• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Gah this battery drain on my SW3 needs fixed already :/ updates take far too long these days from everyone.

And of course Google give out the usual crappy tips on finding the problem and seeing if it's a rogue app....if it was a rogue app it wouldn't be happening to everyone! https://productforums.google.com/fo.../HD7mxFrgIfo;context-place=forum/android-wear

Aside from the battery drain (which I'm hoping will be fixed) how is the SW3? I'm thinking of getting one, primarily to use it for tracking my runs and playing music.

John Blade

Just wondering what is the best Android tablet to look into for media and maybe android gaming? I know they is the shield but the price on it is out of my league. Just wondering what I should look into.

Saiyan-Rox

I think you might have misread his post? I don't believe the iPhone 6S+ is gonna have anything but amazing sales.

I'm gonna have a tough choice in deciding what to get, that Galaxy 6 Edge+ is damn tempting. but knowing me i'll get impatient get one then when the nexus comes out i'll want one and start crying.

Aside from the battery drain (which I'm hoping will be fixed) how is the SW3? I'm thinking of getting one, primarily to use it for tracking my runs and playing music.

it's a pretty damn good watch. screen is nice and clear when outside and there's no lag. the lack of wrist bands is also an issue imo

But that battery draqin really does kill the watch (quite literally)

all these smartwatches going for bargain basement prices... $70 G Watch, $60 GearFit... makes me wanna just get 'em to mess around.

But who cares about expandable storaage, right? smh
nah, that's more about carrier apps. you can get a carrier version full price and get them to unlock it in ~48h but Furyous doesn't want any carrier apps and doesn't want to root to remove them. $300 voicemail app tax.

I'm actually kind of surprised the note 5 doesn't seem to have a type c port. I guess they're waiting to debut that with the All New Samsung Galaxy S7™ The Next Next is here™

Donos

Bought a 64GB SanDisk microsd for my One M8 since the 32Gb is just not enough for me (have tons of music mixes). should arrive tomorrow. I don't have the 32gb card encrypted so the question is if i can just copy all the content from the 32 to the 64gb card and put it in my phone so i don't have to reinstall all the apps and resync all the music again?

jwk94

all these smartwatches going for bargain basement prices... $70 G Watch, $60 GeatFit... makes me wanna just get 'em to mess around.

nah, that's more about carrier apps. you can get a carrier version full price and get them to unlock it in ~48h but Furyous doesn't want any carrier apps and doesn't want to root to remove them. $300 voicemail app tax.

$300 off still makes it pretty expensive.

Furyous

all these smartwatches going for bargain basement prices... $70 G Watch, $60 GearFit... makes me wanna just get 'em to mess around.

Those carrier versions at full price take a really long time to receive updates and come with excess bloatware on top of OEM gunk. I'd much rather pay an extra $300 for a carrier bloatware free version of a flagship.

reKon

Banned
Played around with the Zenpad 8.0 at best buy today...

This thing is legit. For some reason it was running faster than the Dell Venue 7840 right next to it when it came to OS navigation...

It was not as smooth when it came to opening the app drawer.

I even restarted the Dell just to double check. I don't know if it has to do with the launcher or the fact that it was on kit kat...

Also, I played around with the Toshiba Chrome 2. By far the nicest screen I've seen on a chromebook. Heck, it looks nicer than most laptop screens I've used. I'd say it's definitely worth a buy over other Chromebooks that are $100 less. If this thing hits $200 on black friday for any reason, I might have to snatch it up.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's the best android watch.

Played around with the Zenpad 8.0 at best buy today...

This thing is legit. For some reason it was running faster than the Dell Venue 7840 right next to it when it came to OS navigation...

It was not as smooth when it came to opening the app drawer.

I even restarted the Dell just to double check. I don't know if it has to do with the launcher or the fact that it was on kit kat...

Also, I played around with the Toshiba Chrome 2. By far the nicest screen I've seen on a chromebook. Heck, it looks nicer than most laptop screens I've used. I'd say it's definitely worth a buy over other Chromebooks that are $100 less. If this thing hits $200 on black friday for any reason, I might have to snatch it up.

Can't wait for the 64GB version.

this_guy

Why wouldn't it be on it? I'm sure it's going to end up like the Moto N6 and be subsidized by carriers. The LG one will most likely not be on the carriers though.

