess the question is whether they're both being shown at their event or maybe that's just the more expensive one.

Hasney

Yeah, I just got one, I've never noticed/been fussed about input lag with my old TV I don't think. It's still relatively decent, right?

Yeah, it's an extra 15ms so I doubt it's a massive deal. The only reason I'm after it so bad as I finally realised why I'm better at Street Fighter and Rocket League on PC as my old ass TV has close to 70ms. Didn't know until I tried playing a rhythm game with no TV calibration.

Hasney

That volume wheel looks sweet. Can expect this to have an unnecessarily high price tag though.

$583 (Based on Sweden price) gets you a 4.7-inch 720p IPS LCD, a quad-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 410, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, an 8MP camera, a removable 2500mAh battery, and a MicroSD slot

Hot specs... If it was a watch.

Dueal headphone ports though.

Engadget said:
The London's music focus is a mix of hardware and software. The dual headphone jacks let two people listen to music in stereo, and mean no more having to split a pair of earbuds. Neat enough, but the London also has a bespoke DJ app, and the dual outputs lets wannabe jocks cue and mix their tunes in headphones, while the current track plays through a speaker.

Top Bottom