• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

SimleuqiR

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just have this feeling the Moto event is gonna bomb

The Moto X is gonna be LTTP as they had the weirdest hardware release cycle going.

The Moto G leaked specs seem to be just okay. Two years ago they were godlike in this area. Now there are a ton of 300 and under phones to chose from. More of the same does nothing for this product.

The 360 ironically has the best chance to impress. Just ditch the omap and most people will be happy. There still is this tiny problem of a large swatch of people giving a fuck about Android Wear in general though.

Vanillalite

I think the Moto X will be better than the G4 TBH. But yeah I don't see anything wow'ing there.

It'll probably have worse camera, better software, wash on design, and the 810 vs the 808.

The difference being the G4 came out a while ago. The X isn't even out yet. Neither phone gonna fucking set the world on fire.

Of course the Motorola thing will bomb. They release subpar products at flagship prices. They don't have a device out in a class that someone else doesn't do better in.

Vanillalite

Of course the Motorola thing will bomb. They release subpar products at flagship prices. They don't have a device out in a class that someone else doesn't do better in.

They still have some upsides, but man does their release schedule fuck them over. They are always releasing last and like 6 months behind Samsung.

3phemeral

Damn, I was hoping I could wait until the end of the year to get a new phone but after my Moto X's screen just smashed into a million pieces, I'm going to have to pick one up maybe tonight or tomorrow.

YKPJ9u

EmiPrime

Telus isn't rolling out 5.1 for the S6 until fucking september. Ahaha oh wow.

The two hit combo of awfulness that is Touchwiz and US carrier updates.

I don't know why anyone in the US subjects themselves to that when if they really must get a phone on a 24 month contract they could just get an iPhone.

diaspora

I don't know why anyone in the US subjects themselves to that when if they really must get a phone on a 24 month contract they could just get an iPhone.

Telus is Canadian. The iPhone is dogshit also.

I'm pretty sure most people don't subject themselves to it considering iphones do gangbusters and samsung et al are dropping like boulders.

At this point I'd rather have OEMs fuck 5.1.1 and just make sure I get M as close to fucking Day 1 as possible.
I think faceless said it best (that's right I said it) a while ago. You know what you're getting into when you get a samsung phone or LG or whatever when it comes to updates. If you didn't want it just get a nexus.

With that said, I agree that it sucks we have to make these choices because the phone hardware you like most might not have the software you want.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I think faceless said it best (that's right I said it) a while ago. You know what you're getting into when you get a samsung phone or LG or whatever when it comes to updates. If you didn't want it just get a nexus.

With that said, I agree that it sucks we have to make these choices because the phone hardware you like most might not have the software you want.

That was me! You guys bought a Samsung phone because of battery, screen, size, price, whatever. OK. You made that choice. But you also made the choice to get updates later. So don't complain when it takes months to get the next OS update. Nexus owners don't get the best hardware, other owners don't get fast OS updates. We all made our choice.

Wreav

Banned
My biggest problem with the a Note 4 was the shit fingerprint reader. My biggest problem with the S6 is the battery life. Note 5 might be the phone of the year at this rate.

That was me! You guys bought a Samsung phone because of battery, screen, size, price, whatever. OK. You made that choice. But you also made the choice to get updates later. So don't complain when it takes months to get the next OS update. Nexus owners don't get the best hardware, other owners don't get fast OS updates. We all made our choice.

oh, i definitely said it. maybe you said it too.

oh, i definitely said it. maybe you said it too.
lol I guess everyone has said it up till now

Also the huawei nexus looks like it'll be the first nexus phone not lacking something if the evleaks specs are true. We'll see though. Still no concrete leaks on LG nexus :(

diaspora

Samsung isn't even the issue here really, it's the carriers. TBH waiting a bit longer for updates- even 4 weeks is fine. But it doesn't make sense for 5.1 to drop for the S6 almost globally while Telus fingers its own asshole for 3 months.

EmiPrime

My biggest problem with the a Note 4 was the shit fingerprint reader. My biggest problem with the S6 is the battery life. Note 5 might be the phone of the year at this rate.

If it has the same terrible memory management as the S6 that ruins multi-tasking and the battery life there is no chance of that.

if both huawei nexus and note 5 have 5.7 inch screens, fingerprint sensors, big battery, etc....who wouldn't take the former.

Top Bottom