Verizon held up updates on the Galaxy Nexus back in the day so Google hasn't been too keen to make another Verizon compatible Nexus. The Nexus 5 & Nexus 6 were both compatible with all the major US carriers except Verizon.

reKon

Banned
Can't wait for the 64GB version.

I think the battery is likely going to be the big thing that ends up being very disappointing. It's not going to support fast charging either, which will make the situation suck more. I hope it surprises us.

I wish more manufacturers aimed for this:
battery.jpg

And that device is 6.4mm thick with two front face speakers...

Verizon held up updates on the Galaxy Nexus back in the day so Google hasn't been too keen to make another Verizon compatible Nexus. The Nexus 5 & Nexus 6 were both compatible with all the major US carriers except Verizon.
I can walk into my nearest Verizon and buy a Nexus 6 no problem.

Why wouldn't it be on it? I'm sure it's going to end up like the Moto N6 and be subsidized by carriers. The LG one will most likely not be on the carriers though.

Verizon waited like 4 months to launch the Nexus 6 and also gave the runaround to people who bought unlocked ones and wanted to activate them on Verizon.

why? Verizon.

Verizon.

Sch1sm

I've had some N5 battery issues on M preview 2. Saturday night I had it in the charger, shut off, 8 hours later when I woke up it was at 30%.

Throughout the day it barely charged. In fact, at some points it was just stagnant, and if not that, it drained despite it being on airplane mode with only WiFi enabled.

So I threw it into a factory reset a few hours ago, and then this happened:

17. Hours.

Shutting down the device and powering on again fixed it, and it's charging like normal again. Essentially the first time it's seeing 100% since Friday night. Has any other N5 user come across this on M2? Google only pointed at L doing this to the device.

Yeah right now it's impossible to recommend any Android Wear watch.

There are quite a bunch of great android watches, and there's a plethora is nice watches coming relatively soon as well. Hardly impossible, if you ask me :)

Motorola is the sexiest right now, but the upcoming watches all look great. Speaking of battery, my simple little watch lasts for five - seven days; wish I could say the same for my phone.

terrier

To be fair, the 810 is a hiccup in a long line of fantastic chips. If the 820 does live up to that rumour from one guy, then I'll be cautious about everything they release.

to be fair, 810 isn't the only one. 615 has heating issues too, not at the same level obviously since clocked lower, but still annoying. Something went wrong last year at Qualcomm. Hopefully is fixed for 820 but i think it would be safer to wait for real life experiencies this time.

It also uses an adreno 4XX gpu, some rumors point to that being the cause of those heating issues.

Hasney

to be fair, 810 isn't the only one. 615 has heating issues too, not at the same level obviously since clocked lower, but still annoying. Something went wrong last year at Qualcomm. Hopefully is fixed for 820 but i think it would be safer to wait for real life experiencies this time.

Ah yeah, I was only talking top line chip, but the whole series was fucked. 808 still heats up... It's just that there's less to heat.

EmiPrime

There are quite a bunch of great android watches, and there's a plethora is nice watches coming relatively soon as well. Hardly impossible, if you ask me :)

Motorola is the sexiest right now, but the upcoming watches all look great. Speaking of battery, my simple little watch lasts for five - seven days; wish I could say the same for my phone.

They would be nice if 5.1.1 hadn't ruined things. Since then it can go from 100 to flat in the space of a couple of hours. As fas as I know this can happen to all AW watches.

Hasney

They would be nice if 5.1.1 hadn't ruined things. Since then it can go from 100 to flat in the space of a couple of hours. As fas as I know this can happen to all AW watches.

Eh, I'm not finding that at all. Had it on 9 hours so far this morning and I'm at 81% battery on an LG Watch R.

EmiPrime

Eh, I'm not finding that at all. Had it on 9 hours so far this morning and I'm at 81% battery on an LG Watch R.

The SW3 is most affected but all Android Wear watches can suddenly drain out in a few hours on 5.1.1. It's completely random when it happens.

Hasney

The SW3 is most affected but all Android Wear watches can suddenly drain out in a few hours on 5.1.1. It's completely random when it happens.

Ah, that makes sense. I've only had it happen one day, but I was down to 15% before I even finished work. Didn't look at it in the morning, so I assumed that I just didn't put it in the cradle right.

Top Bottom