• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

JoseDFrog

Banned
The pen i'd never use anyway but true enough on the battery. do we know confirmed specs yet?

No, not yet. But if it is indeed going to be announced in less than a month then the rumors are most likely accurate. ~3,000mah for S6E+ and 4,100mah for N5. 7420>808 by a lot. I bought my first Note for the screen size and thought I'd never use the pen, but it has come in handy a few times (reading and highlighting with the pen is fantastic).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So of the 3 things we'd likely see at the Moto event ie the Moto X, Moto G, and Moto 360 which are you most excited to see?

Wreav

Banned
The X, just because I'm curious how many times Moto can fuck that product line up on basic levels.

Will probably also be the first X I don't own, unless it has an 820/good camera.

So of the 3 things we'd likely see at the Moto event ie the Moto X, Moto G, and Moto 360 which are you most excited to see?

X by far. Going to switch to AT&T soon and it's going to be down to the X and OP2 to see which will take my money, considering I'm fully buying a phone this time around (never did this for Android before).

The Moto X is going to be the most interesting thing to keep tabs on. I feel the Moto X has continuously been pretty disappointing and I want to see what they're doing with it this year. Some specific things I'm wondering would be.

-Is the camera still a piece of crap?
-How's the battery?
-Micro-SD Support?
-Better not be 16GB base storage if not.
The OS is a cluster fuck ~ from the design of menu to drop down box to setting ....all don't work well ...
Yeah I tried my iPhone 5 not long ago and it's really turned into a cluster fuck. The software team has done a good job of making iOS more and more complicated to use over the last few software iterations. Not only that, but the design language is terrible compared to what Google has done with material design.

Saiyan-Rox

No, not yet. But if it is indeed going to be announced in less than a month then the rumors are most likely accurate. ~3,000mah for S6E+ and 4,100mah for N5. 7420>808 by a lot. I bought my first Note for the screen size and thought I'd never use the pen, but it has come in handy a few times (reading and highlighting with the pen is fantastic).

ouch that's quite a difference wonder why they decided that? my N6 has a 3200mah battery i think and it lasts me fine but I guess the edge might use more power than it. gah I hate waiting.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
CKIaQaYUEAADcb9.png

because this totally worked last time

I know bamboo was available

Moto 360 by far. If it wasn't for the shills in here (who seem to be awfully quiet in that regard these days; what happened, did the contract expire?), I don't think Motorola would be on my radar as a phone manufacturer at all. The first Moto X was a dud, the second wasn't great either (weak battery/camera combo at $499). The only good thing the Nexus 6 has going for it is the battery and even that is only possible because it's gigantic. Okay, Active Display is pretty cool, so they have that. It's definitely something more manufacturers should copy from Nokia (RIP). Not to mention the promise of fast updates, because it's almost stock Android. Well, the first gen X got 5.1 some weeks ago, so that's certainly something.

The Moto X could be a great phone. I could live with the battery and camera (I have a Nexus 5 after all), I like the hardware design and they leave the OS alone.
But it's not a $499 phone.

Would anyone here list a Motorola phone as one of the more exciting phones in the past couple of years? I suppose the G could count, but for different reasons.

Saiyan-Rox

CKIaQaYUEAADcb9.png

because this totally worked last time

I know bamboo was available

I will never see the fascination with wood style back covers it just looks horrible to me.

Saying that Demin seems even more horrible no way that could look even remotely good.

NotBacon

Do Nexus 6 owners love or hate it?
Actual owners? Love it. It's dope.
My only disappointment was the camera app making the camera perform meh, but a recent update made it 10x better.

Had an N6 for about 2 days, it's hot garbage.
Your opinion has been noted, and thrown in the waste bin. And not just by me.

N6 is too big for my tastes, but I don't hate the phone, I just hate notbacon's constant pimping of anything made by Motorola.

Umad? Umad.
I forgot I was a Motorola spokesperson. I'll try to make my weekly Neogaf post more Motorola-centric. Thanks for reminding me.

but the 808 just has half the high performance CPU cores. that basically halves CPU heat production under load. doesn't mean they actually fixed anything with the 808.

wait for 818 guyz!@!@!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Unless you put out an outstanding phone, no one cares. It's just another in a sea of many. That's the G4.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Here's the thing. I'm not saying he isn't a reliable tipster, but the 820 as we officially know it is suppose to be on the next node ie 16nm or 14nm depending upon who got the fab contract ie T or Sammy.

Either way it's impossible to have the same issues as the 810 as it's not on the same node.

Doesn't mean it couldn't have heat issues, but they can't be the same heat issues.

Plus every phone gets hot. The 810 just gets exceptionally hot.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Typical amateur product. Cool idea but poor design. It looks like absolute shit.

Top Bottom