• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Saiyan-Rox

Am I the only one who doesn't care that the OP2 has a physical button? still don't know if there will be two buttons beside it too like samsung but if there are please for the love of god have the buttons the proper way round.

diaspora

Swipe gestures sure aren't enough to get me to ditch Safari.

But stay losing, Android GApps.

So what if they are? Not like 4.0 is revolutionary. You guys are salivating for that whipped cream to be squirt on your bowl of shit.

Yeah, Hangouts is utter ass it's not like 4.0 is some sort of big release lol

Furyous

Am I the only one who doesn't care that the OP2 has a physical button? still don't know if there will be two buttons beside it too like samsung but if there are please for the love of god have the buttons the proper way round.

I love it personally. Someone show this to Samsung and tell them to stop fucking the aesthetics of the Android experience with their POS dedicated menu and back button. There are different places for fingerprint sensors on a device other than the home button. OP2 is shaping up nicely.

---

That Moto X3 leak is not true until I see the 5.2 inch version. Does that leaked pic contain an IR blaster?

jwk94

So rumor has it that the Moto X Sport will be more rugged and have lower specs? Ugh, I can't get behind that. Hopefully it's the same thing as the Moto X 2015, but waterproof and smaller.

Saiyan-Rox

Ah shit my youtube app has that new layout D:

Also got my bonus earlier than expected and of course now I can't stop looking at the S6 Edge

Moto X 2015 is 5.5 in

Weak hands cower in fear

moto-x-2015-leak2.jpg

http://m.androidcentral.com/alleged-2015-moto-x-poses-camera
Make room for big hands master race! I fully support this.

Imagine there is no smaller nexus and the huawei one turns out to be a beast. Will I join the massive bulge in the jeans silly looking "master" race?

Only time will tell.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So there is like zero reason for me to stay on Android if

A) It's gonna be buggy as fuck
B) OEMS can't keep up cause it's so buggy there are a gazillion releases
C) Even if you have a Nexus device you still are waiting for Android app updates from fucking Google that are out on iOS
D) iMessage stays winning

C) Even if you have a Nexus device you still are waiting for Android app updates from fucking Google that are out on iOS
It is kind of funny that I'm anxiously awaiting for a good enough android phone for me to get yet my iphone 6 is doing everything absolutely perfectly lol.

I'm greedy :(

Jigolo

Jesus, cry me a river. Go buy an iPhone already. They have hangouts 4 and the super duper stable iOS8

That should be more than enough to make you switch

diaspora

I'm not entirely sure if I know what iMessage is supposed to be winning.

Jesus, cry me a river. Go buy an iPhone already. They have hangouts 4 and the super duper stable iOS8

That should be more than enough to make you switch

Is this a joke? iOS8 on my 5S was a bigger clusterfuck than L.

It's a finger print reader first. Definitely nothing with giving it additional use also as a button though. I think it is a positive. Only hesitation of the OP2 I have is price and how oxygen is 2.0 is shaping up. The second issue can be fixed with cm nightlies which will undoubtedly come. Pricing it at $450 I feel is a mistake. I'm OK at $400 though.

Can the next thread title be Android OT Just buy an iPhone already? Because the amount of bitching here about abandoning is fucking ridiculous. We know you're not going to switch. Shut the fuck up.

reKon

Banned
let me know when an iPhone will give me xperia-like battery life, let me choose default apps, and give me the same amount of sharing options with app integration

thanks

Wreav

Banned
People who bash app sharing haven't used iOS in a while. Always cracks me up when this is leaned on as a point for Android.

Can the next thread title be Android OT Just buy an iPhone already? Because the amount of bitching here about abandoning is fucking ridiculous. We know you're not going to switch. Shut the fuck up.

Sorry, that title is reserved for the next Windows Phone thread.

especially after that "XGX" in their invite, how can people doubt it?

I thought we already knew there was gonna be a 5.2 inch version and a 5.5 inch version of the moto x.

No one cared enough to pay attention.

sarcastor

The new Moto G looks great. With 2GB of RAM it'll perform so much better than the current Gs; on my XT1032 I can't even browse the Web without Spotify crashing since it runs out of memory.

Yeah I had the 1st gen one, it was tiny and weak. Hopefully this year it will have 5 inch screen, LTE, SD card, 2gb ram and 16gb and cost about $250. I ws eyeing the Asus Zenfone 2 but having that much bloatware + unknown update cycle makes me weary.

Hasney

It's funny since both Android and Apple hardware is perfect until either software goes and fucks it up.

Eh, with the modern web, iPhone desperately needs extra RAM. I don't think they could optimise Safari enough to compensate.

Other than that though, you're very right.

Mindwipe

People who bash app sharing haven't used iOS in a while. Always cracks me up when this is leaned on as a point for Android.

Not really. Share sheets are still an inconsistent mess on iOS. Heck, even Apple's own apps don't use them correctly. It's worse than Windows 10.

As a good example, look at the share sheet for Voice Memos in iOS.

Groof

Got it ages ago, then downgraded. Then it went away on updates again and now my hell is back.

Time to downgrade.
For my usecase of YouTube it doesn't seem that bad. Biggest gripe is that the action bar still doesn't hide when scrolling. Probably a server update anyway so you'll be back to it in no time :)

Hasney

Thought I'd play around with it before downgrading to see if they've tweaked it since I last had it and they have. Actually seemed to listen to feedback. Biggest thing in the old re-design was the number of presses to get into a particular channel you've subscribed to which is how I use YouTube most of the time. Now it's just click the middle tab of My Subscriptions and right at the top is the list of subscribed channels.

Works for me.

linkboy

I gave up on hangouts. I need an app that supports video chat and is reliable.

Kakaotalk works great since they added video chat.

I'm in Korea and it's my main communication app.

Talon

Not really. Share sheets are still an inconsistent mess on iOS. Heck, even Apple's own apps don't use them correctly. It's worse than Windows 10.

As a good example, look at the share sheet for Voice Memos in iOS.
lol voice memos.

Way to choose the least used app on the platform.

Saiyan-Rox

It's a finger print reader first. Definitely nothing with giving it additional use also as a button though. I think it is a positive. Only hesitation of the OP2 I have is price and how oxygen is 2.0 is shaping up. The second issue can be fixed with cm nightlies which will undoubtedly come. Pricing it at $450 I feel is a mistake. I'm OK at $400 though.
I have faith in oxygen OS. The paranoid android guys always did have a great stable feature rich ROM so I hope the others at OP shut up and listen to them.

Top Bottom