• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT5| The Sonic Cycle

Saiyan-Rox

nexus you weak SOB

Edge+ will be out in what, 2 weeks? IFA?

Don't waste your money, at least wait a bit

Don't do anything until the Motorola event next week, at least.

Don't waste your money. It's not that hard. If you want to blow money, buy a smaller, cheaper toy, like a console or tablet.

I am weak, completely weak D: and I've got the buyers itch (also my coping mechanism is buying shit) I'm trying to wait but gah!!

As for Motorola I doubt any phone they show will make me want one tbh and my Sony watch is fine (appart from that battery drain issue) so I think moto is a bust this year.

True on the S6 edge+ though

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I may be salty, but I sure as hell am telling the truth.

It ain't just Hangouts. Just look at the Chrome gestures.

Plus while iOS is always buggy at release Apple gets updates out that fix shit. I've had to update my N7 like fucking 6 times, and it's still not great.

Seriously the pass some of you give to Google.

Hasney

Isn't the Edge+ running an 808?

If so, fuck that noise.

No fucking way. Destroy Qualcomm for a year due to their fuck ups, then go back and use their chip again. If that's the case, there must be some weight to the anti-competitive thing. They're so cheap even Samsung can't afford to not use it!

Hasney

No that was just some dumb idiot starting a rumor. All the sites posted after that it'll use a Samsung processor.

Eh, the same thing happened with the S4. Everyone claimed Exynos with only one or two saying some revisions would use Snapdragon. Ended up both being right.

Will laugh my arse off if it's true though.

Saiyan-Rox

Eh, the same thing happened with the S4. Everyone claimed Exynos with only one or two saying some revisions would use Snapdragon. Ended up both being right.

Yeah I saw that some where using the snapdragon some the Exynos. if the edge+ is using the 808 then indeed fuck that.

Wait for the OnePlus2 launch on Monday before you do anything.

Yeah I know I should wait but getting one of those will be a total pain in the ass for a good while. the images of the phone didn't shout quality either but I guess they weren't proper hands on etc.

It ain't just Hangouts. Just look at the Chrome gestures.

Plus while iOS is always buggy at release Apple gets updates out that fix shit. I've had to update my N7 like fucking 6 times, and it's still not great.

Seriously the pass some of you give to Google.

Pass on what?

Wait for the OnePlus2 launch on Monday before you do anything.

Wait to see it announced and not be able to buy it? Great advice.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

The old Galaxy phones had issues with the modem and LTE as well as Samsung fabs being able to produce enough chips. All of this has been solved since. There is 0 reason now for Samsung ever to use Qualcomm again in the near future.

Yeah I know I should wait but getting one of those will be a total pain in the ass for a good while. the images of the phone didn't shout quality either but I guess they weren't proper hands on etc.

Should be much easier to get one this time. They are having 50x the launch inventory this time and I should have invites to give out as soon as available.

I'm not entirely sure if I know what iMessage is supposed to be winning.

Is this a joke? iOS8 on my 5S was a bigger clusterfuck than L.

Can the next thread title be Android OT Just buy an iPhone already? Because the amount of bitching here about abandoning is fucking ridiculous. We know you're not going to switch. Shut the fuck up.

let me know when an iPhone will give me xperia-like battery life, let me choose default apps, and give me the same amount of sharing options with app integration

thanks
Keeping it real. This thread can be hilarious at times.

L Preview was good too

Then they released it....

tumblr_m7zsj1rdBL1rsy50k.gif

manfestival

Don't do anything until the Motorola event next week, at least.

I see people write stuff like this every single time I go to buy a phone. It drove me crazy after waiting like 6 months for everyones freaking events that I eventually gave in for the galaxy s6 because I was tired of waiting

After LG with the G4, is Microsoft really the only OEM to release a flagship (two, actually) with a removable battery and microSD card slot? Time to bring "I wish it ran Android" back.

Top Bottom