• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

They would be nice if 5.1.1 hadn't ruined things. Since then it can go from 100 to flat in the space of a couple of hours. As fas as I know this can happen to all AW watches.
My LG G Watch hasn't had any battery problems. I easily get a day out of using it and can get about two days of use if I for some reason don't charge it at night.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The SW3 is most affected but all Android Wear watches can suddenly drain out in a few hours on 5.1.1. It's completely random when it happens.

Mine seems ok, but battery life is worse. I used to be able to get two full days but now I can't quite stretch to that.

EmiPrime

I'm glad you guys are having better luck than I am. I'm so upset with this issue that I just want to get rid of my SW3 and I am pissed off at Google for being so slow to respond.

I'm glad you guys are having better luck than I am. I'm so upset with this issue that I just want to get rid of my SW3 and I am pissed off at Google for being so slow to respond.

I find it hilarious (in a bad way), that such typical Android issues like quick battery drain and rogue apps found their way to the customized version for watches.

Like having an Android phone on your wrist, indeed.

EmiPrime

I find it hilarious (in a bad way), that such typical Android issues like quick battery drain and rogue apps found their way to the customized version for watches.

Like having an Android phone on your wrist, indeed.

Not that Google care. Even if I went back to iOS I would still be using their services because Apple's suck.

The tech industry is shite.

Hmmm. Wouldn't it be funny if one nexus came to carriers in Mid Q4 and one didn't?

Would that mean that one of them didn't exist? Or that google will sell it themselves for cheap?

Hmmm. Food for thought. Also I wonder what colours will be available. I bet there's a metal (or do they call it silver or grey) model.

Sch1sm

Hmmm. Wouldn't it be funny if one nexus came to carriers in Mid Q4 and one didn't?

Would that mean that one of them didn't exist? Or that google will sell it themselves for cheap?

Hmmm. Food for thought. Also I wonder what colours will be available. I bet there's a metal (or do they call it silver or grey) model.

inb4 Apple users come in with Space Grey iPhones are a thing.

New rumor there might be two Moto G variants

610 2 gig version
410 1 gig version

hmmmmmmmm

1 gig just ain't enough for this time in life.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wouldn't the 410 be the E version?

In theory you'd be getting the 720p screen vs 540p, and maybe you'd also get the better camera that the new G has.

Not that I don't agree with you. a 410 G is stupid as fuck with the current E other than the screen.

Hasney

In theory you'd be getting the 720p screen vs 540p, and maybe you'd also get the better camera that the new G has.

Not that I don't agree with you. a 410 G is stupid as fuck with the current E other than the screen.

Yeah, that's a bit excessive then. Get yourself an E, G 1GB, G 2GB, X and whatever Verizon thing they do.

Are they going to do a phablet too? Since the Nexus 6 was just a rebranded version of whatever they were going for.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yeah, that's a bit excessive then. Get yourself an E, G 1GB, G 2GB, X and whatever Verizon thing they do.

Are they going to do a phablet too? Since the Nexus 6 was just a rebranded version of whatever they were going for.

I assume if they do a phablet it'll probably be something that is Droid branded for Verizon ie this years Turbo.

The first Zenwatch's price has been dropped by 70 bones. Now $129 on the Google Store.

--

I was trying to be obvious up there btw. Also I'm a big fan of halloween. Love the whole vibe and horror movie marathons and whatnot.
Oh my.

Wreav

Banned
Pyro starting to drop the bombs?

9f3de4528cdb422c4054661ed154e9d9b782d674.gif

SimleuqiR

I was trying to be obvious up there btw. Also I'm a big fan of halloween. Love the whole vibe and horror movie marathons and whatnot.

Google Fi needs an affordable phone.

HM

I don't know shite about verizon lol

I also know more than what I said but it's not worth saying for obvious reasons and mostly also because the benefit of sharing it isn't worthwhile considering most of it has been rumoured. If something worth mentioning comes by I'll drop more random obvious hints.

3phemeral

The SW3 is most affected but all Android Wear watches can suddenly drain out in a few hours on 5.1.1. It's completely random when it happens.

Yeah, I found for me, when I use the watch to Navigate, it leaves the map of the area I arrived on-screen and since I don't have a habit of looking at my watch when I arrive or just in general unless I need to know the time, I don't notice it. Seems that sometimes the screen will stay on while the map is visible and like you said, it seems random. Coincidentally, I haven't had this happen again since I haven't needed to to navigate to a new place every morning lately.

Saiyan-Rox

huh my N6 went from 80% to dead in two hours today and i've no idea what the cause was :S battery information doesn't list any high uses and the graph just dives down, phone was really hot too.

