• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
oneplus-2-tenaa-FB.jpg

Oh what's this Tenna?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/22/...uncated&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

motorola-moto-g-2015-3rd-gen-all-sides-rcm992x0.jpg

moto-g-2015-mobilesyrup.png

Dem 'specs:

1080p
441 ppi
S610
2 GB of ram
8 GB internal storage
Microsd card slot (512 GB microsd card coming later this year from a vendor)
2470 Mah battery

---

This is a solid device for anyone looking for a basic android device. If it comes with an IR blaster then I'll buy it after browsing reviews.

Basically this is

Well shit, that's much better than I expected.

Any news when the next nexus phone will arrive?

It will come out at the same time as the last few: end of the year. Probably announced in October and released in November.

I wish it was sooner, and AndroidPolice published a rumor that Android M would be fine by August. But, I doubt it.

Looks kinda like a Nexus 5?

One Plus must have realized the greatness of the Nexus 5 and tried to mimic its design. Too bad it'll get demolished when the king returns.

The Nexus 5 looks completely different to me. I guess I'm not seeing it.

If anything, it reminds me a bit of the older Galaxy phones (S2?). Either way, it's lazy, boring and uninspired. It looks like something you see from an ODM at IFA or MWC.

Any news when the next nexus phone will arrive?

Probably late October.

kinggroin

Banned
If its like the OPO, you can opt to use on screen buttons and ignore the physical buttons.

Unlike the One Plus One, the One Plus Two will have no feature to make the bezel button disappear to the eye.

Its hideous.

Yeah you did miss the memo.

Doubtful. Most likely akin to the M9+ reader from what I heard.

The M9+ reader doubles as a physical button, iirc

*snicker*

Someone missed the memo indeed.

I mean...even if BB goes full Android, they're still like the #20 OEM.

Apparently they aren't making many of them anyway (at least at first). Sounds like a half assed project lol aka a blackberry.

Don't do this to me.
like I said man. If I know that huawei nexus is coming to carriers in october yet I honestly know nothing about the LG nexus it can only mean so many things. It either doesn't exist or will be sold only on the play store (for a decent price!). Or will come to carriers later but I don't see that either.

The leaked, unconfirmed picture is a slab phone with no keyboard, unless the bottom slides out.

blackberryvenice-100595010-primary.idge.jpg

I'm pretty sure it does slide out lol

I think it could be decent if it DIDN'T have a keyboard. BB usually tries to have good battery life. Throw stock on it and it could be one of the better android phones on the market. The keyboard is just added weight to me though.

My other half is frustrated with the inability of phones to last more than 18 months, after having an Xperia T previously, and the call speaker on her Moto G seems to have crapped out after a year or so.

She now wants to pay £200 for an iPhone 4s. That just seems like a bad idea to me, but I can't justify why beyond IT'S OLD and I DON'T LIKE IPHONES

vivftp

Xperiablog has some more info on these newly rumoured phones that we might see as early as next month:

We can confirm that the Sony Xperia S60 and S70 codenames are real, according to multiple sources of ours. In addition, other codenames for this series include the S50 and S70+. It doesn’t take a genius to work out that we are probably looking at a normal flagship, a compact version and larger phablet version.

What is not clear to us, is what the S50, S60, S70, S70+ codenames refer to. We find it hard to believe that these are new marketing names that Sony will use, after all, the Xperia Z series has built up a lot of brand recognition.

Could these be new model numbers from Sony, trying to simplify things? It could be, but up until now the other model numbers are still in use. We count at least five model numbers that may launch this year:

Sony E5503, E5563 [Lavender]
Sony E5663
Sony E5803
Sony E6683
Sony E6833, E6883

For those thinking that the new codenames may signal a design refresh this year, don’t get your hopes up. Separate sources have confirmed to us that H2 flagships will be very similar to the Xperia Z3+/Z4 in terms of design language. We guess Sony is readying its new Xperia design for a 2016 launch.

I've been waiting to replace my Z Ultra and I'm very hopeful that the S70+ will be it!

Wreav

Banned
A 4s isn't worth that kind of money these days. Have her wait till the new iPhone is released in 2 months, and then she can pick up a cheap 5s.

I would bet good money that not a one of those high end Xperias end up in the US.

zewone

Which is?

Nexus 5-2

This thread lives in a fantasy world where the Nexus 5 didn't have a crappy, washed out screen, horrible camera and terrible battery life.

I did like the aesthetics and soft touch back though. A bit small for my tastes.

Jigolo

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/07/22/launching-sonys-concept-for-android-initiative-in-sweden/

As part of this, we’re launching a new initiative in Sweden to give 500 Xperia Z3 users the chance to try Sony’s Concept for Android – a concept operating system with a fresh take on our user experience based on Android 5.1, Lollipop. It has some significant differences compared to our current commercial releases, with a stripped back, vanilla Android look and feel, with native Sony features and apps we find most popular amongst our users.
This trial will help us assess the potential of running wider Android operating system concept initiatives for more markets, devices and users in the future – as we look to shift towards a model that allows for the creation of experiences with real user input, whilst adopting more transparent and open workflows. We believe this will eventually enable us to respond to your needs quicker and easier.

like I said man. If I know that huawei nexus is coming to carriers in october yet I honestly know nothing about the LG nexus it can only mean so many things. It either doesn't exist or will be sold only on the play store (for a decent price!). Or will come to carriers later but I don't see that either.

But no one cares about the Huawei phone. If I don't deliver info on the LG Nexus until tomorrow, you're fired!

Nexus 5-2

This thread lives in a fantasy world where the Nexus 5 didn't have a crappy, washed out screen, horrible camera and terrible battery life.

I did like the aesthetics and soft touch back though. A bit small for my tastes.

I agree on the battery life, but the other weren't by any stretch terrible -- just dreadfully average.

Considering the Nexus 5-2 rumored specs and lower price point, I expect it be just as middling, which I am OK with.

But no one cares about the Huawei phone. If I don't deliver info on the LG Nexus until tomorrow, you're fired!

This. So much this!

How did I know before I even scrolled down to read the text of your post it'd be endorsing the OnePlus One :lol

There are more phones out in a similar price range now that are also better. OPO is just the main one that sticks iut as a solid pho e at a great price with near stock android. There is no reason to buy a moto g if it costs $220-$230 like the previous versions when it comes with those specs.

There are more phones out in a similar price range now that are also better. OPO is just the main one that sticks iut as a solid pho e at a great price with near stock android. There is no reason to buy a moto g if it costs $220-$230 like the previous versions when it comes with those specs.

Judging from the typos in this post, I guess your OPO has touch screen issues, too?

Nexus 5-2

washed out screen? I don't recall mine having that really. Camera was just average at best but I was willing to forgive that. This is Android where you can never have it all. It had other things I value a ton like the perfect dimensions to screen size ratio, and stock.

Battery was shit though, the only legit disappointing thing for me. Still think it was one of the best android phones that came out with one giant flaw.

Top Bottom