• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised.

rrvv

I guess they want to show how good their amoled displays are. But even so, why not put a 3000 mAh battery and blow everyone away?

seem samsung is desperate to get profit margin so decide to cut some corner.

if the software been optimize really good. battery life should be stay same eventhught the battery is samller

Well I was reading about Samsung's claims that their new SoC is 30-35% more efficient which I guess could make the battery about the same or slightly better if you factor in the ridiculous resolution and whatnot.

It's just a shame. A lot better is always better than slightly better, or worse, the saaaaame.

Why be afraid of bigness pyro
I refuse it.

I like the idea of smaller and then phablet. If you want big you get the Note 5. If you want small you get the S6. I wish they all just followed that model like apple did with the 6/6+.

Everybody wins. I dislike the idea of the smaller option being huge and the huge option being huger. With that said I don't think 5.2 is terrible just like I don't think 4.7 is too small. 5 is the sweet spot for me but I feel like the benefit of a smaller device outweighs the benefit of a .2 inches larger screen when we're already at 5!

I don't think anyone who is a regular in this thread has mentioned plans to get an S6. All the samsunger's here are Note-ers.

There's been some interest in the One M9. Some in the LG G4. Some in Moto x 2015. Some even in the Z4 from sony. Not sure I read anyone here planning on the S6. Is there anyone? Speak quickly.

Wreav

Banned
No one plans on getting an S phone. It just happens in a moment of weakness when another OEM is delayed or poorly reviewed.

Avixph

I don't think anyone who is a regular in this thread has mentioned plans to get an S6. All the samsunger's here are Note-ers.

There's been some interest in the One M9. Some in the LG G4. Some in Moto x 2015. Some even in the Z4 from sony. Not sure I read anyone here planning on the S6. Is there anyone? Speak quickly.
I'm thinking about getting the Galaxy S6 and possibly considering the One M9.
The other ones like the G4 and the Z4 don't interest me and they won't be released until a long time.

I'm thinking about getting the Galaxy S6 and possibly considering the One M9.
The other ones like the G4 and the Z4 don't interest me and they won't be released until a long time.
yeah I think the release schedule looks like

S6/M9 -> G4 -> OnePlus2 -> Z4 -> Moto X 2015 -> Nexus 2015

I'm somewhat in a state of perpetual brokeness so I'll probably just be skipping everything this year unless my finances change. The M9 looks real nice though; wish the display on it was bigger (like 5.5").

Hopefully my S4 can make it through another year. Getting a lollipop update would definitely help with that.

mturco

I'm somewhat in a state of perpetual brokeness so I'll probably just be skipping everything this year unless my finances change. The M9 looks real nice though; wish the display on it was bigger (like 5.5").

Hopefully my S4 can make it through another year. Getting a lollipop update would definitely help with that.

You guys can't even let us have one flagship that's 5"? Every single other phone is 5.5". Just let us have this one lol.

Husker86

So ready to make fun of anyone that shows their face with an S6 in this thread.

SO READY.

I will be getting an M9 or S6. Both manufacturers have done stuff to piss me off in the past, so there is no bias from me at the moment
kind of a lie; I hope HTC wins my heart

It won't be a decision made without much research, though! I may even...go into a store to try them.

Can't wait for the Nexus 2016. Gonna be dank.

And then later in the year I'll probably get this. As long as there is one available that's not 6 fucking inches.

And then later in the year I'll probably get this. As long as there is one available that's not 6 fucking inches.
I still say 2014 nexus was an anomaly. Like (credible) rumours mentioned. the nexus 6 was originally a phablet known as the Moto S that they re-branded into a nexus phone after the last minute revival of the program.

This years should be much more interesting.

mturco

I still say 2014 nexus was an anomaly. Like (credible) rumours mentioned. the nexus 6 was originally a phablet known as the Moto S that they re-branded into a nexus phone after the last minute revival of the program.

Nexus 5 2015. Believe. That or the M9. I only need one of the two to be good/real.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yeah, I just bought my Note4, so see you at Note6. And thanks in advance for beta testing Sammy's 64bit push.

I feel like a 4K phone display would go well with my 4K TV.
/s

I skipped Note 3 and 4. I guess I'll be beta testing 64-bit Note 5 in the future then.

NotBacon

I'd say a 6-inch flagship is pretty interesting :p

And if the Nexus 6 is an anomaly, shit they should pull an anomaly every year with how well it turned out (the phone itself, not the sales or marketing campaign :/).

In any case, skip year, I'm waiting for the Nexus 2016 with Snapdragon 900 and pure Android Nougat.

Hasney

I'd say a 6-inch flagship is pretty interesting :p

And if the Nexus 6 is an anomaly, shit they should pull an anomaly every year with how well it turned out (the phone itself, not the sales or marketing campaign :/).

In any case, skip year, I'm waiting for the Nexus 2016 with Snapdragon 900 and pure Android Nougat.

Yup. Best anomaly ever.

terrier

S4 already is receiving lollipop. Not a huge difference but is a step forward (minus silent mode)

Hasney

Anyone else here in the market for an Asus zenfone 2? Wish they'd release some more information regarding models and pricing in Europe

Might be more info coming out of MWC next month. Personally, I'm still not sold on Intel based phones, but it's in that weird space of needing a popular device for more native apps and probably needing more native apps to get a popular device.

Anyone here that could help me with an annoying issue with my Nexus 5.

I recently uploaded a huge file (around 800M) into my Drive, and now I get the notification for the upload over and over again. I swipe it off, or open it and check the file and it goes away. But after 15 minutes or so, maybe less, it comes back.

It's not really a big deal, but it's kinda annoying. Reboot did not help. Any ideas?

Also sorry if wrong thread for stuff like this.

Top Bottom