On another topic I'm still conflicted on what to do....OP2 or try and get the Edge+ and be annoyed about lack of fast updates and in samsungs case butchered Android. or wait for the nexus devices to hit....but waiting isn't my strong point.

huh my N6 went from 80% to dead in two hours today and i've no idea what the cause was :S battery information doesn't list any high uses and the graph just dives down, phone was really hot too.

On another topic I'm still conflicted on what to do....OP2 or try and get the Edge+ and be annoyed about lack of fast updates and in samsungs case butchered Android. or wait for the nexus devices to hit....but waiting isn't my strong point.
Trust brah. Wait for nexus. You're not alone! We endure the struggle as a team. #teamNexusOrAgainstUs

bob page

Do you use Snapchat? One of the recent updates maxed out background CPU usage for a lot of people and caused severe battery drain.

Saiyan-Rox

Do you use Snapchat? One of the recent updates maxed out background CPU usage for a lot of people and caused severe battery drain.

Can safely say it wasn't snapchat. I detest that app and everything about it. dunno what caused it at all.

Trust brah. Wait for nexus. You're not alone! We endure the struggle as a team. #teamNexusOrAgainstUs

I want too but that screen on the samsung and i've fallen for the "edge" gimmick too....Gah! too impatient! Give me the Nexus now Google!!

Early this morning I got a system update notification for my 2013 Moto X on Cricket. I was like, Fuck yeah, Lollipop, finally! I didn't have time to install it before work (which is outside in a forest) so I turned off wifi and data (I'm serious about conserving juice and all my entertainment needs are on the device). I get back home at 4 PM and turn on wifi and plug my phone in and tap the notification - but nothing happens! I try the System Updates thing in About Phone settings - of course, that never works. Desperate to make the notification show up again I reboot the phone, but it STILL won't show up again! Still can't get system settings to show anything new.

So was there really a system update and Cricket won't allow it or am I being trolled? I don't know if you can get system updates on Cricket if you bring your own phone - I was pretty pessimistic until today. My model was bought on eBay as an unlocked AT&T model. I have read that that model cannot be rooted which is why I haven't tried that method of updating. Should I just get a new phone? Summer's the suckiest time to buy a new phone since the newest models always release only in either spring or fall. I've even considered buying an iPhone since my parents and friends all have ones. Tell me why I got an update notification but it doesn't work.

Chris R

I have a Nexus 5, what might cause the phone to turn the screen off right after I press the power button to wake it up? It's only been happening for a week or so now, and only happens three or four times a day but it drives me crazy!

SimleuqiR

I have a Nexus 5, what might cause the phone to turn the screen off right after I press the power button to wake it up? It's only been happening for a week or so now, and only happens three or four times a day but it drives me crazy!

Are you on M release 2?

I got a call yesterday while listing to some tunes and the phone just "poof" rebooted.

Potentially a defective power button, which is a known issue with Nexus 5s. It may be registering a double press; if it is the button, it may get worse over time to the point where the phone can enter a boot loop or randomly turn off.

As for Nexus 2016, October/November is so far off. I only hope the LG Nexus (5.2in) has a battery in the realm of 3,000mAh, not the rumored 2,700.

What say you, Pyro!?

Chris R

Are you on M release 2?

I got a call yesterday while listing to some tunes and the phone just "poof" rebooted.

Potentially a defective power button, which is a known issue with Nexus 5s. It may be registering a double press; if it is the button, it may get worse over time to the point where the phone can enter a boot loop or randomly turn off.

As for Nexus 2016, October/November is so far off. I only hope the LG Nexus (5.2in) has a battery in the realm of 3,000mAh, not the rumored 2,700.

What say you, Pyro!?

Ah ok, I bet it's a defective power button then :( Will live with it until I upgrade to whatever my next phone is.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Android is so random. My g watch went from ok battery life to absolutely incredible battery life with 5.1. The other morning I couldn't find it after using it the entire previous day, didn't find it for two days, 44% battery life. I wish there was a battery stats screen on this thing because you hear stories like that and you figure it can't be true, but my watch battery improved more than 100%, no exaggeration. Standby time is ios-like.

Meanwhile, my galaxy s6 edge.......

Wreav

Banned
Are they?

For that crowd, sure. Camera goes from 8mp to 13mp, front cam from 2mp to 5mp, gains IP7 weather rating, battery up from 2070 mAh to 2470 mAh, all while retaining SD, because LOLPOORS.

My mom is definitely their target audience, and even she's savvy enough to see the upgrade potential.

Top Bottom